Two examples show NRC review panel was stacked, except for a “token” skeptic

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Two separate examples show 2007 NRC review panel was stacked, except for a “token” skeptic ...

Two separate examples show 2007 NRC review panel was stacked, except for a “token” skeptic and worked to supress dissenting science

This is pretty ugly. In 2007 the NRC was setup to review the state of climate science. The usual players were involved. Today we have two separate examples of inappropriate behavior designed to squash any scientific dissent.

First from Dr. Roger Pielke Sr. in this essay:

https://pielkeclimatesci.wordpress....behavior-by-the-us-national-research-council/

Excerpt:

date: Mon Feb 28 08:58:57 2005

subject: Re: CCSP report review period
to: Ben Santer <REDACTED>

Ben,

Good to see you if briefly last Wednesday ! The rest of the meeting was rather odd. Some very odd things said by a few people – clearly irked by not having got a couple of proposals recently ! I’m not supposed to be contacting you ! I would urge you to write up what you presented on the day and in the report. It was the most convincing presentation and chapter of the report. You should have less to do than the other chapters. Not yet sure how the summary will fare.
We didn’t discuss the email evidence (as you put it) nor Pielke’s dissent. We shouldn’t and we won’t if the NRC people have their way.

I was never really sure what the point of the review was.

Cheers

Phil

This is a remarkable e-mail since it indicates that the NRC was in collusion with Phil Jones to suppress issues that I brought up as lead author on the CCSP chapter 6. Chapter 6 was tasked to focus on what further research issues need to be explored to reconcile surface and tropospheric temperature trends. Chapter 6, as it was on August 11 2005, is given in Appendix B of my Public Comment.

The e-mail also documents an inappropriate communication between a member of the CCSP committee (Ben Santer) and a member of the NRC review committee (Phil Jones).

That’s email 3614.txt which you can read here

=============================================================

Next we have this new essay from Steve Milloy

Climategate 2.0: Shocker

The panel is solid. Gerry North should do a good job in chairing this, and the other members are all solid. Chris[t]y is the token skeptic, but there are many others to keep him in check:

That’s email 4498.txt which you can read here

Forum List

Back