Two U.S. Troops Kidnapped by Insurgents - Merged

Mr. P said:
Not much market for camels globally, is there?
Think of the glass supply that would be created.
Wait, oil..ok gotta have it.

So, it's time for some serious Special ops. Gloves off, Search and DISTROY!

Same with Iran--They got the oil--they got us by the balls along with the rest of the world.

Mr. P said:
Not much market for camels globally, is there?
Think of the glass supply that would be created.
Wait, oil..ok gotta have it.

So, it's time for some serious Special ops. Gloves off, Search and DISTROY!

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to play hardball in Iraq. WTF does Bush have to lose politically anyway. Let the boys loose and leave the dead bodies in the street!!! To fuckin' hell with the "insurgents". Time to go house to house, shithole to shithole and kill these vermin!!!!

CSM said:
It makes me angry; not only at the terrorist Muslim fanatics but also at the libs (who are noticeably absent in this thread so far). It makes me sad for the soldier's families and it makes me all the more determined that the Islamic fanatics need to get their wish....death. Not all Muslims may be terrorists but their silence is deafening to my ears. While they make a huge outcry about cartoons and the desecration of the Koran, their lack of humanity stands uncontested by our own libs and the MSM as well as the UN, the World Court, the Geneva convention and all those other "august" bodies that delight in portrying the US as the "great Satan". Screw em all. I have an exit plan for Iraq...withdraw the troops then nuke the hell out of the entire Middle East and every other Muslim nation on the planet. Civilization will be far better off without their medievil mentality. The Muslim culture is a pimple on the ass of progress and it is in dire need of removal.

Islam died on 9/11. Let's send the rest of them to the grave with it. Honestly if my hand were on the trigger of the nuclear "football" right now I'd let them have it. Western culture and Islam are incompatible. We've played "nice guy", we've played "nation builder", time to be the badass we can be.....

Bush better do something about this. Those two soldiers were tortured and left as a message. I'm glad none of our other soldiers were hurt trying to retrieve the bodies through all the booby traps that were left around the scene of where they we dumped. But how much are we supposed to take?

Osama bin Laden is on record as saying that our humilation in Somalia was a major reason why 9/11 was planned. These barbarians understand strength and detest weakness. Our soldiers were killed and dragged through the streets. And we did nothing. That just made them detest us even more.

Bush better do something. This cannot be allowed to go unpunished.

nt250 said:
Bush better do something about this. Those two soldiers were tortured and left as a message. I'm glad none of our other soldiers were hurt trying to retrieve the bodies through all the booby traps that were left around the scene of where they we dumped. But how much are we supposed to take?

Osama bin Laden is on record as saying that our humilation in Somalia was a major reason why 9/11 was planned. These barbarians understand strength and detest weakness. Our soldiers were killed and dragged through the streets. And we did nothing. That just made them detest us even more.

Bush better do something. This cannot be allowed to go unpunished.
Dream on.

Mr. P said:
Dream on.
I fear your observation is what will happen, though I think NT is correct in what should, my guess is you agree.

The US and Iraqi soldiers, IMO should hit the areas hard and without stop. We should NOT behead or such nonsense, but SHOULD send them to Gitmo, which they seem to fear, if they are not killed in the crackdown.

Kathianne said:
I fear your observation is what will happen, though I think NT is correct in what should, my guess is you agree.

The US and Iraqi soldiers, IMO should hit the areas hard and without stop. We should NOT behead or such nonsense, but SHOULD send them to Gitmo, which they seem to fear, if they are not killed in the crackdown.
Oh yes I agree (cept just kill em), you must have seen my post on "Special ops, search and DESTROY", right? Tis where I stand, but reality is, well real.

To be fair, Bush is between a rock an a hard place. Giving control and responsibility to Iraq while planning to withdraw makes it tough to take the action we would like to see. Then again, covert might work.:)

Mr. P said:
Oh yes I agree (cept just kill em), you must have seen my post on "Special ops, search and DESTROY", right? Tis where I stand, but reality is, well real.

