Two Die in Afghan Raid to Free Seized Reporter

terrible waste of a good soldier.

Why?

Because they were trying to save a civilian hostage?

Do you think that the enemy should just be able to take civilians hostage and we just throw our hands in the air and say" "OH WELL!"?

If you do, then you are siding with the enemy.

already told you why and you telling me what or who I am siding with is not gonna wash codsack.

Because I am not a soldier or associated with the military, I cannot specifically comment on what the policy should be regarding soldiers trying to free civilian hostages...but I have my opinion.

However, Willow's opinion is baffling and highly disturbing. Therefore I ask...

Which of the following civilian hostages should the American military, through the use of soldiers, attempt to save?

A. A NYT Reporter
B. A Fox News Reporter
C. A Sports Illustrated Reporter
D. A volunteer doctor/nurse
E. Red Cross volunteer
F. Red Crescent volunteer
G. An American college student who gets captured while hiking
H. A 3 year old Afghan-American child, born and raised in America, who is kidnapped by his father, brought to Afghanistan and held hostage with the Taliban.

(Assume in each case that it was determined that the likelihood of success in freeing the hostages was determined to be higher than the likelihood of failure or death.)

Your answer should either be ALL OF THE ABOVE or NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Last edited:
Because I am not a soldier or associated with the military, I cannot specifically comment on what the policy should be regarding soldiers trying to free civilian hostages...but I have my opinion.

However, Willow's opinion is baffling and highly disturbing. Therefore I ask...

Which of the following civilian hostages should the American military, through the use of soldiers, attempt to save?

A. A NYT Reporter
B. A Fox News Reporter
C. A volunteer doctor/nurse
D. Red Cross volunteer
E. Red Crescent volunteer
F. An American college student who gets captured while hiking
G. A 3 year old Afghan-American child, born and raised in America, who is kidnapped by his father, brought to Afghanistan and held hostage with the Taliban.

(Assume in each case that it was determined that the likelihood of success in freeing the hostages was determined to be higher than the likelihood of failure or death.)

Your answer should either be ALL OF THE ABOVE or NONE OF THE ABOVE.
When my father was a soldier the answer was all of the above. My how times have changed. It appears in Willow's world soldiers fight only for each other. How strange democracy has become.

I'll take a live soldier every single time. Reporters don't have to put themselves and the soldiers in danger. It's all about money for them. And you should be ashamed that you put money before soldiers too. but that's a liberal for ya.

I'll take a live soldier every single time. Reporters don't have to put themselves and the soldiers in danger. It's all about money for them. And you should be ashamed that you put money before soldiers too. but that's a liberal for ya.

You didn't answer my question.

And, you falsely assumed my opinions.

you have clearly voted that the soldier should die so that the reporter can make his money. what a terrible waste of a good soldier.

you have clearly voted that the soldier should die so that the reporter can make his money. what a terrible waste of a good soldier.

Actually, the powers-that-be voted that the soldier should die so Obama can grandstand for the War Party.

No. I voted that, if feasible, soldiers should save civilian hostages.

I don't think that reporters should go into dangerous places, and they should be encourage not to go.

If a woman who is in an abusive relationship decides to go back home to her husband, even though she is warned that she shouldn't go...when trouble starts again, would you say that the police just throw their hands up in the air and say "We told you so! You got yourself into this mess, you get yourself out."

I don't think that reporters should go into dangerous places, and they should be encourage not to go.

If a woman who is in an abusive relationship decides to go back home to her husband, even though she is warned that she shouldn't go...when trouble starts again, would you say that the police just throw their hands up in the air and say "We told you so! You got yourself into this mess, you get yourself out."

backpedaling is good exercise.. as is building strawmen.

In the good old days, just a passing mention would have been made of the successful operation to rescue that guy.

The whole article would have been about how Bush's failed war killed more people. etc etc.

And yet you don't say this for any other entrepreneur that's over there.

