Two generation Z teens (17) and a rotary phone.

Another advantage of an older movie?

This guy gets the girl...

hqdefault.jpg

bogie-drinking-casablanca-1942-2016-david-lee-guss.jpg

deskset1957.72868_091820150207.jpg
I worked with this white guy that was a biker and he had a lot of old Black movies with Lena Horne in them. Stormy Weather was one he made me watch.

p7026_v_v8_aa.jpg

As far as the rotary phone they didn't miss anything they sucked..
I thought they were pretty interesting. I remember playing with one my grandma had. I knew it was a phone but couldnt figure out how it worked.
It was hard to make a phone call and keep it a secret since the rotary action made a noise so no late night phone calls to a girl..

I thought they were pretty interesting. I remember playing with one my grandma had. I knew it was a phone but couldnt figure out how it worked.
It was hard to make a phone call and keep it a secret since the rotary action made a noise so no late night phone calls to a girl..
Thats messed up. No booty calls eh?

Thats messed up. No booty calls eh?
Not if the popper stoppers(parents) were in the house..

More proof that it is over. We are pretty much done as a species.

That's an interesting experiment but to be fair there's no reason they really should have picked up right away what we learned as children because it was common then. The rotary dial is a technology invented for that purpose; it really doesn't resemble anything else. A learning curve like anything else.

I dont get it??

It's only one of the most iconic images of the 20th Century.
That movie was made before I was born. :laugh:

To be fair, most movies worth seeing were made before you were born.
Gotta disagree. Most old movies suck major ass. The special effects back then are embarrassing. :laugh:

Actually, many older movies have superlative special effects, done pre-CGI with stop motion, matte projection, rotoscope, double exposure, and many other artistic techniques that have sadly faded into obscurity.

Many other movies worth seeing were not about massive CGI fight scenes that last for a third of the movie. They were about story, dialogue, pathos, and emotion.

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951 -- not the insipid remake).
"Forbidden Planet" (1956)
"Them" (1954)
"Invasion of the Body Snatcher" (1956)
"2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968)
"Star

It's only one of the most iconic images of the 20th Century.

Yeah I don't know what that is either. :dunno:
Yeah, we know.

A son is his mid-20s now and some others got invited to a long weekend at a friend’s vacation home back when they were in grade school. Just the dad was going along with them and when I saw him afterwards and asked how it went with 4-5 kids to keep an eye on he said all went well, but then related his telephone story. Upon arrival he told the boys to call home to let their parents know they’d arrived safe and sound. Later when he inquired if they’d made their calls two of the boys said they hadn’t because the rotary-dial phone was a complete mystery to them.

Forum List

Back