Two Questions For Believers

MarkDuffy

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2015
San Diego, CA
This thread is a spinoff on the Two Questions for Atheists thread

1. Do you wish your God was a better creator? Are you satisfied with his creation of sickness, evil, crime, racism, greed, liberals & atheists?

2. Do you pray for your God to stop abandoning you & return to fight the God Science instead of running away in fear?

God did a good job of creation. Life is a thrilling roller coaster ride that ends with eternal bliss for God's people. To Hell with everyone else.

1. Do you wish your God was a better creator? Are you satisfied with his creation of sickness, evil, crime, racism, greed, liberals & atheists?

2. Do you pray for your God to stop abandoning you & return to fight the God Science instead of running away in fear?

I understand this is just a troll post ... but, I'll bite and answer you.

1. No. We live in a wonderful Universe. Full of many wonderful things to see, enjoy, and discover, Evil, crime, racism, greed et al, aren't caused by creation, but by our inability to appreciate creation.

2. G-d is doing just fine and, to my knowledge, has never abandoned me or anyone else. Sure, it's been a long time since he's Tweeted me, but he's got a lot on his mind. Science isn't the enemy of G-d. Science is a tool that allows us to better appreciate the creation.

1. No. We live in a wonderful Universe. Full of many wonderful things to see, enjoy, and discover, Evil, crime, racism, greed et al, aren't caused by creation, but by our inability to appreciate creation.

2. G-d is doing just fine and, to my knowledge, has never abandoned me or anyone else. Sure, it's been a long time since he's Tweeted me, but he's got a lot on his mind. Science isn't the enemy of G-d. Science is a tool that allows us to better appreciate the creation.

"Science isn't the enemy of G-d. Science is a tool that allows us to better appreciate the creation."

Great! Could you please tell the others? Thanks.

I don't push my version of religion on others. I let people believe what they want to believe.
But that's not "a version of religion", it's a simple statement of fact. Science and theism do not overlap or conflict. If they want to say their religious dogma is in conflict, not the pure idea of theism itself, then that is their choice and their problem.

1. Fuck yeah! I wish he didn't create a book that tells his followers to kill other tribes, burn gays and created a world without sadness, sickness and evil.

2. YES! I want god to come down and be the king we deserve.

But that's not "a version of religion", it's a simple statement of fact. Science and theism do not overlap or conflict. If they want to say their religious dogma is in conflict, not the pure idea of theism itself, then that is their choice and their problem.

Science ... or just observance of nature ... makes it very difficult to maintain a belief in a literal interpretation of scripture. Some people are able to accept scripture as metaphorical. But, others are deeply offended by the idea that scripture shouldn't be literal.

I wouldn't enter into any attempt to dissuade someone their beliefs aren't valid. Jews don't do that. Actually, we do it a lot to each other, but not to non Jews.

Science ... or just observance of nature ... makes it very difficult to maintain a belief in a literal interpretation of scripture. Some people are able to accept scripture as metaphorical. But, others are deeply offended by the idea that scripture shouldn't be literal.

I wouldn't enter into any attempt to dissuade someone their beliefs aren't valid. Jews don't do that. Actually, we do it a lot to each other, but not to non Jews.

I find that easy to believe, considering how secular so many Jews are.

Methinks you are a very easy grader. Isn't our inability to appreciate creation a flaw in creation? Can you imagine how wonderful the world would be without the failures of creation? No wars? We are told by believers that heaven is the wonderful place and this is the place that sucks. Why didn't we get both? Why should we believe in a wonderful heaven if, as you claim, this universe is all that and a bag of chips already? You have heard the old expression

You get kudos for this answer

1. Do you wish your God was a better creator?

Sure. We've been after Him for ages to create atheists who can stay out of Religion Forums. :D

No offense you were predestinated before the beginning of time. Since you have not heard the voice of the Capo de tutti Capi (Lord of Lords in Sicilian.) in the witness of others I doubt you will hear mine either. Therefore I would suggest that you should act as if life on this Earth is the closest you will come to Heaven enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Why should we believe in a wonderful heaven if, as you claim, this universe is all that and a bag of chips already?

The concept of a dichotomy between the evil corrupt world and a pure and perfect heaven is one of a xtian creation. Jewish scripture speak very little about the nature of afterlife. Jewish faith is more concerned with improving ourselves and the world around while we're alive.

According to my faith, G-d gave us his creation to use as we see fit. You can't very well blame the creator if we can't take good care of what we've been gifted.

"Science isn't the enemy of G-d. Science is a tool that allows us to better appreciate the creation."

More specifically to you?

God created you didn't he? The only thing better he created was the constitution to the United States

2. Do you pray for your God to stop abandoning you & return to fight the God Science instead of running away iStates.

God never abandoned us..he did it perfectly by creating abortion to rid the world from potential liberal voters .

I find that easy to believe, considering how secular so many Jews are.

Jews aren't any more secular than xtians. We all have varying degrees of religious observance.

More specifically to you?
Uh...not following...

Forum List

Back