TWO bald face OBAMA LIES!

I personally have never known anyone who did.....not saying it cant happen...but I have to believe you open yourself up to an audit if you do.

My daughter does, every year. She has one child, claims head of household, makes approximately $35,000 per year and always gets a refund of around 4,000-5,000 dollars. It's the Earned Income Tax Credit. The federal government pays her.

Yes...I can see that.
Question...how would you feel if your daughter lost that?

It would make me sad, she always needs that $ however, it gives her little incentive to improve herself to get in a better tax bracket.

Here's a Yahoo thread (all I could find quickly) that tells how it's done. Tax refund for dependents? More than you pay? - Yahoo! Answers

^Step away from your liberal MSM, you're scaring me. You are the one that is wrong, you can get back a lot more than you paid in.

I personally have never known anyone who did.....not saying it cant happen...but I have to believe you open yourself up to an audit if you do.

My daughter does, every year. She has one child, claims head of household, makes approximately $35,000 per year and always gets a refund of around 4,000-5,000 dollars. It's the Earned Income Tax Credit. The federal government pays her.

While she might get back more than she pays, the size of her refund isn't a reflection of her tax bill, it's more a reflection of how much she overpaid during the year.

The actual federal income taxes owed before the EITC, presuming no deductions, would be about $2,800 (a bit lower thanks to the child deduction, but we're working on the back of a napkin here!). In addition, she'd pay $2,677 in payroll taxes. Her total tax liability pre_EITC would be $5477+/-.

^Step away from the AM Radio.

^Step away from your liberal MSM, you're scaring me. You are the one that is wrong, you can get back a lot more than you paid in.

I cant say how they managed it.

My youngest son. LAID OFF AFTER NINE MONTHS AND ENROLLED IN COLLEGE.

HE PAID IN 1400 GOT BACK 2800

His fiancee paid in 800 but was enrolled longer got back 3500.

Oldest daughter a few years ago when her dirt bag husband cut out. Left with three children enrolled in college. Paid in about 900 got back 4500

It happens whether anyone is man enough to admit it or not.

Yes...I can see that.
Question...how would you feel if your daughter lost that?

It would make me sad, she always needs that $ however, it gives her little incentive to improve herself to get in a better tax bracket.

Here's a Yahoo thread (all I could find quickly) that tells how it's done. Tax refund for dependents? More than you pay? - Yahoo! Answers

The benefit of the EITC over other welfare payments is that whatever else happens, your total income always increases as your earned income increases, providing an incentive (albeit smaller than it would otherwise be) to work. As your earned income increases, the dollar value of the EITC decreases. Other programs - TANF, for example - sometimes have the perverse effect of making people worse off if they return to work.

It's not perfect, but it's better than the alternative.

TWO bald face OBAMA LIES!
You Perry-fans are tooooooooooooo obvious!!​

"The San Antonio-Express News recently pointed out that past Texas governors have done well in terms of job creation, too. The state did even better when George W. Bush was governor."

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

While she might get back more than she pays, the size of her refund isn't a reflection of her tax bill, it's more a reflection of how much she overpaid during the year.

The actual federal income taxes owed before the EITC, presuming no deductions, would be about $2,800 (a bit lower thanks to the child deduction, but we're working on the back of a napkin here!). In addition, she'd pay $2,677 in payroll taxes. Her total tax liability pre_EITC would be $5477+/-.

Her withholding was only 650.00, I do her payroll.

He is talking about payroll taxes that employers are required to pay for each employee.
This is how the left thinks. Their employers taxes can be counted as what they pay in taxes. :cuckoo:

He is talking about payroll taxes that employers are required to pay for each employee.
This is how the left thinks. Their employers taxes can be counted as what they pay in taxes. :cuckoo:

Even then it comes up short.

Even then it comes up short.

Yea, 7.65 % x 35,000.00 is 2677.50, oh and it goes into the Social Security. Unless...........it's OK with the left to rob SS to pay for EITC?? :eusa_liar:

That is the stupidest thing I've heard yet. Employer taxes are SS, medicare and unemployment taxes, they are not Federal Withholding taxes. How dumb can someone be??

Last edited:

No, I'm not. I calculated the payroll tax by multiplying the earned income by 7.65%. I calculated the federal income tax from IRS tax tables.

