Two Pieces of Garbage

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
I took a plane ride a few days ago, and a few days later I took another. (That whole round trip thing ya'know?)

On these particular flights from beautiful sunny Cleveland to dreary cold Las Vegas, and back...."wait, strike that, reverse it" (BONUS: What movie was that line from? 5 points)....there were two in-flight movies:

The first movie was "Mona Lisa Smile". This movie was god awful. Though it starred Julia Roberts, Julia Stiles, and Kirsten Dunst, there wasn't even a hint of any T & A. None, zero, zilch, nichevo.

The story was bland, drawn out, and didn't even have a proper ending. Just another 'teacher forces students to challenge their worldview, challenges the system, and in so doing finds some questions for herself, blah blah blah' movie, but nothing new except this time is was all about women. Perhaps it's a good chick flick but I would have rather watched "Lean On Me" for the three hundreth time.

But who knows, I was somewhat distracted by the scenery outside in addition to two articles in my Scientific America, one about innovations in super-string theory and pre-Big Bang characteristics of a karyoptic Universe and the other about lab engineered bio-circuits in viral form revolutionizing the methods of modern genetic enginerring. Chicago is a big city.

Four thumbs down.

The second movie was "Something's Gotta Give" with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton, but after about three straight days of being awake and drunk I was a little delirious and confused. I pulled the headphones off after about 20 minutes to try and rest, but those 20 minutes definately sucked.

3 thumbs down.

The first movie was "Mona Lisa Smile". This movie was god awful. Though it starred Julia Roberts, Julia Stiles, and Kirsten Dunst,

Oh, man, you didn't even mention Maggie Gyllenhal, hottest girl in the world and my future wife! That is, if Kiera Knightley says no.

But, yeah, that looked like a big-time chick flick.

Originally posted by Zhukov
I took a plane ride a few days ago, and a few days later I took another. (That whole round trip thing ya'know?)

On these particular flights from beautiful sunny Cleveland to dreary cold Las Vegas, and back...."wait, strike that, reverse it" (BONUS: What movie was that line from? 5 points)....there were two in-flight movies:

Actually that line is in 3 movies counting the 2 mentions so far. For the first you have to go back to the early 80's to late 70's.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. A true classic

The first movie was "Mona Lisa Smile". This movie was god awful. Though it starred Julia Roberts, Julia Stiles, and Kirsten Dunst, there wasn't even a hint of any T & A. None, zero, zilch, nichevo.

The story was bland, drawn out, and didn't even have a proper ending. Just another 'teacher forces students to challenge their worldview, challenges the system, and in so doing finds some questions for herself, blah blah blah' movie, but nothing new except this time is was all about women. Perhaps it's a good chick flick but I would have rather watched "Lean On Me" for the three hundreth time.

I agree that this movie was not the greatest. However, there were a couple of scenes that had some latent lebso tendencies peeking out, which made it worth watching. But Zhukov is right, a lot of hot women but no nudity or sex of any kind. I did find it interesting, though, that Wellesey, which is now quite a liberal feminist college, was so ultra-conservative in 1954.

Originally posted by Dan
Oh, man, you didn't even mention Maggie Gyllenhal, hottest girl in the world and my future wife! That is, if Kiera Knightley says no.

Agreed, Maggie Gyllenhall was the hottest chick in MLS by far! :thup:

The second movie was "Something's Gotta Give" with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton, but after about three straight days of being awake and drunk I was a little delirious and confused. I pulled the headphones off after about 20 minutes to try and rest, but those 20 minutes definately sucked.

3 thumbs down.

Saw this in the theatre. You should have stuck it out despite your water and oxygen deprived brain :)

Took a bit for the plot to develp, but once it did, it was a pretty funny movie - so not Jack that it was actually refreshing. Somewhat along the lines of that film he was in wherein he had the obsessive compulsive thing going on ahd Helen Hunt was co-star, I can never remember the name of the film.

Originally posted by Dan

Thank you Dan for the mention of Maggie. I think she was head and shoulders better looking than the other three. :D

I watched it with the wife and although it is a chick flick it was interesting if you could follow the story.

No... I think I'll have to wait until the wife's out of town, though, from what I've heard of it.

Well... I dunno. It's not an over-the-top sex thing like they try to make it out to be. It's definitely a sexual movie, but there is pretty much no onscreen sex (Maggie does do full-frontal, if that's your kinda thing). It's just a funny adult comedy.

Zhukov, I KNOW you're not talking bad about Maggie G. in this thread while talking about how beautiful Cate Blanchett is in another! I guess I'm allowed to dig a girl who looks like a dog if you can dig one that looks like a lizard.;)

at least you didn't pay to see those movies!

I saw many a 'crap' movies on flights....the only good ones were....Liar Liar and Jay and Silent Bob strikes back...I think of those because plane rides are dreadfully boring and I always hope for some good flick to make it pleasant...those two movies are a riot!!

If I had to pay for every movie I have seen on a flight - I would never sit in a theatre again!!

Forum List

Back