KABUL — British commandos freed a New York Times reporter early Wednesday from Taliban captors who kidnapped him over the weekend in northern Afghanistan, but one of the troops and a Times translator were killed in the rescue.

Reporter Stephen Farrell was taken hostage along with his translator in the northern province of Kunduz on Saturday. German commanders had ordered U.S. jets to drop bombs on two hijacked fuel tankers, causing a number of civilian casualties, and reporters traveled to the area to cover the story.

Two military officials told The Associated Press that one British commando died during the early morning raid. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the death had not been officially announced.

Two Die in Afghan Raid to Free Seized Reporter - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

no way should a soldier have to risk and lose his life to save a NYT reporter. I'm sorry for your loss Britain.

a sad loss,

how about a rescue effort for a fox news reporter?

anybody but a NYT reporter.

By that comment you just spit on the brave soldiers who are over there or getting ready to go over there Willow.

SHAME ON YOU!

no I didn't,, those brave soldiers aren't over there to provide security for reporters. that reporter caused their deaths. just like those two reporters we drug outta North Korea.. all the people they interview and were on their confiscated video material have probably long since faced the firing squad.

what was your opinion regarding the invasion of grenada where American servicemembers risked their lives and some died rescuing med students who went to that island for cheaper medical training?

What I am saying is it's a soldier's job to defend the lives of his nation's civilians, or his allies in this case.

And you know what you implied is that you'd expect them to save anyone else but if it happens to be a New York Times reporter that person isn't worth a mission. Should I speculate on why you are making an exception for a NYT reporter?

don't speculate. I'll tell you. The NYT isn't known for being pro soldier.. A lot of negativity from the NYT about American's finest.. Remember GENERAL BETRAYUS?

Oh, and check this shit out.

The Times kept the kidnappings quiet out of concern for the men's safety, and other media outlets, including The Associated Press, did not report the abductions following a request from the Times.

The AP did not report the abductions following a request from the TImes.. Is that the same AP who published the picture of the dead soldier? against the wishes of his family?? Pretty much spitting in the eye of the family of the dead soldier? Why yes I think it is.. I thought the public had a right to know? We can scream HYPOCRITE NOW.

Interesting how Willow follows the progression from A to B to Petunias. :cuckoo:

If that woman is a reporter, Willow wouldn't have a problem with it.

KABUL — British commandos freed a New York Times reporter early Wednesday from Taliban captors who kidnapped him over the weekend in northern Afghanistan, but one of the troops and a Times translator were killed in the rescue.

Reporter Stephen Farrell was taken hostage along with his translator in the northern province of Kunduz on Saturday. German commanders had ordered U.S. jets to drop bombs on two hijacked fuel tankers, causing a number of civilian casualties, and reporters traveled to the area to cover the story.

Two military officials told The Associated Press that one British commando died during the early morning raid. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the death had not been officially announced.

Two Die in Afghan Raid to Free Seized Reporter - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

no way should a soldier have to risk and lose his life to save a NYT reporter. I'm sorry for your loss Britain.

a sad loss,

C'mon now...be realistic! They stay safe at home.

don't speculate. I'll tell you. The NYT isn't known for being pro soldier.. A lot of negativity from the NYT about American's finest.. Remember GENERAL BETRAYUS?

Interesting how Willow follows the progression from A to B to Petunias. :cuckoo:

Oh...I guess I missed her point.

NYT referred to General Petraeus as General BETRAYUS???

Based on that, we should have left the NYT journalist to be decapitated.

FUCK HIM!

a sad loss,

my opinion would be no different. why would you think so?

Oh...I guess I missed her point.

NYT referred to General Petraeus as General BETRAYUS???

Based on that, we should have left the NYT journalist to be decapitated.

FUCK HIM!

oh I get it, since it is one of your beloved NYT reporters it's okay to sacrifice a soldier. shame on you.

Forum List

Back