Two Century Old Beer Recreated by Australian Scientists

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
4BCC0DD100000578-0-image-a-5_1525335378586.jpg

They're thinking of selling it commercially. I wonder how many Aussies will buy it.

World's oldest surviving beer is brought back to life: Scientists brew an ancient ale with 'hints of blackcurrant and spices' using yeast recovered from 1797 shipwreck

Beer bottles on board an 18th century ship spent two centuries underwater

After being salvaged in the 90s, the beer has now been recreated by scientists

Called 'The Wreck - Preservation Ale'. it is said to have 'hints of blackcurrant'

Originally lost in the 1797 shipwreck, the beer will go on sale later this month

Read more: Scientists brew ancient beer with yeast from an Australian shipwreck | Daily Mail Online

4BCC0DD100000578-0-image-a-5_1525335378586.jpg

They're thinking of selling it commercially. I wonder how many Aussies will buy it.

World's oldest surviving beer is brought back to life: Scientists brew an ancient ale with 'hints of blackcurrant and spices' using yeast recovered from 1797 shipwreck

Beer bottles on board an 18th century ship spent two centuries underwater

After being salvaged in the 90s, the beer has now been recreated by scientists

Called 'The Wreck - Preservation Ale'. it is said to have 'hints of blackcurrant'

Originally lost in the 1797 shipwreck, the beer will go on sale later this month

Read more: Scientists brew ancient beer with yeast from an Australian shipwreck | Daily Mail Online

There are a few people doing this sort of thing. I have tried the Midas Touch beer and it is quite good.

"This was the first beer in our Ancient Ales series.

This sweet yet dry beer is made with ingredients found in 2,700-year-old drinking vessels from the tomb of King Midas. Somewhere between beer, wine and mead, Midas will please the chardonnay and beer drinker alike.

For years, Dogfish Head has worked with biomolecular archaeologist Dr. Patrick McGovern to bring Ancient Ales to life. For more on Midas Touch and the experience of Penn Museum excavators as they uncovered the tomb of the legendary King Midas, read this essay from Dr. Pat."

Midas Touch

Midas Touch

Forum List

Back