Two Movies

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Yesterday I saw Will Smith's new movie Seven Pounds, which I thought was excellent. I didn't really know what it was about going into it, but I'm glad I was convinced to go. It's a little slow but I don't think it's in a bad way.

Today some friends and I went to see Notorious, which is a movie about Biggie Smalls. It wasn't great, but I thought it was about time the man I consider to be the greatest rapper of all time had his story told. I thought the East Coast vs. West Coast feud was well done, and portrayed both Biggie and Tupac very well. Tupac being firey and passionate about it, and Biggie not really wanting anything to do with the situation.

Finally we disagree on something.

I always thought Biggie was garbage. Tupac too.

Yesterday I saw Will Smith's new movie Seven Pounds, which I thought was excellent. I didn't really know what it was about going into it, but I'm glad I was convinced to go. It's a little slow but I don't think it's in a bad way.

I think I'm going to see this on Monday. I've been told to bring tissues...

As for Notorious, it looks terrible. The VH1 special on him was good enough.

I think I'm going to see this on Monday. I've been told to bring tissues...

It's definitely a tear-jerker.

As for Notorious, it looks terrible. The VH1 special on him was good enough.

Yeah, I was disappointed by the movie. I must have missed the VH1 special though, I don't ever watch any of the music channels.

Are you not a fan of rap or you just simply don't like those two?

Oh I'm definitely a fan. I have a side business producing hip hop music. Instrumentals, vocal recordings, mix downs, etc. I've been a fan most of my life. I work with some of the best up and comers out of Atlantic City, NJ. I've kind of been on hiatus the last year or so since my son was born nd my girl's been so busy, but I try to get stuff done when I can. My people have a studio in the city with everything I'd ever need. We've had some big names come through there. Method Man, for one. Jada Kiss came and did a private party for someone in my manager/partner's family. Got to meet him and shoot the shit with him for a little while. It was pretty neat.

I just never got into Biggie for whatever reason. Some tracks were ok, but I can't stand Puffy and I think he and his label ruined it for me in regards to Biggie. Lyrically he wass good, but I think it was his beat selection that killed it for me the most.

Last edited:
Oh I'm definitely a fan. I have a side business producing hip hop music. Instrumentals, vocal recordings, mix downs, etc. I've been a fan most of my life. I work with some of the best up and comers out of Atlantic City, NJ. I've kind of been on hiatus the last year or so since my son was born nd my girl's been so busy, but I try to get stuff done when I can. My people have a studio in the city with everything I'd ever need. We've had some big names come through there. Method Man, for one. Jada Kiss came and did a private party for someone in my manager/partner's family. Got to meet him and shoot the shit with him for a little while. It was pretty neat.

I just never got into Biggie for whatever reason. Some tracks were ok, but I can't stand Puffy and I think he and his label ruined it for me in regards to Biggie. Lyrically he wass good, but I think it was his beat selection that killed it for me the most.

That's cool you worked with Method Man, Wu-Tang is probably my favorite group. Not a big fan of Jada but it's cool you got to meet him.

Puffy's raps were pretty weak, and less of him would have been a good thing. I can't agree about the beat selection, I think most of the tracks from Ready To Die and Life After Death are classics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_81l4DXlwM]YouTube - Gogol Bordello - start wearing purple[/ame]

I prefer gypsy punk

Forum List

Back