Two more Census workers blow the whistle

Not entirely. You expect the Census to take beyond November? Please, expouind on your knowledge of why that will be and your credible sources.

Just look at the math ratio of workers to those they need to contact. Pretty sad and it defines inefficiency. There are multiple sources outside our little group here and they all say the same thing. So... I conclude that you choose to be a hack and partisan. Did I mention is was Obama's fault? No I did not, so get over it.

Did you miss the little factoid I put up about the 2000 Census? It's a huge undertaking, always has been. But in the past there has been little criticism. This time there is an ENORMOUS amount of criticism. What else is there to conclude other than the right wing noise machine will jump on the smallest mistake over ANYTHING, blast it out to their eager Obama-haters, and it then becomes viral. Just as this census bullshit has. Of course I'm partisan. You're not? But a "hack"????? Nope, just keeping it honest.

Consider the hack comment retracted MaggieMae. You are focusing the criticism as at Obama directly. I think a large measure of it is at the federal government in general. This particular government exercise gives people an opportunity to vent. That is a good thing in my opinion. I'd much rather see a little battle over the Census than some larger physical confrontation.

I forgot to add your affection for the term "hack." Being partisan does not make one a hack.

political hack - a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends

I'm working for the census, door to door counting people. And most of this is bullshit. Just more wacked out ridiculousness from the right wing haters.

But have you turned in any illegals yet?

Did you miss the little factoid I put up about the 2000 Census? It's a huge undertaking, always has been. But in the past there has been little criticism. This time there is an ENORMOUS amount of criticism. What else is there to conclude other than the right wing noise machine will jump on the smallest mistake over ANYTHING, blast it out to their eager Obama-haters, and it then becomes viral. Just as this census bullshit has. Of course I'm partisan. You're not? But a "hack"????? Nope, just keeping it honest.

Consider the hack comment retracted MaggieMae. You are focusing the criticism as at Obama directly. I think a large measure of it is at the federal government in general. This particular government exercise gives people an opportunity to vent. That is a good thing in my opinion. I'd much rather see a little battle over the Census than some larger physical confrontation.

I forgot to add your affection for the term "hack." Being partisan does not make one a hack.

political hack - a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends

What part of retracting the hack label is causing you an issue? :lol:
Can you see my point on the 0bama versus government criticism? I hope so. Hopefully it is just an affection and not an infection.

Well I see part of the ongoing polarization of the American people is that there's too much "venting" over the small stuff. That of course can be blamed on 24/7 talking heads creating huge inflagrations where none would exist if they would stop lighting small fires.

You have such a short memory considering the Bush years. Grow a spine Maggie, and thicken your skin. Free expression is not yours to take away from others. You don't like coordinated reaction to bullshit policies, try changing the policies. At the least reexamine what the fuck you are supporting. You know where to stick your censorship. ;)

The 2010 Census is estimated to cost close to $47 per person counted. That compares to $16 (or $19.72 when adjusted for inflation) in 2000. Why the huge increase? Answer: pork and a slush fund to cook the unemployment stats.

The Cost of the Census | How Much Does it Cost to Take the U.S. Census?

:confused:
CensusScope -- About the 2000 Census
An endeavor of the Census' magnitude does not come up without expense however. Census 2000 cost approximately $6.5 billion, or $56 per housing unit. Field data collection is by far the most expensive component of the Census' costs, accounting for nearly 60 percent of total costs. Technology, data products, postage, marketing, and communications make up the majority of the additional cost.

Could it be that it cost less, at least according to your posted table, because 3.4 million people went uncounted? (That costs more in the long run, btw).

US Census: The Cost of Not Being Counted – How the 2000 US Census undercount cost states billions in federal funding

Forum List

Back