Two major scandals coming out of Benghazi now... and counting

Ah..so he was spying?

:doubt:

He was on a search and destroy mission.

Hundreds of missing surface to air missles falling into AQ's hands should have everyone in the administration running for Immodium AD.

Yep.

Spying.

You do know that's illegal, right?

Who needed to spy? For crying out loud if you read the article you'll see everyone in the State Department admitting this was a big fuck up.

A guy from Human Rights Watch tipped them off.

We don't have to make Benghazi crazier than it freaking is. Look who was aware of all the weapons being stolen?

Boxer sent a letter today to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano urging the two to establish a joint program "to protect commercial aircraft from the threat of shoulder-fired missiles."

Page 2: Nightmare in Libya: Thousands of Surface-to-Air Missiles Unaccounted For - ABC News

I don't know how you figure a deliberate attempt to hide the truth from the American Public a "minor scandal" , after all the "cover-up" was what brought the Nixon Administration down. I guess it's just a reflection of how far the American Citizenry has fallen, we essentially just shrug it off when those that are supposed to be our servants in Government tell us bald face lies in order to attempt to hide how their incompetence was responsible for the deaths of 4 American Citizens. :cool:

I am sure you are just as angry at the Bush administration for telling bald face lies that led to the deaths of 4000 Americans and countless Iraqis..right?

Shouldn't you folks be calling for the trials or at least investigations of that?

Oh wait..

You're not.

Nor will you ever..

:doubt:

All ways back to Booooooosh, what a bunch of cry babies you libtards are. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BUSH!

How about back to Reagan?

You guys are making this into something that's "unprecedented".

It's not.

We get involved in covert operations world wide ALL THE TIME.

And this sort of stuff is BAU.

Only now, you guys are "examining" it with a microscope.

Okay..well then, lets start from the beginning..

Oh wait..you guys aren't interested in the slightest in stopping this activity.

Not at all.

What you are interested in, is undoing the 2012 election.

And that's it.

Doesn't matter the vehicle. Doesn't matter what it exposes.

You want impeachment and you want it NOW!

:lol:

Deflection, back to your seat, Shallow. The short bus will be picking up Rderp, Corky and a few others shortly.

MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD CLAIM:
WE’VE GOT ‘GOODS ON OBAMA’
Son of jailed leader says evidence could put U.S. president in prison, demanding answers in Benghazi
Does Jailed Brotherhood leader have goods on Obama? | Walid ShoebatWalid Shoebat

In an interview with the Anatolia News Agency, Saad Al-Shater, the son of a Muslim Brotherhood leader, the detained Khairat Al-Shater, said that his father had in his hand evidence that will land the head of United States of America, president Obama, in prison. He stressed that the senior U.S. delegation currently visiting Egypt, knows full well that the fate, future, interests and reputation of their country is in the hands of his father, and they know that he owns the information, documents and recordings that incriminate and would condemn their country. Such documents, he says, were placed in the hands of people who were entrusted inside and outside Egypt, and that the release of his father is the only way for them to prevent a great catastrophe. He stated that a warning was sent threatening to show how the U.S. administration was directly connected. The evidence was sent through intermediaries which caused them to change their attitude and corrected their position and that they have taken serious steps to prove good faith. Saad also said that his father’s safety is more important to the Americans than is the safety of Mohammed Mursi. [emphasis ours]

well bring it on :up: i would love to see that son-of-a-bitch in an Egyptian prison for the rest of his life

He was on a search and destroy mission.

Hundreds of missing surface to air missles falling into AQ's hands should have everyone in the administration running for Immodium AD.

Yep.

Spying.

You do know that's illegal, right?

Who needed to spy? For crying out loud if you read the article you'll see everyone in the State Department admitting this was a big fuck up.

A guy from Human Rights Watch tipped them off.

We don't have to make Benghazi crazier than it freaking is. Look who was aware of all the weapons being stolen?

Boxer sent a letter today to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano urging the two to establish a joint program "to protect commercial aircraft from the threat of shoulder-fired missiles."

Page 2: Nightmare in Libya: Thousands of Surface-to-Air Missiles Unaccounted For - ABC News

Well he was spying.

Because that wasn't the job description.

But heck..lets get down to brass tacks..are you saying this stuff never happened before?

Because I am wondering just where the aghanis got their gear from..when they were firing stinger missiles at our Aircraft..

Stinger Missiles Supplied By CIA Now Pose Threat To US

So what you're saying, Shallow, is that nothing separates the two parties when it comes to warmongering, criminal activity and aiding the enemy.

What happened to hope and change? What about forward?

Are you now admitting that Obama is just another Bush family member and that all that bullshit you guys voted for was a lie? Is that really what you're ready to admit here? That nothing was different about Obama from Bush except the extent at which Obama is willing to abuse power? Because that's what you're saying.

That the democrats and the Obama administration are doppleganging the Bush administration...on steriods...

