Two Corvette Engineers Arrested For Street Racing in the new C8

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
120 mph in a 45 mph zone. Way to screw up a dream job. They're cray cray.

upscaledc8-768x373.png

The worst bit is this line from the citation: "The odor of an alcoholic beverage was present on the breath of the operator. PBT detected presence of alcohol." The trooper didn't include names, but none of the three engineers were reportedly charged with driving under the influence.

Thim and Derkat were booked and released on $1,000 bail, and will need to deal with a pretrial conference on February 18. The cars were confiscated, towing services hauling them to an impound lot where a representative retrieved them the following day. When Automobile asked GM for comment, the automaker responded, "We are aware of an incident involving our test vehicles and are currently investigating. Safety remains our overriding priority at General Motors. We have no further comment at this time."

Two links...

Kentucky police arrest GM engineers street racing C8 Chevy Corvettes

Cops Nab 2 GM Engineers Driving 100+ MPH In Chevy Corvettes

I feel that I have to respect their passion for their work. Engineers stealing prototypes to street race them?

THat is something you see in a movie, not real life.

I'm glad no one was hurt.

I feel that I have to respect their passion for their work. Engineers stealing prototypes to street race them?

THat is something you see in a movie, not real life.

I'm glad no one was hurt.

They didn't steal them, but the potential for someone to get hurt or killed was certainly there...

bg_race_9adf9d5144f887bb6b943b17a983edc4dc708a6c.jpg

upscaledc8-768x373.png

The worst bit is this line from the citation: "The odor of an alcoholic beverage was present on the breath of the operator. PBT detected presence of alcohol." The trooper didn't include names, but none of the three engineers were reportedly charged with driving under the influence.

Thim and Derkat were booked and released on $1,000 bail, and will need to deal with a pretrial conference on February 18. The cars were confiscated, towing services hauling them to an impound lot where a representative retrieved them the following day. When Automobile asked GM for comment, the automaker responded, "We are aware of an incident involving our test vehicles and are currently investigating. Safety remains our overriding priority at General Motors. We have no further comment at this time."

Two links...

Reckless driving is worse than DUI. Bummer. How many points till license gets banned in KY?
Its 4 in CA.

upscaledc8-768x373.png

Two links...

I once went 95 mph in a 25 mile zone heading straight into a line of parked cars to get around a long line of slow traffic I was behind. It wasn't a corvette, just a car I built my own engine for. Fortunately I timed it just right, I got ahead of the lead car and was able to pull over in front of him about 20 feet (or less?) short of the first parked car as there would have been no stopping. In hindsight, I guess that was pretty reckless, but I was a really good driver and I knew my car, not that I'd ever do it now. And no, the police never caught me. :D

I once went 95 mph in a 25 mile zone heading straight into a line of parked cars to get around a long line of slow traffic I was behind. It wasn't a corvette, just a car I built my own engine for. Fortunately I timed it just right, I got ahead of the lead car and was able to pull over in front of him about 20 feet (or less?) short of the first parked car as there would have been no stopping. In hindsight, I guess that was pretty reckless, but I was a really good driver and I knew my car, not that I'd ever do it now. And no, the police never caught me. :D

Hey, my name's muffin I dunno nuffin.

Shhh-500x500.jpg

Massive free publicity for GM. GM's attorneys will get the charges reduced to parking tickets.

Reckless driving is worse than DUI. Bummer. How many points till license gets banned in KY?
Its 4 in CA.

Well, they'd just left the bar but apparently no DUI charge. Their career is over, though. Dumb move.

upscaledc8-768x373.png

Two links...

/—-/ And more free publicity for the Corvette.

Forum List

Back