Two Life Sentences Plus 40 Years

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I don't believe in the legalization of drugs, and I can see shutting down the website, but THIS is outrageous:

Ross Ulbricht is a first-time offender serving two life sentences without parole + 40 years for all non-violent charges associated with creating the Silk Road website. Passionate about free markets and privacy, he was 26 when he made the site. He was never prosecuted for causing harm or bodily injury and no victim was named at trial.

Silk Road was an online marketplace with an emphasis on user privacy. Using the cryptocurrency Bitcoin on the Tor browser, consenting people chose to anonymously exchange a variety of goods, both legal and illegal, including drugs (most commonly small amounts of cannabis). Prohibited was anything involuntary that created victims or used force.

Ross was not accused of selling drugs or illegal items himself, nor did he launder money or hack computers, but was held responsible for what others sold on the site.

Ross Ulbricht — First-time, Nonviolent Offender

Silk_Road_defendants_sentencing_disparity_square_2019_NEW-980x977.jpeg

Good now we need to start putting violent firearm using criminals in jail too, Seems democrats in the democrat cities have judges that just let REPEAT offenders go or give them 6 months.

To me, if people didn't mess with drugs in the first place, they wouldn't have such a thing to worry about.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't believe in the legalization of drugs, and I can see shutting down the website, but THIS is outrageous:

Ross Ulbricht is a first-time offender serving two life sentences without parole + 40 years for all non-violent charges associated with creating the Silk Road website. Passionate about free markets and privacy, he was 26 when he made the site. He was never prosecuted for causing harm or bodily injury and no victim was named at trial.

Silk Road was an online marketplace with an emphasis on user privacy. Using the cryptocurrency Bitcoin on the Tor browser, consenting people chose to anonymously exchange a variety of goods, both legal and illegal, including drugs (most commonly small amounts of cannabis). Prohibited was anything involuntary that created victims or used force.

Ross was not accused of selling drugs or illegal items himself, nor did he launder money or hack computers, but was held responsible for what others sold on the site.

Hard to believe

Those responsible for crashing our economy never spent a day in jail

And yet Hillary Clinton still walks a free woman.

I'm not a libertarian, but what this kid did was create a PLATFORM for the free exchange of goods and services. Murderers and rapists get far less time, and some, none at all (Bill and Hillary)

I'm not a libertarian, but what this kid did was create a PLATFORM for the free exchange of goods and services. Murderers and rapists get far less time, and some, none at all (Bill and Hillary)

It's apparently a big NO NO to do anything that Big Brother cannot watch and see what you do 24/7.

Apparently the man wanted to be a major internet player in the drug world which is responsible for the deaths of scores of people in the U.S.

He was made an example of. For those willing to undercut the powers that be...

To me, if people didn't mess with drugs in the first place, they wouldn't have such a thing to worry about.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You didn't read the article.
Thank you for making me go back! I just now saw what it is that I over looked!

God bless you and the guy always!!!

Holly

P.S. Whoever decided on his punishment, I can only imagine what the Lord could have in store for them.

Forum List

Back