Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan

CNN just released a poll of 1,000 Americans showing overwhelming support for the House Republican approach to the debt limit crisis. Specifically, 66 percent of Americans favor a deal where both houses of Congresses pass a balance budget amendment, and substantial cuts and caps on future spending, in exchange for a debt limit hike.

As a stand-alone measure, 74 percent of Americans favor a constitutional amendment to require a balanced federal budget. And 60 percent of Americans believe a balanced budget amendment is necessary to get federal deficits under control.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan | Conn Carroll | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner
And yet that idiot Harry Reid is out there saying how this is the worst legislation in the history of the country.

Harry Reid: Cut, Cap And Balance "Worst Piece Of Legislation" Ever | RealClearPolitics

Once again, I would bet the 1,000 Americans polled do not know what is in the legislation. Or the impacts it will have on attempting to increase taxes ever again.

Do you know what is in the legislation? Or, more specifically, what is not in the legislation?

How's that working out?

Rather well.

No it aint.

Murders are up nation wide because LEOs are being fired.

But conservatives support that because people can meet god sooner.

Ask Jan Brewer.

She loves making people dead.

The FBI must be sleeping, they report that crime rates are down across the board, and that violent crimes are significantly lower. The reason for that actually makes sense, LEOs do not stop crimes, they investigate them.

And here's the line that followed just after the point the OP decided to make his cut:

Sixty-six percent of Americans do support a plan to cut four trillion dollars in government spending and raise taxes as part of a debt limit hike.

I noticed that too LOL
The poll is not all bad news for President Obama. Sixty-six percent of Americans do support a plan to cut four trillion dollars in government spending and raise taxes as part of a debt limit hike.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan | Conn Carroll | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

According to CNN about a month and a half ago, the majority of Americans did not support the Ryan plan because of it's cuts. Now supposedly the majority of Americans support a plan that has deeper cuts than even the Ryan plan? :lol:

Like the Dems aren't playing games??

Where is the Dem plan??

Where is Obamas plan??

They have no problem trashing anything the GOP comes up with but so far all I've heard from them is vague refrences to cuts in the future and upping taxes right away.

The Dems ain't to good at keeping their word on cutting anything as Reagan and Bush I found out.

Let me know when that Dem plan appears willya.

Obama's "plan"...

29471725-president-obama.jpg

Quite simple. I said Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan.

I'm not sure what all that other stuff you brought up has to do with it.

It's from the poll you're using.

It shows 64% want a combination of tax increases and spending cuts, the Democrat's plan.

In some proposals, Congress would raise the debt ceiling while cutting between two trillion and four trillion dollars in government spending over the next ten years and raising taxes on some businesses and higher-income Americans. Would you favor or oppose this proposal?
July 18-20 2011
Favor 66%
Oppose 34%
No opinion 1%

22. In another proposal, Congress would give President Obama the ability to raise the debt ceiling several times in the next 18 months while cutting a smaller amount in government spending and not raising taxes at all. Would you favor or oppose this proposal?
July 18-20 2011
Favor 34%
Oppose 65%
No opinion 1%

23. In another proposal, Congress would raise the debt ceiling only if a balanced budget amendment were passed by both houses of Congress and substantial spending cuts and caps on future spending were approved. Would you favor or oppose this proposal?
July 18-20 2011
Favor 66%
Oppose 33%
No opinion 1%

It means you and the GOP do not have the backing of the American public. In fact, the poll shows just the opposite, the public blames the GOP for the impasse and will overwhelmingly blame the GOP for any default.

It shows 64% want a combination of tax increases and spending cuts, the Democrat's plan

excuse me?

what "plan"?

this is the second plan on paper that has been voted upon and passed.BY Republicans.....I have yet to see a thing from the dems on paper, or obama....if you have it, please post it. thank you.

The Republican CCB bill does NOT combine revenue and spending cuts to bring down the deficit, and since that is not the formula that the 64% support,

they can't possibly support the GOP bill by 2 to 1.

It's Math.

According to CNN about a month and a half ago, the majority of Americans did not support the Ryan plan because of it's cuts. Now supposedly the majority of Americans support a plan that has deeper cuts than even the Ryan plan? :lol:

Since I proved that CNN glossed over the details about this particular poll do you think it is remotely possible that they did the same thing with the earlier poll?

Another possibility is that people understand the issues better now and changed their minds. I keep telling people that Americans are not stupid, but some people insist on proving otherwise by being stupid.

The thread title is an outright lie.

What is a lie is, the Republican Party Leadership has offered a balanced budget amendment. The fact is, neither H.J.RES. 1 or S.J.RES. 5 requires Congress to balance the federal budget when it borrows to meet its expenses during the course of a fiscal year.

Our Republican Party Leadership is very clever! Label a piece of legislation a “balanced budget amendment” and concerned Americans, even Tea Party Activists, will assume the Republican Party Leadership has come to America’s rescue and is determined to compel Congress to balance the annual budget.

Unfortunately, the actual text of the legislation is cleverly designed to allow Congress to not only continue its reckless spending and borrowing, but the proposal would actually make it constitutional for Congress to not balance the annual budget! But do remember its title is a “balanced budget amendment”, and as such, who would be against a “balanced budget amendment” other than our big spending and borrowing “liberals“! And so, if one dares to utter a disapproval of the “balanced budget amendment”, our “concerned Americans” especially the Republican Party Leadership, is quick to smear such an utterance as being “left wing nonsense”.

And that is how the beast in Washington survives and flourishes! It divides the people by using the old good-cop bad-cop routine. And in this particular discussion concerning a “balanced budget amendment“, our Republican Party Leadership must be the good cops because they promote a “balanced budget amendment”. Of course, our beast in Washington is quite confident the people, even Tea Party Activists, will neglect to read the amendment word for word, much less use critical thinking in judging its specific sections, and in all likelihood will simply align themselves with the good cop’s talking points, even though the words spin a tale very different than what the “balanced budget amendment‘s” text declares and is really designed to accomplish.

Hey Mark Levin,

How does the “balanced budget amendment” require Congress to balance the annual budget when it borrows to meet its expenses during the course of a fiscal year?

JWK

Our tyrants in Washington force the productive to pay income taxes so they can spread their wealth and buy votes, but the Washington Establishment does not force their beloved 45 % who pay no income taxes to work for the taxes they get

Forum List

Back