CDZ Two questions for Central & South American leaders

The saddest thing is the hostility being shown to the people who were born into the dire circumstances created by decades of right-wing policies instead of directing it toward the right-wingers who were, and are responsible for these policies in the first place.

These innocent people just want the basics of a decent existence, and have been put in the middle of a mess they did not create. Masses of people do not leave the only home they have ever known unless forced to do so. And on foot? With little kids? Pregnant?

The saddest thing is the hostility being shown to the people who were born into the dire circumstances created by decades of right-wing policies instead of directing it toward the right-wingers who were, and are responsible for these policies in the first place.

These innocent people just want the basics of a decent existence, and have been put in the middle of a mess they did not create. Masses of people do not leave the only home they have ever known unless forced to do so. And on foot? With little kids? Pregnant?
I suppose you could accurately blame right wing policies. However, those policies were followed by both political parties.

Yet another example of how similar the two are, yet few Americans seem to know of their numerous similarities.

I suppose you could accurately blame right wing policies. However, those policies were followed by both political parties.

Yet another example of how similar the two are, yet few Americans seem to know of their numerous similarities.
I was going to say that the US only has right wing policies when it comes to foreign policy.

I'm of mixed race, and married into another mixed-race family. Not a full-blooded white person amongst us. My daughter's in-laws include some illegals in California and (I think) in my state.

We have some hardcore lefties and some hardcore righties, and the rest of us are some flavor of independent.

And guess what? Here are two VERY clear and VERY fair and VERY direct questions we'd ALL like to ask the "leaders" of Central & South America. All of us agree that these two questions are at the very core of the border problem.

We wish we could get in front of these leaders and ask:

1. Why are YOUR people SO DAMN DESPERATE to escape YOUR COUNTRY?
2. Why are YOU so HAPPY to HELP them?

So my question here is: What would you say if you were one of those leaders? And would you give an honest answer?

Let's see if we can have a civil and thoughtful conversation on this important topic.
P.J. O'Rourke has a book called "Eat the Rich" .It touches on why some countries are poor while others are prosperous. 1) respect for the law 2) property rights

Forum List

Back