TWO BALD EAGLES in my yard a few seconds ago

2nd

3785-1445372386-30e69dd6b3ef44f806d3b88f04cab979.jpg

they can be shrunk if they do not fit avatar

Two Bald Eagles on two trees in my yard...I'm shaking...had to run in and get the camera, the card wasn't in it and I had no room for pics on the camera itself, and then the batteries went dead and the hubby ran in and got me 4 new batteries....

All the while I am thinking that the American Bald Eagles will fly away before I can get a good picture of them....

They were beautiful....HUGE HUGE HUGE, you have no idea how huge these birds are...the pics just do not show how big they are...maybe 6 or 7 foot wingspans...

One was in full sunlight, the other was in a tree 50 ft away, in the shade part of the tree so not as visible....

They flew in together, one was a screaming eagle...then they landed on separate trees.... I've NEVER SEEN A PAIR TOGETHER before....

THIS WAS AWESOME!

PA206846.JPG

PA206836.JPG

PA206841.JPG

PA206843.JPG

PA206845.JPG

PA206848.JPG

PA206849.JPG

Yo, you might see more of them in the future? Talking a nest? With babies!!!

"GTP"

Two Bald Eagles on two trees in my yard...I'm shaking...had to run in and get the camera, the card wasn't in it and I had no room for pics on the camera itself, and then the batteries went dead and the hubby ran in and got me 4 new batteries....

All the while I am thinking that the American Bald Eagles will fly away before I can get a good picture of them....

They were beautiful....HUGE HUGE HUGE, you have no idea how huge these birds are...the pics just do not show how big they are...maybe 6 or 7 foot wingspans...

One was in full sunlight, the other was in a tree 50 ft away, in the shade part of the tree so not as visible....

They flew in together, one was a screaming eagle...then they landed on separate trees.... I've NEVER SEEN A PAIR TOGETHER before....

THIS WAS AWESOME!

PA206846.JPG

PA206836.JPG

PA206841.JPG

PA206843.JPG

PA206845.JPG

PA206848.JPG

PA206849.JPG

Yo, you might see more of them in the future? Talking a nest? With babies!!!

"GTP"
Oh my gosh, I bet you are right!!! I can't wait to see their babies!!!! I have posted pics on this site a few years back of an Eagle that was in the Meadow out front, not very good pics....but it was by itself, no partner.... now that I have seen the pair together, babies can't be too far off...

Fantastic pics, c4a! Thanks for that. You should get those published. PS, I'll bet you keep that camera charged from now on, eh?
I usually have my camera with me, every time I am outside, because I never know what is going to show up....

It began when we first moved here, I saw a Pileated Woodpecker....(The largest wood pecker in the United States I believe, a real huge sucker...maybe 18 inches in length)I think it was the same pine tree as the one the sunny eagle was in or the one right next to it that is dead....and I did not have my camera with me, and I could not find my camera and grabbed either an old lousy camera or a cell phone to try to get the shots of it....I got a couple of pics of it, but not good ones...this woodpecker was amazingly big.....

From that point on, the camera goes with me whenever outside...except today, of course....

Forum List

Back