To be fair, Bush is between a rock an a hard place. Giving control and responsibility to Iraq while planning to withdraw makes it tough to take the action we would like to see. Then again, covert might work.:)
I didn't see that Spec. ops post, but it seems we are in agreement.

I don't think the admin. is really planning on withdrawing within the next 6 months, I could be wrong. In any case, hit 'em hard and make them pay.

and a bit of good news:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060620/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_al_qaida

Key figure in al-Qaida in Iraq killed

By KIM GAMEL, Associated Press WriterTue Jun 20, 2:08 PM ET

A key al-Qaida in Iraq leader described as the group's "religious emir" was killed in a U.S. airstrike hours before two American soldiers went missing and in the same area, the military said Tuesday.

Mansour Suleiman Mansour Khalifi al-Mashhadani, or Sheik Mansour, and two foreign fighters were killed as they tried to flee in a vehicle near the town of Youssifiyah, in the so-called Sunni "Triangle of Death."

U.S. coalition forces had been tracking al-Mashhadani for some time, American military spokesman William Caldwell said in announcing his death. He said al-Mashhadani was an Iraqi, 35 to 37 years old, and that one of the men killed with him was an al-Qaida cell leader identified as Abu Tariq.

The three men were killed just hours before an insurgent attack on a traffic checkpoint near Youssifiyah, by a Euphrates River canal. One U.S. soldier was killed in the attack and two were reported missing afterward.

Two bodies believed to be those of the missing men — Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore., were recovered in the same area.

Caldwell said the Iraqi militant played a key religious and recruiting role in the group. The spokesman said Mansour was linked to the senior leadership, including Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed in a June 7 U.S. airstrike, and Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the man the U.S. military has identified as al-Zarqawi's replacement.

Mansour "reportedly served as a right-hand man of Zarqawi's, and also served as a liaison between al-Qaida in Iraq and the various tribes in the Youssifiyah area, as well as playing a key role in their media operations," Caldwell said.

Citing intelligence sources, Caldwell also said Mansour was responsible for the shooting down of a coalition aircraft this spring.

The U.S. military captured Mansour in July 2004 because of his ties to the militant groups Ansar al-Islam and Ansar al-Sunna, but released him because he was not deemed an important terror figure at the time, the spokesman said.

The militant joined al-Qaida in Iraq sometime in the fall of 2004, Caldwell said. He displayed photos that purportedly showed Mansour with a mustache before his death and with a battered face and one eye closed after he was killed. Another photo identified Mansour as a masked figure sitting on the floor with al-Zarqawi.

A document seized from an al-Qaida hideout and released by National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie that portrayed the Iraqi insurgency as being in "bleak" shape was directly linked to Mansour, Caldwell said.

Beyond the barbarics. Lots of links:

http://gaypatriot.net/2006/06/20/murder-media-manipulation-al-qaedas-strategy-in-iraq
Murder & Media Manipulation: Al-Qaeda’s Strategy in Iraq
Posted by GayPatriotWest at 8:38 pm - June 20, 2006.
Filed under: War On Terror, Media Bias

Since I first learned of the murder of the two U.S. soldiers whose booby-trapped bodies were recovered earlier today, I’ve ben trying to find words to express my outrage at this atrocity. Simply put, it shows the barbarity of our adversary, thugs who use the cloak of a religious ideology to mask their sadism.

Terrorists affiliated with Al Qaeda kidnapped the men at a checkpoint south of Iraq. When recovered, “ the bodies showed signs of having been tortured.” More evidence of what we have long known about Al Qaeda: it is not a typical foe. Its followers show no regard for the Geneva Convention, indeed, have no regard for human life, even that of the people for whom it is ostensibly fighting — Iraqis and other Muslims.

As horrible as these murders are, it is important to note that it is one of the few times Al Qaeda has succeeded in directly attacking coalition soldiers in Iraq. Normally, they do not directly attack our troops, but instead use Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) to target them. It is a sign of their weakness that they have largely been targeting civilians, murdering innocent Muslims.

