two year olds!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
My son is crazy, he is four months away from turning two but he has already started the craziness. When he swan dives off furniture if you take your eyes off of him for one second, I have to wonder if he is going to survive being a toddler.:razz:
He has already started throwing himself down on the floor when he doesn't get what he wants, we haven't had an incident at a grocery store yet but I have a feeling it is coming.
THe worst part is trying not to laugh when he does certain things.

yeah! It is him. That is the problem, he is so damn cute it is hard to for me to punish him. lol
He is in time out right now for climbing and turning off the tv! He already understands that the remote works on the television. Only boys!

Don't let him watch Mary Poppins and then leave an umbrella anywhere he can find it.
That's jumping off the roof material.

If he is related to me he is going to do it anyways!
That is the problem, I remember when I was younger and all the kids were here for the summer my parents would go to the ER sometimes twice a day. I of course wanted to be like my brother's and would do the same stupid shit like jump off roofs for no reason.
My parents pool for one is close enough to the house to where you can jump off the roof into the pool.

Don't let him watch Mary Poppins and then leave an umbrella anywhere he can find it.
That's jumping off the roof material.

If he is related to me he is going to do it anyways!
That is the problem, I remember when I was younger and all the kids were here for the summer my parents would go to the ER sometimes twice a day. I of course wanted to be like my brother's and would do the same stupid shit like jump off roofs for no reason.
My parents pool for one is close enough to the house to where you can jump off the roof into the pool.

if? :lol::lol:

if you think you're having fun now, luissa, wait 'til he's 17.

bwahaahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaa
:cool:

My son is crazy, he is four months away from turning two but he has already started the craziness. When he swan dives off furniture if you take your eyes off of him for one second, I have to wonder if he is going to survive being a toddler.:razz:
He has already started throwing himself down on the floor when he doesn't get what he wants, we haven't had an incident at a grocery store yet but I have a feeling it is coming.
THe worst part is trying not to laugh when he does certain things.

You're probably gonna wanna curb that right now before it starts getting too bad. Take what you want from him..analyze it...and find out how YOUR actions will benefit what YOU want him to do. Most of the time, I use positive reinforcement vs negative reinforcement. Focus on all the good things that he does rather than the bad things and emphasize them so that he sees that he will get attention from you by doing good rather than bad. If he sees that hes getting attention whether it be negative or positive from doing bad..he will continue to do those bad things to get the attention.

PS: This tactic works on adults that act like children as well :)

Jamie

Last edited:
Cute kid. I wish you well in raising him up to be a fine American. Who knows, he may do something extremely important with his life. He'll do that anyway when he makes you a Grandma but maybe he'll turn out to be a rocket scientist or something equally as cool. Good luck with the parent chores -

yeah! It is him. That is the problem, he is so damn cute it is hard to for me to punish him. lol
He is in time out right now for climbing and turning off the tv! He already understands that the remote works on the television. Only boys!
He sure is a cuttie Luissa

His face shows alot of character :eusa_angel:

Cute kid. I wish you well in raising him up to be a fine American. Who knows, he may do something extremely important with his life. He'll do that anyway when he makes you a Grandma but maybe he'll turn out to be a rocket scientist or something equally as cool. Good luck with the parent chores -
oh! I have plans for him, for one he is left handed and he can already hit targets he is aiming at. If he likes it he is going to be at least a baseball player hopefully a pitcher with him being left handed or a first baseman. Of course I played first base in high school.
I can already tell he will probably be athletic for one he walked earlier than most boys and he is aggressive.
My brother calls him Batman because he runs around with his head down but never hits anything.

He sure is a cuttie Luissa

His face shows alot of character :eusa_angel:
he is a character! I couldn't have asked for a better baby, he is one of those kids that wins people over right away. Just say he is not starving for love or attention which is great with me being a single mom.
It is character that gets me and sometimes I let him get away with things because he is being some damn cute.
My problem is when are you suppose to let them just work it out and when are you suppose to punish him?

my advice as the mother of a 27 yr old....kill him now....you will still be young enough to have a life after jail....

mtnman is right...they are cute cause when you go in to strangle them....you just cant do it....and the fits do start in the grocery..here is what i did....just walk away....let him toss the fit...till the is simply too tired to fit anymore....i tryed the going out to the car bit...and waiting....i was spending all day in the car at the grocery....just walk away...no one is gonna take a screaming ass kid....go where he cant see you and watch...when he fits himself out ...he will start looking for you...do not let the fits control you....

just wait till he runs down the hall...while you have company....yelling..."momma my pee pee wont go down" as he is playing with it...its all fun and games till they are out of the house lol

It isn't called "the terrible twos" for nothing.

Great age, though.

One of the more interesting periods of development since they're learning to talk, and getting their bodies under control at the same time.

This is where their inate personalities really start to play out in the real world.

my advice as the mother of a 27 yr old....kill him now....you will still be young enough to have a life after jail....

mtnman is right...they are cute cause when you go in to strangle them....you just cant do it....and the fits do start in the grocery..here is what i did....just walk away....let him toss the fit...till the is simply too tired to fit anymore....i tryed the going out to the car bit...and waiting....i was spending all day in the car at the grocery....just walk away...no one is gonna take a screaming ass kid....go where he cant see you and watch...when he fits himself out ...he will start looking for you...do not let the fits control you....

just wait till he runs down the hall...while you have company....yelling..."momma my pee pee wont go down" as he is playing with it...its all fun and games till they are out of the house lol
I think my mom did the same thing with us! I remember having to look for her.:razz:

Forum List

Back