Two thumbs up!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Capitalism: A Love Story, or, how the pursuit of private ownership has been exploited by a small minority of extremely wealthy and morally bankrupt Americans, and has threatened our democracy.
Only the most ardent ideologues - and, of course, the willfully ignorant - will not be moved by this film. It's too bad many who champion themselves as independents will censor themselves and not view the film; the film takes on the elected establishment without regard to their political party as well as the masters of the universe.
Those old enough to remember the film "Network" may be inclined to throw open a window on their PC after seeing the movie and shout, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

So basically your favorite wretch utterly ignores the reality of how everything from neighborhood committees to city zoning ordinanaces and building codes to state finanace laws and fannie and freddie abuse by the Democrats erected a rickety housing market that could not help but collapse if housing prices ever plateaued let alone collapsed?

Capitalism is merely the natural law of commerce. That's why capitalist systems work, because they are based on the natural law. The more you fight against the law, the more problems there will be in consequence of those violations.

The bail out, for example, is a violation of this law. It's not capitalism. Let's not pretend it is. It doesnt matter what you call it, but it's not capitalism. Michael Moore's attempt to depict otherwise is dishonest.

Avatar, without proof or evidence, argues that 'natural law' governs capitalism. I disagree that no such thing as "free market forces" really exist. Greed producing monopolies destroys the competition that "free market forces" supposedly produce. No competition reinforces monopoly, which leads to oligarchic corporatism that corrups government and captures the consumer. Let's get real, gang, and look at the world the way it really is.

Avatar, without proof or evidence, argues that 'natural law' governs capitalism. I disagree that no such thing as "free market forces" really exist. Greed producing monopolies destroys the competition that "free market forces" supposedly produce. No competition reinforces monopoly, which leads to oligarchic corporatism that corrups government and captures the consumer. Let's get real, gang, and look at the world the way it really is.

Yet it's the government's policies that create real monopolies.

I am so baffled as to how one can buy into that class warfare, I mean that is so old and stupid but yet time after time they blame the rich. Class envy, because these people don’t have millions. They think other’s shouldn’t either and bought into they are the EVIL people that has stopped him/her from attaining any kind of wealth. Hello idiots, it is time you stop projection your lack of worthiness and start liking your life for what you have! Greedy bastards!

• Banned
Capitalism is merely the natural law of commerce. That's why capitalist systems work, because they are based on the natural law. The more you fight against the law, the more problems there will be in consequence of those violations.

The bail out, for example, is a violation of this law. It's not capitalism. Let's not pretend it is. It doesnt matter what you call it, but it's not capitalism. Michael Moore's attempt to depict otherwise is dishonest.

First define "natual law", then answer this: Is paper money part of the 'natural law' of commerce?
Second, did you see the film?
Finally, all forms of natural law theory subscribe to the Overlap Thesis, which is there is a necessary relationship between the concepts of law and morality.

First define "natual law", then answer this: Is paper money part of the 'natural law' of commerce?
Finally, all forms of natural law theory subscribe to the Overlap Thesis, which is there is a necessary relationship between the concepts of law and morality.

No, the market is more than capable of choosing its own form of money, and paper would not naturally be chosen. It would have to have some sort of worth outside of being used as money, otherwise nobody would want it. Gold and silver have historically been chosen as money by the market.

Capitalism: A Love Story, or, how the pursuit of private ownership has been exploited by a small minority of extremely wealthy and morally bankrupt Americans, and has threatened our democracy.
Only the most ardent ideologues - and, of course, the willfully ignorant - will not be moved by this film. It's too bad many who champion themselves as independents will censor themselves and not view the film; the film takes on the elected establishment without regard to their political party as well as the masters of the universe.
Those old enough to remember the film "Network" may be inclined to throw open a window on their PC after seeing the movie and shout, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

How much did you pay to see the film?

:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

and then us poor folks rise up, create anarchy, and we start all over again.

No, the market is more than capable of choosing its own form of money, and paper would not naturally be chosen. It would have to have some sort of worth outside of being used as money, otherwise nobody would want it. Gold and silver have historically been chosen as money by the market.

Of course I agree, my question in the first sentence was satorical. If President Bush did not have fiat money at his disposal he couldn't have prosecuted war, cut taxes and expanded the size of the federal government.

Last edited:

Yet it's the government's policies that create real monopolies.[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous.

I am so baffled as to how one can buy into that class warfare, I mean that is so old and stupid but yet time after time they blame the rich. Class envy, because these people don’t have millions. They think other’s shouldn’t either and bought into they are the EVIL people that has stopped him/her from attaining any kind of wealth. Hello idiots, it is time you stop projection your lack of worthiness and start liking your life for what you have! Greedy bastards!

I humbly suggest you take a class in world history. This post may be the most ignorant one I've ever read.

That's ridiculous.

No, I'm afraid it's not. The government's onerous regulations are anti-competition and lead to monopolies. Then of course there are those that have federally sponsored monopolies like the Post Office.

Last edited:
Watching Michael Moore is equivalent to studying a steaming pile of shit to me - not only boring, but disgusting. I won't be seeing it, ever.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

That's ridiculous.

No, I'm afraid it's not. The government's onerous regulations are anti-competition and lead to monopolies. Then of course there are those that have federally sponsored monopolies like the Post Office.

LOL, ever heard of UPS or FED EX?
Which onerous regulations? Are you suggesting the federal government is responsible for the oil cartel? Did the government run all those small businesses into the ground in small town all over America, or did Wall Mart?

Which onerous regulations? Are you suggesting the federal government is responsible for the oil cartel? Did the government run all those small businesses into the ground in small town all over America, or did Wall Mart?

UPS and Fed Ex don't compete with the Post Office's first class mail delivery, which the federal government has created a monopoly for. The federal government's regulations put small businesses out of business that could otherwise compete. Wal-Mart provides goods at better prices than most of their competition. That's how the market is supposed to work.

Domestic Total as of Oct. 1, 2009: $401,689
Distributor: Overture Films Release Date: September 23, 2009
Genre: Documentary Running Time: 2 hrs. 7 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: N/A

UPS and Fed Ex don't compete with the Post Office's first class mail delivery, which the federal government has created a monopoly for. The federal government's regulations put small businesses out of business that could otherwise compete. Wal-Mart provides goods at better prices than most of their competition. That's how the market is supposed to work.

LOL. Kevin, do you understand the theory of holes?

Forum List

Back