Two thumbs up!

No, I'm afraid it's not. The government's onerous regulations are anti-competition and lead to monopolies. Then of course there are those that have federally sponsored monopolies like the Post Office.

LOL, ever heard of UPS or FED EX?
Which onerous regulations? Are you suggesting the federal government is responsible for the oil cartel? Did the government run all those small businesses into the ground in small town all over America, or did Wall Mart?

USPS's control of first class mail keeps the parcel post companies honest. They make a good profit on the parcel post competition with the USPS. If not for the Postal Service, the private companies would pillage our pocket books. Government regulation can be a very good thing.

Last edited:
Someone let Me know when he learns what capitalism is. I may then see one of his films.

Moore is a hater of all things that go against his fears and he uses the rationale of most 5 year old children to justify why the world should be the way he wants it.

Last edited:
Capitalism: A Love Story, or, how the pursuit of private ownership has been exploited by a small minority of extremely wealthy and morally bankrupt Americans, and has threatened our democracy.
Only the most ardent ideologues - and, of course, the willfully ignorant - will not be moved by this film. It's too bad many who champion themselves as independents will censor themselves and not view the film; the film takes on the elected establishment without regard to their political party as well as the masters of the universe.
Those old enough to remember the film "Network" may be inclined to throw open a window on their PC after seeing the movie and shout, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

This is true.

CNBC had a special on this entitled, Untold Wealth, the Rise of the Super Rich.

It was very informative. The hedge fund managers basically stole the life savings of the middle class and rode off into the sunset.

UPS and Fed Ex don't compete with the Post Office's first class mail delivery, which the federal government has created a monopoly for. The federal government's regulations put small businesses out of business that could otherwise compete. Wal-Mart provides goods at better prices than most of their competition. That's how the market is supposed to work.

LOL. Kevin, do you understand the theory of holes?

I'm not sure I've heard of it.

LOL, ever heard of UPS or FED EX?
Which onerous regulations? Are you suggesting the federal government is responsible for the oil cartel? Did the government run all those small businesses into the ground in small town all over America, or did Wall Mart?

USPS's control of first class mail keeps the parcel post companies honest. They make a good profit on the parcel post competition with the USPS. If not for the Postal Service, the private companies would pillage our pocket books. Government regulation can be a very good thing.

Ridiculous. It's the Post Office pillaging our pocket books by us propping them up.

UPS has said for years that they can deliver first class mail for less than half what the post office charges.

Capitalism: A Love Story, or, how the pursuit of private ownership has been exploited by a small minority of extremely wealthy and morally bankrupt Americans, and has threatened our democracy.
Only the most ardent ideologues - and, of course, the willfully ignorant - will not be moved by this film. It's too bad many who champion themselves as independents will censor themselves and not view the film; the film takes on the elected establishment without regard to their political party as well as the masters of the universe.
Those old enough to remember the film "Network" may be inclined to throw open a window on their PC after seeing the movie and shout, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!
Well... I just don't like Moore. I doubt I could manage to sit through the movie; he just grates on my nerves.

I am so baffled as to how one can buy into that class warfare, I mean that is so old and stupid but yet time after time they blame the rich. Class envy, because these people don’t have millions. They think other’s shouldn’t either and bought into they are the EVIL people that has stopped him/her from attaining any kind of wealth. Hello idiots, it is time you stop projection your lack of worthiness and start liking your life for what you have! Greedy bastards!

Outstanding post Terry, I couldn't agree more.
It's easier to bitch about the successful than it is to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to better themselves and their families.

Of course there's assholes out there that prey on the weak, but it's not the majority of wealthy people, and certainly not exclusive to any political party.

The secret to getting rich in ths country is readily available and anyone (at least till obama care and cap and trade come to fruition) can take advantage of it. However you really gotta wanna because it isn't easy. First find something you enjoy doing that can be of benefit to others. 2nd chage a fair price for the service and then do it 16 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week 52 weeks a year.

Capitalism is merely the natural law of commerce. That's why capitalist systems work, because they are based on the natural law. The more you fight against the law, the more problems there will be in consequence of those violations.

The bail out, for example, is a violation of this law. It's not capitalism. Let's not pretend it is. It doesnt matter what you call it, but it's not capitalism. Michael Moore's attempt to depict otherwise is dishonest.

First define "natual law", then answer this: Is paper money part of the 'natural law' of commerce?
Second, did you see the film?
Finally, all forms of natural law theory subscribe to the Overlap Thesis, which is there is a necessary relationship between the concepts of law and morality.

Second, did you see the film?

im to old for cartoons

I am so baffled as to how one can buy into that class warfare, I mean that is so old and stupid but yet time after time they blame the rich. Class envy, because these people don’t have millions. They think other’s shouldn’t either and bought into they are the EVIL people that has stopped him/her from attaining any kind of wealth. Hello idiots, it is time you stop projection your lack of worthiness and start liking your life for what you have! Greedy bastards!

It's easier to bitch about the successful than it is to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to better themselves and their families.

Of course there's assholes out there that prey on the weak, but it's not the majority of wealthy people, and certainly not exclusive to any political party.

"Outstanding post Terry"? I suggest you too take a class in world history. Google up some scholarly articles and pay particular attention to events after 1789 (you two do know what happened that year, hopefully).

"Outstanding post Terry"? I suggest you too take a class in world history. Google up some scholarly articles and pay particular attention to events after 1789 (you two do know what happened that year, hopefully).
Lots of things happened, dont be coy, just dazzle us with your brilliance

Well... I just don't like Moore. I doubt I could manage to sit through the movie; he just grates on my nerves.
Bald faced liars have that effect on a lot of people.

UPS has said for years that they can deliver first class mail for less than half what the post office charges.

Lysander Spooner setup his own Post Office in the 1800's that undercut the USPS and forced their prices down, and was still successful. Eventually the federal government forced it to close, however. We need to legalize competition in that field.

You've been coming to political forums nearly as long as I have You still have nerves left?

:razz:

You've been coming to political forums nearly as long as I have You still have nerves left?

:razz:
:lol:

Good point LOL.

Lysander Spooner setup his own Post Office in the 1800's that undercut the USPS and forced their prices down, and was still successful. Eventually the federal government forced it to close, however. We need to legalize competition in that field.

Interesting! Link, please.

Interesting! Link, please.

Untitled Document

American Letter Mail Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back