Last edited:
Deflection, back to your seat, Shallow. The short bus will be picking up Rderp, Corky and a few others shortly.

No deflection at all.

This whole "scandal" will be relegated to the dungeons of the interwebs where crazies like yourself will slobber over it for eternity.

Meanwhile, your politicians will lose ground in the congress and Hillary will win in 2016.

So what you're saying, Shallow, is that nothing separates the two parties when it comes to warmongering, criminal activity and aiding the enemy.

Are you now admitting that Obama is just another Bush family member and that all that bullshit you guys voted for was a lie? Is that really what you're ready to admit here? That nothing was different about Obama from Bush except the extent at which Obama is willing to abuse power? Because that's what you're saying.

That the democrats and the Obama administration are doppleganging the Bush administration...on steriods...

What I am saying is that Obama isn't the wild eyed radical you folks made him out to be.

And it was conservatives that left him with both a huge mess..and an array of "interesting" new powers found in the AUMF and Patriot Act.

So unless you want to deal with that stuff..you are just spinning your wheels.

So if I'm keeping score right, we now have two major scandals coming out of Benghazi, plus a minor one.

1.) Despite continuous and escalating attacks through the spring and summer of 2012, the Obama admin kept REDUCING the security at the compound, replacing American guards and troops with Libyan personnel (usually unarmed), and ignoring repeated pleas from Ambassador Stevens to build it up. When the attacks of Sept. 11, 2012 came, the terrorists found the place a pushover, and had no trouble breaking in and burning most of it down, killing four Americans. These reduction went on as Barack Obama was running for re-election and crowing that Al Qaeda was "decimated", "on the run", and basically defeated, to make him look like an effective commander-in chief even as Al Qaeda was preparing a killing blow against us.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/w...s-in-benghazi-attack.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2.) Recently we are hearing that the CIA was hard at work that summer in a nearby Annex building, collecting various weapons (including missiles) that had been used against ex-dictator Khaddafi, and sending them to the Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria for use against the Bashir Assad regime there.
CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked' - Telegraph

The minor scandal was blaming the attacks on a video - one of the clumsier PR moves by the Obama administration - and sticking to the lie for weeks even while everyone involved knew it was actually a long-planned terrorist attack, not a spontaneous protest by film critics. While a good indicator of the Obama administration's arrogance and contempt for their constitutents, this scandal is small change compared to the real problems described above.

Which major scandal was worse?

I don't know how you figure a deliberate attempt to hide the truth from the American Public a "minor scandal" , after all the "cover-up" was what brought the Nixon Administration down. I guess it's just a reflection of how far the American Citizenry has fallen, we essentially just shrug it off when those that are supposed to be our servants in Government tell us bald face lies in order to attempt to hide how their incompetence was responsible for the deaths of 4 American Citizens. :cool:

I am sure you are just as angry at the Bush administration for telling bald face lies that led to the deaths of 4000 Americans and countless Iraqis..right?
Yeah I was and still am, you seem to forget I don't suffer from the same selective partisan morality that you do. So when Republicans lie, cheat and steal it isn't less egregious in my eyes than when Democrats do it, of course in the alternative reality that YOU seem to live in Democrats can do no wrong and Republicans can do no right and thus you consistently fool yourself into thinking two wrongs make a right arguments are valid.

It's a pretty safe bet that if a politician with a "D" behind his name started cutting the hearts from the breasts of small children on the White House lawn you'd fall all over yourself attempting to justify it. You should really think about that since your partisan vapor lock just blinds you from being able to discern fact from fiction and makes you appear the fool to onlookers that aren't afflicted by this limitation.

No deflection at all.

This whole "scandal" will be relegated to the dungeons of the interwebs where crazies like yourself will slobber over it for eternity.

Meanwhile, your politicians will lose ground in the congress and Hillary will win in 2016.

I dont have politicians, Shallow. But i aapreciate you admitting you are just like those you want to call out. You hated that Bush was involved in this type of stuff, but now that your man and team is doing it, it's compeltely acceptable. In fact, you want more of it.

You're a hypocrite, fella. But i'm glad to see you actually admit you're a hypocrite. It's the first step....

Doherty did an interview with ABC news last August. He stated his mission as a contractor for the State Department was to hunt down weapons and destroy them. I alsways believed that apart from revenge for the Obama administration's drone killing of AQ#2 who was Libyan that the attack on the CIA annex was to prevent these men from doing their job.

I'm finding it really strange that this is being treated as "new". Now I realize this got buried as a the other shit was hitting the fan over Benghazi, but this was out there.

First coffee. Let me get that interview from my stack of stuff.

Was he the one that said they were destroying them by hitting them with a hammer?

I was going to comment on that yesterday but the poster was someone I respect and I was afraid I'd be taken the wrong way.

Now, I'm not a demo man or an (Army) Engineer, but I have been known to blow a few things up in my day.

