Two Movies - Machete and The Last Airbender.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Rented out a couple of films last night. Machete and The Last Airbender. Because both got such bad reviews, they went into my "rent" column. Both were much better then expected.

Machete - Rightwingers went a little nutty about this tongue and cheek homage to grindhouse films. It was hilarious. The violence was over the top..the plot sufficiently stupid and filled with 70s b-action flick cliches and the cast was top notch.

The Last Airbender - Painfully true to the Animated series, this had gorgeous sets, great costumes, actors that were dead-ringers for the characters they were playing and great cgi. I guess if you never watched the series it might be confusing..but I don't really see how. This was much better they say, Stephen Chow's laughably horrible adaptation of Dragonball..I kid you not..I've seen better live action adaptations from fans on You Tube.:lol:

Rented out a couple of films last night. Machete and The Last Airbender. Because both got such bad reviews, they went into my "rent" column. Both were much better then expected.

Machete - Rightwingers went a little nutty about this tongue and cheek homage to grindhouse films. It was hilarious. The violence was over the top..the plot sufficiently stupid and filled with 70s b-action flick cliches and the cast was top notch.

The Last Airbender - Painfully true to the Animated series, this had gorgeous sets, great costumes, actors that were dead-ringers for the characters they were playing and great cgi. I guess if you never watched the series it might be confusing..but I don't really see how. This was much better they say, Stephen Chow's laughably horrible adaptation of Dragonball..I kid you not..I've seen better live action adaptations from fans on You Tube.:lol:

You can watch them for free on line at either of these web sites; Fast Pass TV - Watch Movies Online Free or Veehd

Didn't see Machete. Saw Airbender in the theater. My daughters didn't like it -- left out too much from the series to suit them -- but I enjoyed it a great deal. I'd only seen a few episodes of the series, but was intrigued by the idea. I thought the movie brought it to life fantastically, although Aang should have been a little less serious.

I've seen Airbender. It wasn't great but I enjoyed it.

Will have to look for Machete. This sounds like a film I would like.

Didn't see Machete. Saw Airbender in the theater. My daughters didn't like it -- left out too much from the series to suit them -- but I enjoyed it a great deal. I'd only seen a few episodes of the series, but was intrigued by the idea. I thought the movie brought it to life fantastically, although Aang should have been a little less serious.

Yeah..in the series he's more playful. But that kid moved incredibly well and was a dead ringer for Aang.

I saw Machete months ago...it wasn't bad. Anytime homeboy from "Lawnmower Man" is in any movie or show, its something to watch.

So what about the movie has the RWer's panties up in knots?

I saw Machete months ago...it wasn't bad. Anytime homeboy from "Lawnmower Man" is in any movie or show, its something to watch.

"We didn't cross the border..the border crossed us"..for one thing.:lol:

Maybe they didn't like Segal's incredibly bad toupee.

I watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid and How to Train Your Dragon. I preferred to start the new year with a family entertainment laugh. They were good........except I never knew Vikings spoke with a Scottish accent.

"We didn't cross the border..the border crossed us"..for one thing.:lol:

Maybe they didn't like Segal's incredibly bad toupee.
The movie was a liberal propaganda film to motivate illegals to come to America and take back what they think is righfully theirs. Our counter should be to initiate and bring back Eisenhowers 'Operation Wetback' on a larger scale. It worked on a grand scale back then and it could be done again. Palin said she would do it if she was elected president. We need to purge the parasites from their infiltration into America and tainting our culture, traditions and heritage.

I myself am looking forward to Hobo with a Shotgun of all the movies made from the Grindhouse fake trailers.

I would like to say only for one movie that is avatar the last airbender. I believe that is listing in top movies.. And i like too.

Last edited:
The simultaneous triple decapitation scene in 'Machete' was outrageous! I was inspired enough to go buy one to keep in my RV.

Forum List

Back