Two thumbs up!

So, how many have gone to the movies and watched Capitalism: A Love Story?
How many have choosen not to because they've already decided "Capitalism" is God and the only thing wrong with our economy is government interference?
Government interference is bad, correct? What right does a government have to inspect meat, or concrete or steel. Let the buyer beware, isn't that what Republicans believe? Or, is it only conservatives who hold such ideals? Or (hopefully) only the fringe right wing - well represented on this message board?
How many people here have paid nine dollars to have someone drop an anvil on their foot?

How could you possibly know that the experience would suck ass?

How many have choosen not to because they've already decided "Capitalism" is God and the only thing wrong with our economy is government interference?
Government interference is bad, correct? What right does a government have to inspect meat, or concrete or steel. Let the buyer beware, isn't that what Republicans believe? Or, is it only conservatives who hold such ideals? Or (hopefully) only the fringe right wing - well represented on this message board?

I chose not to because in a free market you only buy things you value. I value my $8 more than Michael Moore's incorrectly titled "documentary."

Capitalism: A Love Story, or, how the pursuit of private ownership has been exploited by a small minority of extremely wealthy and morally bankrupt Americans, and has threatened our democracy.
Only the most ardent ideologues - and, of course, the willfully ignorant - will not be moved by this film. It's too bad many who champion themselves as independents will censor themselves and not view the film; the film takes on the elected establishment without regard to their political party as well as the masters of the universe.
Those old enough to remember the film "Network" may be inclined to throw open a window on their PC after seeing the movie and shout, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Nice review but, I live in SE Michigan. I have heard Michael Moore on talk radio here for many years, almost 20 now. He's demonstrated for years here that he's just not that bright. I know that a lot of you who live in other parts of the country and only see his movies will embrace his positions because you think he's "edgy" and because you just flat out don't know any better, but I find it hard to get so worked up over anything Michael Moore does. I know better.

I am so baffled as to how one can buy into that class warfare, I mean that is so old and stupid but yet time after time they blame the rich. Class envy, because these people don’t have millions. They think other’s shouldn’t either and bought into they are the EVIL people that has stopped him/her from attaining any kind of wealth. Hello idiots, it is time you stop projection your lack of worthiness and start liking your life for what you have! Greedy bastards!

Do you treally think that anyone wants to stop anyone from attaining ANY form of wealth? A little paranoid maybe?

You might consider that there is a difference in predatory capitalism and being a good citizen capitalist.

Do you think 95% of lobbiests representing less than 5% of the population is a good thing?

Capitalism without regulation is economic suicide. Only feeding the beast leaves you with only a beast.

I am so baffled as to how one can buy into that class warfare, I mean that is so old and stupid but yet time after time they blame the rich. Class envy, because these people don’t have millions. They think other’s shouldn’t either and bought into they are the EVIL people that has stopped him/her from attaining any kind of wealth. Hello idiots, it is time you stop projection your lack of worthiness and start liking your life for what you have! Greedy bastards!

Do you treally think that anyone wants to stop anyone from attaining ANY form of wealth? A little paranoid maybe?

You might consider that there is a difference in predatory capitalism and being a good citizen capitalist.

Do you think 95% of lobbiests representing less than 5% of the population is a good thing?

Capitalism without regulation is economic suicide. Only feeding the beast leaves you with only a beast.

"Predatory Capitalism" is not Capitalism at all.

I'd rather take that $10.00 bill and set it on fire than to have Michael Moore get a penny's profit from it.

Ah, the willfully ignorant speak, yet say nothing. Of course that's not a surprise. Those who proudly save $9 or so will still pay more for their health care and receive less than nations with less resources than ours. They won't watch any of Michael Moore's films, they might require thought and an assessment of their long held beliefs.
It would be too easy to explain their behavior as stupidity, though it is tempting. I suggest that those of you so disposed to call me names, or respond to this post with an idiotgram (Hi dude) head off to a library or bookstore. There's a book worth reading by Michael Shermer wherein he answers this question: Why (smart) people believe weird things; of course, not all of you are as smart as you pretend.