And I know enough that you don't go around hitting High Explosives with a hammer. :cuckoo:

There was this one time when we had a shitload of old 3.5" Rocket Launcher Rounds that were going bad and the CO caught me in a "Hey, You!!" and.....

:)

Yeah that was the bizarre part of the ABC report . I have to track down the original interview later today.

I mean a hammer? Running them over with their vehicles?

But the fact remains that weapons were just being stolen left right and center. 20,000 surface to air missles potentially going missing does not give me a warm a fuzzy.

Though Libya had an estimated 20,000 man-portable surface-to-air missiles before the popular uprising began in February, Assistant Secretary of State Andrew Shapiro told ABC News today the government does not have a clear picture of how many missiles they're trying to track down.

And what really kills me is that a dude from HRW flushed this out.

:eusa_whistle:

Peter Bouckaert of Human Rights Watch first warned about the problem after a trip to Libya six months ago. He took pictures of pickup truckloads of the missiles being carted off during another trip just a few weeks ago.

"I myself could have removed several hundred if I wanted to, and people can literally drive up with pickup trucks or even 18 wheelers and take away whatever they want," said Bouckaert, HRW's emergencies director.

:eek:

"Every time I arrive at one of these weapons facilities, the first thing we notice going missing is the surface-to-air missiles.

Nightmare in Libya: Thousands of Surface-to-Air Missiles Unaccounted For - ABC News

Yeah I was and still am, you seem to forget I don't suffer from the same selective partisan morality that you do. So when Republicans lie, cheat and steal it isn't less egregious in mu eyes than when Democrats do it, of course in the alternative reality that YOU seem to live in Democrats can do no wrong and Republicans can do no right and thus you consistently fool yourself into thinking two wrongs make a right arguments are valid.

It's a pretty safe bet that if a politician with a "D" behind his name started cutting the hearts from the breasts of small children on the White House lawn you'd fall all over yourself attempting to justify it. You should really think about that since your partisan vapor lock just blinds you from being able to discern fact from fiction and makes you appear the fool to onlookers that aren't afflicted by this limitation.

And I am sure you've started thread after thread about it right?

Lemme check.

What I am saying is that Obama isn't the wild eyed radical you folks made him out to be.

And it was conservatives that left him with both a huge mess..and an array of "interesting" new powers found in the AUMF and Patriot Act.

So unless you want to deal with that stuff..you are just spinning your wheels.

In other words, you believed in the hope and change being offered via lip service, but you're fine with the fact none of it is being delivered. You're just a hypocrite with standards that reach all of about 3 mm off the ground.

No worries. Again, I appreciate the admission that your team and your so called standards are on par with the conservatives you detest so much.

No deflection at all.

I dont have politicians, Shallow. But i aapreciate you admitting you are just like those you want to call out. You hated that Bush was involved in this type of stuff, but now that your man and team is doing it, it's compeltely acceptable. In fact, you want more of it.

You're a hypocrite, fella. But i'm glad to see you actually admit you're a hypocrite. It's the first step....

I didn't "hate" Bush..I thought he was extremely radical.

The Bush Doctrine was nuts..as was the patriot act.

I'd like to see the AUMF and the Patriot Act, repealed. I'd also like to see new rules governing diplomatic outposts..so that they aren't havens for covert operations.

I've been very consistent about those things.

You? Not so much.

Yeah I was and still am, you seem to forget I don't suffer from the same selective partisan morality that you do. So when Republicans lie, cheat and steal it isn't less egregious in mu eyes than when Democrats do it, of course in the alternative reality that YOU seem to live in Democrats can do no wrong and Republicans can do no right and thus you consistently fool yourself into thinking two wrongs make a right arguments are valid.

Lemme check.

Check away genius and then when you're done with that exercise check the date I first joined this board..... :popcorn:

You're so consistent you're in here defending Obama's administration pointed back to Bush, or Reagan.

As for my consistency, you're dead wrong. I'm not the one who take partisan sides on this stuff.

That would be you. But you know that. You know you're a hypocrite and I appreciate the admission.

how many ambassadors were killed in those "attacks" ??? hummmmm.., how many security personnel were killed ?????? hummmmmm.

you libertards just can not get your mind (?) off Bush, why is that ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemme check.

Check away genius and then when you're done with that exercise check the date I first joined this board..... :popcorn:

Well you started 2 threads..

Neither about Iraq.

But you made sure to diss the TSA.

Congrats!

In any case..it's been pointed out time and time again, diplomatic outposts suffered the same sort of attacks during the Bush administration. None of them came under the same scrutiny this one has come under. (psssstt, no one was killed !! :up:)

how many ambassadors were killed in those "attacks" ??? hummmmm.., how many security personnel were killed ?????? hummmmmm.

you libertards just can not get your mind (?) off Bush, why is that ?

Plenty.

Although..David Foy was not an ambassador...he was a diplomat.

Not like you'd care..

Forum List

Back