Two-Thirds of U.S. Doctors Expect ObamaCare to Worsen Care Patients Receive…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Democrats hate doctors, they make tooooo much money….

(CNBC)- Nearly two-thirds of U.S. doctors surveyed fear healthcare reform could worsen care for patients, by flooding their offices and hurting income, according to a Thomson Reuters survey released Tuesday.
The survey of more than 2,900 doctors found many predict the legislation will force them to work harder for less money.
“When asked about the quality of healthcare in the U.S. over the next five years, 65 percent of the doctors believed it would deteriorate with only 18 percent predicting it would improve,” Thomson Reuters, parent company of Reuters, said in a statement.
The U.S. House of Representatives began debate Tuesday on efforts to repeal President Barack Obama’s overhaul of the U.S. healthcare industry.

Last edited:
Flood their offices?
Hmmm.

And on my local level. 2 new Doctors offices have opened in the last year and my doctor just added a 3rd DR. to his office operation.
And we are a small town.

Last edited:
I am friendly with quite a few doctors and not one of them wants their children to go into medicine. Antecdotal I know, but they all have smart kids. Scary.
Yeah....the Country's overrun with smart-kids......
Wankin.gif

HERE

....and, China LOVE$ it!!!!

Forgive the skepticism here but..... why am I gonna thinking that Doctors might be more concerned about their income than their patients?

Forgive the skepticism here but..... why am I gonna thinking that Doctors might be more concerned about their income than their patients?
Well what is the average cost of Medical School? It starts at $100,000 thereabouts? Why would someone smart wanna' get into that much debt for a job that doesn't pay enough to even pay the tuition?

I guess Obama is figgering on importing Doctors from Haiti or Mexico? Then what about the State and Federal board certifications? It boggles the mind.

Well what is the average cost of Medical School? It starts at $100,000 thereabouts? Why would someone smart wanna' get into that much debt for a job that doesn't pay enough to even pay the tuition?

I guess Obama is figgering on importing Doctors from Haiti or Mexico? Then what about the State and Federal board certifications? It boggles the mind.

Yep. I know that. And I know about the cost of practicing these days and stuff, but, seriously.... They have a really, really big dog in the hunt. Therefore, it is reasonable to question their ability to take an impartial view.

Personally, there are huge issues with the HC Bill.... but, if the GOP are smart, they will go after the really crappy shit it in, and keep the stuff that will actually help fix the problems. Don't go for a massive repeal. It'll fail. If they're serious, go through the damned thing, chunk by chunk, and try and rip out the shit. Keep the baby, throw out the bathwater.

I kinda agree with you CG but 2000 pages is a hell of a lot of bathwater. It might be simpler to start over. I honesty don't know, but I'm not a big fan of "death by a 1000 papercuts" if ya know what I mean.

Forum List

Back