two week challenge. take a guess, What made Pete Rose stand out from every other baseball player?

Never really was interested in sports other than the 49rs at candlestick. Now that they abandoned the city screw them.

yeah I always enjoyed the niners as well but i feel the same way,since they abondoned candlestick screw them,that was their identity. same with baseball,i have got to where i have no interest in the NFL other than the rams only cause they are finally back where they belong.

Rose was a hard-nosed competitor that only had one gear. Hell, he took out Ray Fosse at home plate during the all-star game that was nothing but an exhibition game.

yeah whats really sad is players now dont take the all star game serious anymore as they do now,they take it as a vacation instead of a game where they go and out and play it hard to win as the old timers like rose always did.thats one reason i hate baseball now same as i do as much as football. i mean that is so asinine that they give the winner home field advantage in the world series in hopes of getting them to play hard and take it serious as rose and other players did which has not worked,they are too stupid to figure out they need to stop paying them millions to these players to get them to play hard again.:mad:

He always ran to first base during a walk.=hence the Hustle nickname.
Carlton always reviewed his pitches to his batters in his mind before games=hence his great career.
Jim Katt would pitch quick windups hence 50 minute ball games.
Can you tell I grew up during the Vet Stadium era in PHILLY?

that explains WHY you were the one that guessed it.You nailed it,:clap2:you are the winner. I never knew how he got the name charlie hustle.NOW i understand because yeah,he was the ONLY player in MLB to my knowledge,who would RUN after he was issued a walk.

you obviously went to many Phils games the fact you have so many vivid detail memories of that.

as i said in the OP,that was a HUGE factor of what made him became the all time hits leader,he worked really really hard obviously.but he also went the extra special mile other players didnt go by RUNNING to first base on a walk.

Man it sucks a player like that who gave so much to the game is banned.I am disspointed that all other players that have got into the hall have not come out and said-Im sorry,i cant accept this honor.If you wont put pete rose in the hall of fame,then leave me out as well. they are too selfish though and want their place in history.

His ban is such BS.Its not like he went and pulled an OJ SIMPSON.jesus christ.

He did that as well in one of the playoff games against the Astros as well.same identical situation.He gave the catcher a forarm to the chin.This catcher was much more fortunate,he was able to contine to play the game the rest of the night.:lmao:
Another thing that I remember about Rose, was he was one of the most competitive players I've ever seen. He's one of the very few players who was more competitive than Kobe Bryant.

He did that as well in one of the playoff games against the Astros as well.same identical situation.He gave the catcher a forarm to the chin.This catcher was much more fortunate,he was able to contine to play the game the rest of the night.:lmao:
Another thing that I remember about Rose, was he was one of the most competitive players I've ever seen. He's one of the very few players who was more competitive than Kobe Bryant.
Jimmy Conners was another.

Every time he left the dugout he said "I bet I can hit this guy. Who'll give me 2:1?"

They guy was the most incredible hitter ever.he actually hit 500 against Nolan Ryan during the 1980 season going five for 10 against him.Most hitters always dont want to say feared Ryan,but he instilled doubts in them,Not Rose. No surprise in the least he broke Cobbs record.a feat that will NEVER be broken again.

here is something else that nobody mentioned that i doubt any other MLB player did is that after a fellow player scored,Rose would always be the one player who ALWAYS go out of the dugout and went up close to homeplate to pat them on the back to congratuate them. I cant remember any other player who did that,they would only be there to congratuate them cause they were the next batter coming up to hit.

I think its safe to say every player in baseball wanted to play with pete rose the way he went out of his way to always congratuate you coming OUT OF THE DUGOUT like that everytime when he wasnt even due to come up to hit yet.

Forum List

Back