Two major scandals coming out of Benghazi now... and counting

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
So if I'm keeping score right, we now have two major scandals coming out of Benghazi, plus a minor one.

1.) Despite continuous and escalating attacks through the spring and summer of 2012, the Obama admin kept REDUCING the security at the compound, replacing American guards and troops with Libyan personnel (usually unarmed), and ignoring repeated pleas from Ambassador Stevens to build it up. When the attacks of Sept. 11, 2012 came, the terrorists found the place a pushover, and had no trouble breaking in and burning most of it down, killing four Americans. These reduction went on as Barack Obama was running for re-election and crowing that Al Qaeda was "decimated", "on the run", and basically defeated, to make him look like an effective commander-in chief even as Al Qaeda was preparing a killing blow against us.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/w...s-in-benghazi-attack.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2.) Recently we are hearing that the CIA was hard at work that summer in a nearby Annex building, collecting various weapons (including missiles) that had been used against ex-dictator Khaddafi, and sending them to the Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria for use against the Bashir Assad regime there.
CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked' - Telegraph

The minor scandal was blaming the attacks on a video - one of the clumsier PR moves by the Obama administration - and sticking to the lie for weeks even while everyone involved knew it was actually a long-planned terrorist attack, not a spontaneous protest by film critics. While a good indicator of the Obama administration's arrogance and contempt for their constitutents, this scandal is small change compared to the real problems described above.

Which major scandal was worse?

The jihadis stole our SAMs...
:eek:
Benghazi Was About 400 Surface-to-Air-Missiles Stolen by 'Some Very Ugly People,' DiGenova Says
August 13, 2013 -- Former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova, who now represents one of the Benghazi whistleblowers, told a Washington radio station Monday that the real scandal in Benghazi is the theft of 400 surface-to-air missiles by some "very ugly people." The Obama administration fears those missiles will be used to shoot down an airplane or blow up one of our embassies, he said.
Speaking to WMAL on Monday morning, DiGenova blasted President Obama for revealing, at his Friday news conference, the existence of a sealed indictment against a Benghazi suspect or suspects. Then DiGenova added this bombshell: "We had troops ready to deploy in Croatia to go (to Benghazi) that night of Sept. 11, 2012 to rescue Americans. We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned -- we have been told there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are on or about in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner."

DiGenvoa said the information came to him as a result of his legal representation of Benghazi whistleblower Mark Thompson. "This information comes from former intelligence officials who stay in constant contact with people in the special ops and intelligence community. And it is pretty clear that the biggest concern right now are the 400 missiles which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten into the hands of some very ugly people. And they worried specifically, according to theses sources, about an attempt to shoot down an airliner."

DiGenova says he doesn't know if the missiles were physically at the CIA annex on the night of Sept. 12 -- "but it is clear that the annex was somehow involved in the process of the distribution of those missiles." The CIA annex in Benghazi apparently was gathering the Libyan missiles to be sent to an unknown destination. Why did the Obama administration delay the entry of FBI investigators into Benghazi after four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, were killed that night? DiGenova was asked. "Because it happened before an election," he replied.

DiGenova said the theft of the missiles continues to have a ripple effect: "This is why we shut down the 19 embassies recently. They were afriad that there was going to be a missile attack on one of the embassies. Remember, you can take a shoulder held missile and shoot it into an embassy, not just into the sky. "What happened is, the reason they lied, about -- in other words, remember the famous demonstration, and the phony video and all of that? That's what this was all about. That's why they're so worried. That's why they have lied repeatedly about what happened in Benghazi. Because they are now responsible for all of the stepchildren of violence that happens as a result of this. This is a very serious manner. And when you compound it with the flippancy of the president of the United States who talks about a sealed indictment to cover his fanny -- to make it look like he's doing something when in fact he has done nothing -- we have reached a level of cynicism on the part of this president that is staggering." DiGenova says former U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice was sent out to lie on five Sunday talk shows, blaming the attack on an obscure anti-Muslim video, to cover up the real scandal involving the stolen missiles.

- See more at: Benghazi Was About 400 Surface-to-Air-Missiles Stolen by 'Some Very Ugly People,' DiGenova Says | CNS News

Seems there is lots more to Benghazi than just an attack and the deaths of four very good men.