Last edited:
Ah, the willfully ignorant speak, yet say nothing. Of course that's not a surprise. Those who proudly save $9 or so will still pay more for their health care and receive less than nations with less resources than ours. They won't watch any of Michael Moore's films, they might require thought and an assessment of their long held beliefs.
It would be too easy to explain their behavior as stupidity, though it is tempting. I suggest that those of you so disposed to call me names, or respond to this post with an idiotgram (Hi dude) head off to a library or bookstore. There's a book worth reading by Michael Shermer wherein he answers this question: Why smart people believe weird things; of course, not all of you are as smart as you pretend.

If you want to talk about smart people, I heard Bill Frist interviewed this morning on the radio. You know who he is, right? Would you consider him to be someone in the know? He disagrees with you.

Why should Michael Moore be a greedy capitalist and make us pay for his film in the first place? He should have it online for free.

Former Sen. Frist maybe smart but his vast income is dependent on the status quo of health care.

No it's not. It's dependant on Congress staying in power and giving him his pension. The man served in the British Health Care System, and has some very illuminating things to say about it....but if you know better than he does...:eusa_angel:

Why should Michael Moore be a greedy capitalist and make us pay for his film in the first place? He should have it online for free.

How to politely say this???
Well, there is, for example Enron, which most of us consider to be an example of greedy capitalists, and there are many examples of individuals and businesses where profit is a goal, but not the only goal.
See the movie or not, but be assured Moore's films have more truth than hyperbole; and as art Moore uses the artists license to prove a point by going over the top. One might excuse Limbaugh for artistic license but for he goes way beyond artistic license in his use of hate and fear.

Well, there is, for example Enron, which most of us consider to be an example of greedy capitalists, and there are many examples of individuals and businesses where profit is a goal, but not the only goal.
See the movie or not, but be assured Moore's films have more truth than hyperbole; and as art Moore uses the artists license to prove a point by going over the top. One might excuse Limbaugh for artistic license but for he goes way beyond artistic license in his use of hate and fear.

One could say Michael Moore goes too far in his use of half-truths and outright lies. Such as calling the government bailouts "Capitalism," for instance.

Former Sen. Frist maybe smart but his vast income is dependent on the status quo of health care.

No it's not. It's dependant on Congress staying in power and giving him his pension. The man served in the British Health Care System, and has some very illuminating things to say about it....but if you know better than he does...:eusa_angel:

I suggest you look into Sen. Frist's background a bit more.

Don't play that game with me. If his background is deficient, state why you believe it. He's on record as having said he served in the British health system. If you take exception to that, make your case. Otherwise, you've got nothing to say.

One could say Michael Moore goes too far in his use of half-truths and outright lies. Such as calling the government bailouts "Capitalism," for instance.

Since you've not seen his films (I assume) how can you assert he goes too far in his use of half-truths and outright lies? If you have, please point out the "outright lies".
I await your reply; reviews by Fox News or the Washington Times will be ignored.

Don't play that game with me. If his background is deficient, state why you believe it. He's on record as having said he served in the British health system. If you take exception to that, make your case. Otherwise, you've got nothing to say.

I never said or suggested his background was deficient. Any income he recieves as compensation for his terms in the Senate is chump change; his real income comes from his transplant business. A business which might be harmed if real health care reform is enacted; it's his character I question.

Since you've not seen his films (I assume) how can you assert he goes too far in his use of half-truths and outright lies? If you have, please point out the "outright lies".
I await your reply; reviews by Fox News or the Washington Times will be ignored.

I'll say Moore goes to far. I've had the pleasure of listening to him on my radio and TV for twenty years. Believe me, you don't know comedy..and tragedy...until you listen to Michael Moore try to discuss economics. The guy just isn't that smart.

Forum List

Back