Two Chinese diplomats expelled from US after entering military base: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The peaceful capitalists from China.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/two-c...-from-us-after-entering-military-base-report/

Two Chinese diplomats have been secretly kicked out of the US after driving onto a sensitive military base in Virginia — the first such expulsions in more than 30 years, according to a report Sunday.

The Chinese Embassy officials were stopped in September at a base in Norfolk that is home to Special Operations forces — after they were chased by military personnel, according to The New York Times.

At least one is believed to be an intelligence officer operating under diplomatic cover, The Times said, citing six people with knowledge of the expulsions.

The officials had been with their wives when they drove up to a checkpoint at the base, and were only allowed in to make a U-turn to immediately leave again, the report said.

They instead continued driving into the base, evading military personnel — and only stopping when they were blocked by fire trucks, the paper said.

They were only captured after a fire truck on base blocked their escape path.

But as Uncle Joe says, China is no threat.

You ever see how Chinese people Drive. They "never" Know where they are going! I wonder how you say make a U ey in Mandarin. :slap:

This is a weird one ... there is absolutely zero intelligence value in running the gates with your wife in tow.

Having no actual facts on which to base a theory, I would suggest that if they were stopped, entitled diplomats may have taken exception to being told what to do by the Marines and decided, in a fit of entitlement, to just drive ahead claiming diplomatic immunity when stopped.

In New York, foreign diplomats owe $20,000,000 in parking fines. In London, that number is a whopping $135,000,000. Even in Australia, small as it is, diplomats own half a million in unpaid parking fines.

Diplomats don't like being told what to do by police and security.

This is a weird one ... there is absolutely zero intelligence value in running the gates with your wife in tow.

Having no actual facts on which to base a theory, I would suggest that if they were stopped, entitled diplomats may have taken exception to being told what to do by the Marines and decided, in a fit of entitlement, to just drive ahead claiming diplomatic immunity when stopped.

In New York, foreign diplomats owe $20,000,000 in parking fines. In London, that number is a whopping $135,000,000. Even in Australia, small as it is, diplomats own half a million in unpaid parking fines.

Diplomats don't like being told what to do by police and security.

May be.

Considering this was from September and the U.S are negotiating a major trade deal, it would serve all involved if the U.S just accepted that theory as an overzealous soldier and a dirty, self important Commie.

However, one has to think they looked at video, did an investigation and determined there was something not right about it all. I will concede, the intel value and tactic doesn't seem normal, for all we know that my be the point.

Also, who is to know if there was a particular sliver of information they were looking for that the U.S might be working on and the Commies were tipped off? Whether to confirm a particular piece of information, or, even just to see just how much a Diplomat will be allowed to get away with. Lord knows the Chinese aren't shy about taking a mile from every inch the West gives them.

Ultimately, it's an extreme response to this, so there has to be at least some smoke I would think. It's the first time in 30 years and at a particular sensitive time.

Last edited:
Spies don't usually crash gates and get into chases by M.P.'s. My guess is that the Chinese diplomats were lost.
Lost people don’t runaway from cars with sirens chasing them.

You do when you're a spy! They got lost trying to make that Hard left U. And decided to go around the block. They didn't crash the gate the Security detail opened the gate and told them to make a U turn. I"d be pretty secure in the thought that theirs wasn't the only vehicle in line. They figured Security wouldn't Notice and took the chance to infiltrate. Probably watched for weeks or months to see what the Procedural flaws were. Close the Chinese Embassy and send them all packing ! Anyone find it ironic this Infiltration attempt took place in proximity to China trade deal announcement. They got the "go" knowing the Diplomatic fall out could be minimized with Trade deal agreement. Calculated Espionage ! Nothing less!:safetocomeoutff:

Spies don't usually crash gates and get into chases by M.P.'s. My guess is that the Chinese diplomats were lost.
Lost people don’t runaway from cars with sirens chasing them.

You do when you're a spy! They got lost trying to make that Hard left U. And decided to go around the block. They didn't crash the gate the Security detail opened the gate and told them to make a U turn. I"d be pretty secure in the thought that theirs wasn't the only vehicle in line. They figured Security wouldn't Notice and took the chance to infiltrate. Probably watched for weeks or months to see what the Procedural flaws were. Close the Chinese Embassy and send them all packing ! Anyone find it ironic this Infiltration attempt took place in proximity to China trade deal announcement. They got the "go" knowing the Diplomatic fall out could be minimized with Trade deal agreement. Calculated Espionage ! Nothing less!:safetocomeoutff:
How do you translate "U Turn" into simple Chinese? What could they possibly gain from disregarding the M.P.'s instructions? Everything is political. Perhaps China misinterpreted the liberal media and thought they could gain some political momentum in the trade wars by portraying themselves as victims of the cruel Trump administration.

New Topics

Forum List

Back