Two indicators that Obama may have 2012 in the bag

Nice deflection. You said he enabled Marxism. That presumes the Nazis would have conquered Moscow and Stalingrad, and the Russians wouldn't have overrun Eastern Europe to create client states as buffers against German invasions which killed millions of Russians, and Mao wouldn't have overrun China.

By your logic, Reagan enabled 9/11 because he funded the Islamists in Afghanistan.

If you had been paying attention, which I'm guess you're not when I'm not mocking your magic-underwear clad hero, I've said a bunch of times that funding the Islamists in Afghanistan was a horrible idea, and we paid a dear price for it in 2001.

I would have had no problem if the Soviets turned Afghanistan into a roach motel for Islamists. But we enabled Islamists to beat Marxists, we enabled Marxists to defeat Fascists, and we enabled Fascists to depose Autocrats. Maybe we need to give up on this meddling on other people's problems thing, we kind of suck at it.

No, that persumes that Russia was really trying to create "buffer states". They weren't they were after territory. And FDR sold out those Eastern Europeans at Yalta. Those weren't buffer states, they were nations with cultures and identies that didn't want Soviet dominatoin any more than German domination.

Again, if Hitler and Stalin bled each other white, why would that be our problem, again. Hitler was not going to overrun 11 time zones of Russia. If the war had gone on long enough, both sides would have eventually exhausted themselves. We turned the tide in Stalin's favor. Now he and Hitler were equally evil, to be sure. We picked one evil over another, and got 40 years of Cold War.

We can also talk about how the OSS worked with Mao during the War, even though Chiang-Kai-Shek warned us he was bad news. But I digress a bit. We could talk about how we dismantled our military immediately after the war, when Patton and the other generals warned us not to. (Although you could put that more on Truman than FDR, but he listed to FDR's folks.)

One thing you learn from history is that winning the peace is usually the hard part.

Forum List

Back