They’re killing their own people to make it appear that we are losing. And the Western media is helping them make their case. In the very AP article on the murder of the U.S. soldiers, the reporter writes that “Violence was unabated Tuesday, with at least 18 people killed in attacks nationwide, including a suicide bombing of a home for the elderly in the southern city of Basra.“

As one military officer wrote in to Best of the Web:

The media manipulation by the insurgents is brilliant and extremely effective. The press has become a puppet for the insurgents; the insurgents know exactly what they are doing with these “massacres” (quoted here because the investigation has not been completed, nor have any charges been filed) and the political nightmare they will cause the current administration. Bodies are produced for film, and there is zero fact-checking by the media–the media eat up this “news” like there is no tomorrow.

To the terrorists’ fighting our troops and the Iraq people, indiscriminate murder is merely a means of manipulating the media.

I wonder if perhaps, the latest uptick in violence is Al Qaeda’s means of showing that it is still exists after the American success in taking out is leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. It needs to do something as it suffers repeated defeats. In the immediate aftermath of his death, “American and Iraqi forces . . . carried out 452 raids,” killing 104 insurgents and capturing “759 ‘anti-Iraqi elements.” Earlier today, an American airstrike killed another leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Mansour Suleiman Mansour Khalifi al-Mashhadani, the group’s “religious emir.“

Al Qaeda’s remaining leaders in Iraq know that by murdering innocent civilians and relying on a compliant Western press, they will make it appear that despite numerous successes, U.S. and Iraqi forces are unable to control the situation in Iraq. Thus, Al Qaeda attacks the targets they can most easily attack, not the ones with any strategic value in a traditional military sense. That’s because their strategy is getting headlines and winning this one not on the battlefield, but in the U.S. media. And to that end, it doesn’t matter how many Iraqis they murder.

The barbarity of the murder of Pfcs. Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Lowell Tucker shows the evil nature of the opponents we face. These terrorists show no respect for conventions of warfare or for human life. And no respect for the dead, booby-trapping bodies in order to use them to kill even more people. It’s just too bad that some bloggers are using the murders of these servicemen as just another excuse to attack the Administration.

Once again, we see the evil of our enemies in Iraq for what it is. As our hearts go out to the families of these two brave young men, let’s not mince words and call their murderers what they are. And do what we can do defeat them.

-Dan (AKA GayPatriotWest): [email protected]

nt250 said:
What good news? One more dead Muslim? There are 500 million where he came from.

The United States needs to avenge the deaths of these two soldiers. They sent us a message. We need to answer it.

Salt the Earth.
Ya wanna kill em all huh?:bs1:

It strikes me that our usually vocal libs/Dems (the ones on this board) are noticeaby absent in this thread. They all just went down a few notches in my book.

Mr. P said:
Ya wanna kill em all huh?:bs1:

No, not all.

Just carpet bomb everything in a 500 mile radius of where our two boys were left.

I think that's fair.

CSM said:
It strikes me that our usually vocal libs/Dems (the ones on this board) are noticeaby absent in this thread. They all just went down a few notches in my book.

Please --keep them absent--they can only offer reasons why they "deserved" it or something.
Same tune, next verse----According to them the US can be attacked but we cannot fight back. The only "legitimate" thing we can do now according to libs is to find bin laden. When he's dead, we have to lay down our guns and stick our hands up.

ScreamingEagle said:
Like yesterday.:blowup:

Bush is turning out to be another Clinton. What do these people have to do to us before we do what's needed?

We're not brutal enough. That's our problem. We'd rather charge our own soldiers with murder, and put them in prison for laughing at a prisoner, than do what needs to be done.

How the hell did we ever win World War II?

nt250 said:
Bush is turning out to be another Clinton. What do these people have to do to us before we do what's needed?

We're not brutal enough. That's our problem. We'd rather charge our own soldiers with murder, and put them in prison for laughing at a prisoner, than do what needs to be done.

How the hell did we ever win World War II?

We killed--indiscriminately !!!!!!!

The world is betting that we won't do it again. They're winning.

Forum List

Back