If you wanted to actually contribute, you could do the same.

a plumber making the MEAN annual income of $50,000 takes deductions and after deductions pays the taxes based on AFTER deductions!
11 million tax returns for income reported $40,000 under $50,000 (Plumbers mean annual income $50,360) .
9.3 million then paid TAXES! (meaning they had to pay taxes):
After deductions, children,etc...
the Average Adjusted taxable income: $28,465...(deductions,donations..etc...)
They anyone including plumbers... paid an average of $2,832.26

If you know how to divide $2,832 taxes paid... by $50,360 GUESS WHAT??
a TAXABLE RATE OF 5.6% !

No, I'm not. I calculated the payroll tax by multiplying the earned income by 7.65%. I calculated the federal income tax from IRS tax tables.

I cannot believe you are so hard headed. The 7.65% is the Social Security Tax Rate. Everyone has a different withholding rate based on the dependents they claim. There is no "set" withholding rate. You really need to quit trying to make a point about something you know nothing about. I have been a bookkeeper for 30+ years and a tax preparer.

Her FEDERAL WITHHOLDING was $650.00 and she got a $5000.00 tax refund. They didn't refund her SS tax. :cuckoo:

I cannot believe you are so hard headed. The 7.65% is the Social Security Tax Rate. Everyone has a different withholding rate based on the dependents they claim. There is no "set" withholding rate. You really need to quit trying to make a point about something you know nothing about. I have been a bookkeeper for 30+ years and a tax preparer.

Her FEDERAL WITHHOLDING was $650.00 and she got a $5000.00 tax refund. They didn't refund her SS tax. :cuckoo:

well....you are referring to the payroll side.....what is deducted is strictly based on the exemptions claimed on the w-2 (not dependants...exemptions......and you can claim as many as 10 but you are best to be rational with what you claim).

I cannot believe you are so hard headed. The 7.65% is the Social Security Tax Rate. Everyone has a different withholding rate based on the dependents they claim.
The 7.65% is a tax on income. That's why they multiply your income b y 7.65% to figure out how much you owe - unless you make more than 106K, in which case your capped.

I calculated your daughters tax payment based on the IRS tax tables.

There is no "set" withholding rate.

The withholding rate is set by the employee- you can tell your employer how much to withhold by the number of exemptions and any additional amount you want withheld.

What you actually owe is a completely different story.

I cannot believe you are so hard headed. The 7.65% is the Social Security Tax Rate. Everyone has a different withholding rate based on the dependents they claim.
The 7.65% is a tax on income. That's why they multiply your income b y 7.65% to figure out how much you owe - unless you make more than 106K, in which case your capped.

The withholding rate is set by the employee- you can tell your employer how much to withhold by the number of exemptions and any additional amount you want withheld.

whereas FICA is a tax, it is not deemed a tax for purposes in this debate.
I believe we are debating federal witholding tax....FICA is a separate deduction.

STOP!!!! 7.65% is Social Security Withholding, not FEDERAL WITHHOLDING TAX. 7.65% goes into a separate fund. There are three deductions for taxes.

Federal Withholding based on dependents - used for calculating your tax refund
Social Security Withholding 7.65% Yes, this is capped at $106,800.00 Goes to SS and medicare
State Withholding for what ever state you're in unless there is no state tax

do you even get a paycheck??? Look at your pay stub..........you'll see it there.

Last edited:

STOP!!!! 7.65% is Social Security Withholding, not FEDERAL WITHHOLDING TAX. 7.65% goes into a separate fund. There are three deductions for taxes.

Federal Withholding based on dependents - used for calculating your tax refund
Social Security Withholding 7.65% Yes, this is capped at $106,000.00
State Withholding for what ever state you're in unless there is no state tax

do you even get a paycheck??? Look at your pay stub..........you'll see it there.

And here in NY....
City
Med
Dis

I believe we are debating federal witholding tax....FICA is a separate deduction.

I don't think he'll ever get it. ~sigh~

The 7.65% is a federal tax on an individuals income. It is an income tax. It is used to fund the federal government. You could call it a pink elephant, but it's still an income tax.

Read that again, Jarhead - and ask yourself if perhaps the problem here is people denying the obvious: That a tax on earned income is an earned income tax, no matter what name you chose to apply to it.

Others may attempt to find a distinction between an income tax and a tax on payroll income, but that's just buying into the DC speak.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back