Two US Citizens Killed in Juarez, Says Report

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
A mother and son were killed in Ciudad Juárez over the weekend when the SUV they were riding in was sprayed with assault-rifle fire, according to the El Paso Times.

The U.S. citizens were among four people killed in an attack on a blue Dodge Durango with Texas plates in Ciudad Juárez on Friday evening.

The U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juárez has confirmed that two of the dead were identified as Pablo Noe Williams, 19, and his mother Rosa Williams, 35 - both are listed as being from Kansas.

The Chihuahua state attorney general's office spokesman told the paper that all four deaths were caused by gunshots.

Often dubbed the "murder capital of the world," Cuidad Juárez, which borders El Paso, Texas, recorded 1,037 murders through mid-June. Many of the killings are linked to the battle between Juárez and Sinaloa cartels.

The carnage from Mexico's drug war which started in 2006 and has already claimed some 36,000 lives.

In the ongoing Border Battle -- the U.S. State Department warned Americans to stay away from even more locations in Mexico as recently as this past summer when officials warned Americans not go to parts of 11 Mexican states.

Two US Citizens Killed in Juarez, Says Report | Fox News Latino

I wonder why they went to Mexico?
It is another country and we cannot guatantee their safety there.
And it is not like Juarez has a garden spot reputation.

I wonder why they went to Mexico?
It is another country and we cannot guatantee their safety there.
And it is not like Juarez has a garden spot reputation.
There is a lot of maquiladora activity in El Paso/Juarez. So, some have to travel between the two cities on a regular basis.

Some travel for the markets on weekends.

Well, this is what I used to do when I had to travel to El Paso. It's been a while since I have done that. If I had to cross the border, I would take a security force with me now.

What a shame.

And, Holder's DoJ gave them guns through illegal straw sales.

It is perfectly safe for Americans to travel in mexico. Just ask Hillary Clinton. Ask Bill Richardson who personally worked very hard to get travel advisories and warnings lifted. Richardson is a dual citizen who felt that restricting American travel in mexico would harm his home nation's tourist industry.

Ah yes. And let's not forget President Calderon coming to the USA spewing his rhetoric on how safe it is to visit his 'wonderful, safe' Mexico. I guess some people are dumb enough to believe these lies that are told for profit. Ahhhhhh, but they do want those dollars!!

Forum List

Back