Two big Premier League clubs up for sale - US owners cashing out ?

Manchester Utd and Liverpool are both on the market and both being sold off by their American owners.

Are they getting out at the top of the market ?

Or are the Americans no longer able to compete with the Arab money now flooding into the game ?

The Glazers are rightly despised in Manchester but the FSG were generally popular on Merseyside. Both have sporting interests in the US.

The top club in the UK is Manchester City and their oil money owners have bottomless pockets. Newcastle United have just been bought by the saudi govt as well. Neither club can stand much scrutiny.

American owners buy clubs to extract money not pump it into the club. they wont go into spending wars with rich arabs.

An exception to this might be the character who bought Chelsea. Ted Boehly is throwing money around like a lottery winner to absolutely no effect.

I would not be sorry to see the bottom fall out of the football market.
The game is bloated and corrupt beyond measure. It needs bringing back to earth.
Football is just all about money. The bright ones are the players, I mean, which idiot wouldn't take millions in wages when offered. The idiots are those daft enough to fund the game by buying the tickets, club shirts, Sky Sports subscription etc..

I am looking at it from a fan perspective. Fans are the game and their loyalty is being exploited by these arseholes. They add nothing to the game.
The problem with UK football, it's just all about money. How many players in the big clubs are British? I believe one match, Chelsea and whoever, not one player was British.

Fans? A descriptive word for those stupid enough to pay a fortune to watch drama queens.

Too bad your days of glory didn't include dentistry.

That's rich, considering educated adults know you'd be speaking German if we hadn't saved your limey asses in WWII.
You picked the two worst examples to try and bolster your position .
1 . Recent research apparently shows that new Team GB has some of the best teeth on average .
US has poisoned itself probably due to all the processed toxins you gulp down in your quest for early death
2 The US built up Nazi Germany --- start with J P Morgan and Ford .
You then entered the war after Russia and Team GB had made the big sacrifices and then we walked you safely to Berlin .

Get out of ex Hollywood and join us in the real world .
I gather we are training most of the ex NATO mercenaries for their ritual slaughter in Khazaria because the US training standards are so low and because US results show no wins .

You picked the two worst examples to try and bolster your position .
1 . Recent research apparently shows that new Team GB has some of the best teeth on average .
US has poisoned itself probably due to all the processed toxins you gulp down in your quest for early death
2 The US built up Nazi Germany --- start with J P Morgan and Ford .
You then entered the war after Russia and Team GB had made the big sacrifices and then we walked you safely to Berlin .

Get out of ex Hollywood and join us in the real world .
I gather we are training most of the ex NATO mercenaries for their ritual slaughter in Khazaria because the US training standards are so low and because US results show no wins .
I stand by my post. The English are historically known for shitty teeth, and we did save your collective asses in WWII, regardless of some US businesses working with Germany pre-war.

Forum List

Back