Two-thirds of WI children can't read proficiently, despite highest per pupil spending

From fucking McDonald's. I don't care; if they are capable of teaching children and have a clean record, give them a teaching certificate and open up the schools.

The system stinks, and so do the people, who claim to want a better education for children but who REFUSE to do anything about the way business is done in our schools.

They're crooked, lying, dishonorable POS. I hope they get fired; and I hope it starts a nation-wide trend. I'd love to purge the crap teachers from our schools. But, since liberals are cowardly at heart, I don't forsee anyone else striking if they think they might REALLY lose their jobs. It's one thing to stand up for more money; it's another to RISK anything for it. Well, it's another to risk your OWN well-being for it, I should say. No risk is too great for the taxpayers and those pesky kids!

As pointed out earlier, public schools must follow rules, curriculums and statues that are dictated by school boards, state legislatures and congress. Also teacher unions/ teacher organizations make recommendations but they are just that recommendations. Those that are the policy setters are the ones who should adopt a better approach.

Bottom line: if you don't hustle your ass to the PTA to keep your local school accountable and support the good teachers....if you don't organize with other parents and make it clear to your local politico that they won't be re-elected until a better school/teacher system is set up.....if you don't tell your mayor or governor to review and FIRE incompetent school supervisors....and if YOU don't put your foot in your kids ass to straighten up and fly right, and/or HELP them with their homework, then don't come with all this "it's all the unions fault" bullshit.

Oh, and as for the headline of this thread....here's a reality check

Nationwide, only 30 percent of public school eighth graders earned a rating of “proficient” or better in reading, and the average reading score on the NAEP test was 262 out of 500. That’s right, the reading proficiency rate for Wisconsin eighth graders is slightly higher than the national average.

BREAKING: 8th Grade Reading Scores In WI Higher Than National Average | Media Matters for America

So what happens in WI happens on a national scale.

Suits me. Bye worthless and greedy educators. Time for a new group of people to take your place.

So when YOU and your like minded link tried to paint WI teachers as total failures in reading scores, you were LYING, as WI is slightly ahead of the curve.

But YOU don't have the stones to admit that.

My statement stands......if people want an improvement in their school system, get off their asses and get involved, because teacheres can't do it alone, and you can't just leave it up to the system without YOUR imput.

Bottom line: if you don't hustle your ass to the PTA to keep your local school accountable and support the good teachers....if you don't organize with other parents and make it clear to your local politico that they won't be re-elected until a better school/teacher system is set up.....if you don't tell your mayor or governor to review and FIRE incompetent school supervisors....and if YOU don't put your foot in your kids ass to straighten up and fly right, and/or HELP them with their homework, then don't come with all this "it's all the unions fault" bullshit.

Nationwide, only 30 percent of public school eighth graders earned a rating of “proficient” or better in reading, and the average reading score on the NAEP test was 262 out of 500. That’s right, the reading proficiency rate for Wisconsin eighth graders is slightly higher than the national average.

BREAKING: 8th Grade Reading Scores In WI Higher Than National Average | Media Matters for America

Well, so much for the argument that unions produce better teachers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Check the rate of failure of charter schools, chuckles. It seems EVERYONE needs to get their asses in gear.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/12648

Online NewsHour: Study Finds Charter School Students Lag Behind Public School Counterparts -- August 18, 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/us/08charter.html

Last edited:
Whose is at fault for the scores? Well, in descending order,

(1) parents who don't care about their kids' education enough to get involved

(2) federal no child left behind laws that push standard testing and minimize educational standards in the various disciplines

(3) gutless legislatures that take the fed monies then whine about the standards and failures

(4) invested bureaucrats from DE to the state EAs to the superintendents and administrators that are soaking off the system and failing the children

(5) teacher unions that protect bad teachers

So, hail to our teachers, and may you all walk over any who attempt to stop you from doing the job.

Proviso: AllieBaba, people will check your links.

Well I expect people to check my links, you retard. I take that as an admission you don't usually bother?

Well, so much for the argument that unions produce better teachers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Check the rate of failure of charter schools, chuckles. It seems EVERYONE needs to get their asses in gear.

American Chronicle | ARIZONA'S CHARTER SCHOOLS ARE AN ABYSMAL FAILURE THAT SHOULD BE AN EXAMPLE TO THE NATION

Online NewsHour: Study Finds Charter School Students Lag Behind Public School Counterparts -- August 18, 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/us/08charter.html

Charter Schools? Huh?

:lol::lol:

And if the answer is to increase funding, and WI has the highest increases/funding in the nation, I guess that's evidence that we don't need to increase funding. And in fact, probably need to look at another solution...

I know, let's FIRE THE TEACHERS and start over! Win/win.

This is exactly the point. Not only are the Members of the Union in Wis being greedy assholes, but they are not exactly doing well at their jobs to begin with.

The wonders of Unions and Tenure.

Glass houses? Stones?

nope. Billy Joel.

glasshouses.jpg

Forum List

Back