To bad the families of those men can't sue the pants of Hillary, the State Department and the Obama administration.

Talk about a pack of incompetant boobs.

The scandals lie with the man himself. Obama. Nobody can possibly believe he played zero role in this. Its like getting pounded by bullies at school, and then lying that you fell down a flight of stairs in fear of retribution.

It's so painfully obvious, even a novice could see it.

Doherty did an interview with ABC news last August. He stated his mission as a contractor for the State Department was to hunt down weapons and destroy them. I alsways believed that apart from revenge for the Obama administration's drone killing of AQ#2 who was Libyan that the attack on the CIA annex was to prevent these men from doing their job.

I'm finding it really strange that this is being treated as "new". Now I realize this got buried as a the other shit was hitting the fan over Benghazi, but this was out there.

First coffee. Let me get that interview from my stack of stuff.

Here you go. This has been out there for a year.

Check the dates. And this link will take you to the original investigative report
READ: Nightmare in Libya: Thousands of Surface-to-Air Missiles Unaccounted For

Home> Investigative Unit
American Killed in Libya Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons
Sept. 13, 2012

Glen Doherty, Former Navy SEAL Killed in Libya, Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons - ABC News

ht_glen_doherty_training_2_ll_120913_wg.jpg

In an interview with ABC News last month, Glen Doherty, a 42-year-old former Navy SEAL who worked as a contractor with the State Department, said he personally went into the field to track down so-called MANPADS, shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles, and destroy them. After the fall of dictator Moammar Gadhafi, the State Department launched a mission to round up thousands of MANPADS that may have been looted from military installations across the country. U.S. officials previously told ABC News they were concerned the MANPADS could fall into the hands of terrorists, creating a threat to commercial airliners.

So if I'm keeping score right, we now have two major scandals coming out of Benghazi, plus a minor one.

1.) Despite continuous and escalating attacks through the spring and summer of 2012, the Obama admin kept REDUCING the security at the compound, replacing American guards and troops with Libyan personnel (usually unarmed), and ignoring repeated pleas from Ambassador Stevens to build it up. When the attacks of Sept. 11, 2012 came, the terrorists found the place a pushover, and had no trouble breaking in and burning most of it down, killing four Americans. These reduction went on as Barack Obama was running for re-election and crowing that Al Qaeda was "decimated", "on the run", and basically defeated, to make him look like an effective commander-in chief even as Al Qaeda was preparing a killing blow against us.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/w...s-in-benghazi-attack.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2.) Recently we are hearing that the CIA was hard at work that summer in a nearby Annex building, collecting various weapons (including missiles) that had been used against ex-dictator Khaddafi, and sending them to the Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria for use against the Bashir Assad regime there.
CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked' - Telegraph

The minor scandal was blaming the attacks on a video - one of the clumsier PR moves by the Obama administration - and sticking to the lie for weeks even while everyone involved knew it was actually a long-planned terrorist attack, not a spontaneous protest by film critics. While a good indicator of the Obama administration's arrogance and contempt for their constitutents, this scandal is small change compared to the real problems described above.

They are all part of the same story. It comes together to spell Incredible Incompetence.

I don't know how you figure a deliberate attempt to hide the truth from the American Public a "minor scandal" , after all the "cover-up" was what brought the Nixon Administration down. I guess it's just a reflection of how far the American Citizenry has fallen, we essentially just shrug it off when those that are supposed to be our servants in Government tell us bald face lies in order to attempt to hide how their incompetence was responsible for the deaths of 4 American Citizens. :cool:

Check the dates. And this link will take you to the original investigative report

Home> Investigative Unit
Sept. 13, 2012

Glen Doherty, Former Navy SEAL Killed in Libya, Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons - ABC News

In an interview with ABC News last month, Glen Doherty, a 42-year-old former Navy SEAL who worked as a contractor with the State Department, said he personally went into the field to track down so-called MANPADS, shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles, and destroy them. After the fall of dictator Moammar Gadhafi, the State Department launched a mission to round up thousands of MANPADS that may have been looted from military installations across the country. U.S. officials previously told ABC News they were concerned the MANPADS could fall into the hands of terrorists, creating a threat to commercial airliners.

