Two New Polls Show Perry in Single Digits

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Drops to just 8%.
Two new polls show Perry in single digits - PoliTex
Gov. Rick Perry, struggling to put his epic debate gaffe behind him, has fallen into single-digits and runs fifth place in a new McClatchy-Marist poll released Friday.

The former Republican frontrunner, who became a punch-line on late night talk shows after his stumble in a Wednesday debate, has eight percent support and is now closer to the back of the eight-candidate pack than the front.

Yup, he's done. Just not ready for prime time.

It's down to Gingrich and Romney, and I hope it goes to Gingrich. He'd chew the kenyan a new asshole in a debate, and I'd sing and dance in the streets with joy.

Perry's Top 10 excuses on Letterman:

10. "Actually there were three reasons I messed up last night. One was the nerves, two was the headache and three was, and three, uh, uh. Oops."

9. "I don't know what you're talking about. I think things went well."

8. "Hey, I was up late last night watching 'Dancing With the Stars.'"

7. "I thought the debate was tonight."

6. "Hey, listen. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude."

5. "Uh, el nino?"

4. "I had a five-hour energy drink six hours before the debate."

3. "I really hoped to get on my favorite talk show, but instead I ended up here."

2. "Hey, I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain."

1. "I just learned Justin Bieber is my father."

Okay, now THAT was funny.

Rick Perry delivers his Top Ten list of excuses on Letterman | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Ron Paul, he is the best candidate without a doubt.

It’s better that Obama continues if the alternatives are Romney,Perry or Cain. Ron Paul, a guy like that could solve many of america and the worlds problems.
Anothter ultra-religious and pro-Israel president will only makes things worse, like more wars,more debts,less jobs. Mixing politics with religion is not a good mix, Bush is a good example on that.

So Ron Paul, how are his chanches?

Drops to just 8%.
Gov. Rick Perry, struggling to put his epic debate gaffe behind him, has fallen into single-digits and runs fifth place in a new McClatchy-Marist poll released Friday.

The former Republican frontrunner, who became a punch-line on late night talk shows after his stumble in a Wednesday debate, has eight percent support and is now closer to the back of the eight-candidate pack than the front.
Very disturbing poll that Cain has fallen under 20.

Romney 23
Gingrich 19
Cain 17

It’s better that Obama continues if the alternatives are Romney,Perry or Cain. Ron Paul, a guy like that could solve many of america and the worlds problems.
Anothter ultra-religious and pro-Israel president will only makes things worse, like more wars,more debts,less jobs. Mixing politics with religion is not a good mix, Bush is a good example on that.

He's got my vote. I'm personally hoping it'll be Paul, not Gingrich, that takes full advantage of Perry's and Cain's declines. Still waiting for supporters on the Cain bandwagon to realize that their "Washington outsider" spent several years heading a lobbying group in Washington, so they can finally jump ship.

The "Romney vs. anybody with a rightwing pulse" wave continues. First Trump rockets towards the top before the far righties realize he's a complete whackjob and he burns.

Then Bachmann is lined up to be the rightwing savior and she rockets to the top... before the far right learns she's batshit crazy and ditch her.

Next up is Perry who rockets to the top as theTrue Conservative to beat Romney. Then he opens his mouth and the burn begins.

So enter Herman Cain as about the only remaining Anti-Romney Tea Party bobblehead. He shoots to the top by the force of his brilliant plan to balance the budget by taxing the snot out of the poor and cutting taxes on the rich. Then we learn he has some....er...issues and the far right watches as he takes the lead role in the slowest train wreck ever witnessed.

So now we're left with Newt. Any bets on the date he begins to collapse?

Wonder what's up? Cain dropped 11 points. Maybe it's the party, not the candidates.
With Gingrich "surging" as it shows in the poll, you could "assume" that others have taken those 11 points. Derp! :uhoh3:

I was gonna say that this is a Republican only poll but that's not really true. Perry is there! :lol:

I'm glad you're in Scandinavia, because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Drops to just 8%.

Very disturbing poll that Cain has fallen under 20.

Romney 23
Gingrich 19
Cain 17
Maybe he's losing the dirty old man vote.

I'm actually harboring small glimmers of hope that people will begin to consider Huntsman as a viable alternative to Mitt.

Jon Huntsman seems to be the kind of guy who will only be a top choice for 1% of Republicans, but would be a top 3 choice for 30-40%. It seems like there's only room for one moderate in this race, and the establishment has placed their support behind Romney for a while now.

Drops to just 8%.

That high?!?! Got to meet those 8%. They should be a real hoot!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The "Romney vs. anybody with a rightwing pulse" wave continues. First Trump rockets towards the top before the far righties realize he's a complete whackjob and he burns.

Then Bachmann is lined up to be the rightwing savior and she rockets to the top... before the far right learns she's batshit crazy and ditch her.

Next up is Perry who rockets to the top as theTrue Conservative to beat Romney. Then he opens his mouth and the burn begins.

So enter Herman Cain as about the only remaining Anti-Romney Tea Party bobblehead. He shoots to the top by the force of his brilliant plan to balance the budget by taxing the snot out of the poor and cutting taxes on the rich. Then we learn he has some....er...issues and the far right watches as he takes the lead role in the slowest train wreck ever witnessed.

So now we're left with Newt. Any bets on the date he begins to collapse?

I look forward the the year leading up to the 2016 election when a bunch of democrats are vying for the nomination.

Drops to just 8%.

Which begs the question:

Where's SNOOKI PALIN??!!!

Forum List

Back