Ah..so he was spying?

:doubt:

I don't know how you figure a deliberate attempt to hide the truth from the American Public a "minor scandal" , after all the "cover-up" was what brought the Nixon Administration down. I guess it's just a reflection of how far the American Citizenry has fallen, we essentially just shrug it off when those that are supposed to be our servants in Government tell us bald face lies in order to attempt to hide how their incompetence was responsible for the deaths of 4 American Citizens. :cool:

I am sure you are just as angry at the Bush administration for telling bald face lies that led to the deaths of 4000 Americans and countless Iraqis..right?

Shouldn't you folks be calling for the trials or at least investigations of that?

Oh wait..

You're not.

Nor will you ever..

Home> Investigative Unit
Sept. 13, 2012

Ah..so he was spying?

He was on a search and destroy mission.

Hundreds of missing surface to air missles falling into AQ's hands should have everyone in the administration running for Immodium AD.

Home> Investigative Unit
Sept. 13, 2012

Ah..so he was spying?

He was on a search and destroy mission.

Hundreds of missing surface to air missles falling into AQ's hands should have everyone in the administration running for Immodium AD.

Yep.

Spying.

You do know that's illegal, right?

Doherty did an interview with ABC news last August. He stated his mission as a contractor for the State Department was to hunt down weapons and destroy them. I alsways believed that apart from revenge for the Obama administration's drone killing of AQ#2 who was Libyan that the attack on the CIA annex was to prevent these men from doing their job.

I'm finding it really strange that this is being treated as "new". Now I realize this got buried as a the other shit was hitting the fan over Benghazi, but this was out there.

First coffee. Let me get that interview from my stack of stuff.

Was he the one that said they were destroying them by hitting them with a hammer?

I was going to comment on that yesterday but the poster was someone I respect and I was afraid I'd be taken the wrong way.

Now, I'm not a demo man or an (Army) Engineer, but I have been known to blow a few things up in my day.

And I know enough that you don't go around hitting High Explosives with a hammer. :cuckoo:

There was this one time when we had a shitload of old 3.5" Rocket Launcher Rounds that were going bad and the CO caught me in a "Hey, You!!" and.....

:)

When all the idiot world leaders were cheering Gadhafi's demise, some how the morons forgot that Ghadhafi had a large stash of weapons that apres his removal AQ could have access to.

Whoopsies. Freaking idiots. This was out there last year. I still can't believe the stupidity.

The White House announced today it planned to expand a program to secure and destroy Libya's huge stockpile of dangerous surface-to-air missiles, following an ABC News report that large numbers of them continue to be stolen from unguarded military warehouses.

Currently the U.S. State Department has one official on the ground in Libya, as well as five contractors who specialize in "explosive ordinance disposal", all working with the rebel Transitional National Council to find the looted missiles, White House spokesperson Jay Carney told reporters.

"We expect to deploy additional personnel to assist the TNC as they expand efforts to secure conventional arms storage sites," Carney said. "We're obviously at a governmental level -- both State Department and at the U.N. and elsewhere -- working with the TNC on this."

ABC News reported today U.S. officials and security experts were concerned some of the thousands of heat-seeking missiles could easily end up in the hands of al Qaeda or other terrorists groups, creating a threat to commercial airliners.

"Matching up a terrorist with a shoulder-fired missile, that's our worst nightmare," said Sen. Barbara Boxer, D.-California, a member of the Senate's Commerce, Energy and Transportation Committee.

Though Libya had an estimated 20,000 man-portable surface-to-air missiles before the popular uprising began in February, Assistant Secretary of State Andrew Shapiro told ABC News today the government does not have a clear picture of how many missiles they're trying to track down.

Nightmare in Libya: Thousands of Surface-to-Air Missiles Unaccounted For - ABC News

I am sure you are just as angry at the Bush administration for telling bald face lies that led to the deaths of 4000 Americans and countless Iraqis..right?

Shouldn't you folks be calling for the trials or at least investigations of that?

Oh wait..

You're not.

Nor will you ever..

All ways back to Booooooosh, what a bunch of cry babies you libtards are. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BUSH!

Forum List

Back