TWO BALD EAGLES in my yard a few seconds ago

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Two Bald Eagles on two trees in my yard...I'm shaking...had to run in and get the camera, the card wasn't in it and I had no room for pics on the camera itself, and then the batteries went dead and the hubby ran in and got me 4 new batteries....

All the while I am thinking that the American Bald Eagles will fly away before I can get a good picture of them....

They were beautiful....HUGE HUGE HUGE, you have no idea how huge these birds are...the pics just do not show how big they are...maybe 6 or 7 foot wingspans...

One was in full sunlight, the other was in a tree 50 ft away, in the shade part of the tree so not as visible....

They flew in together, one was a screaming eagle...then they landed on separate trees.... I've NEVER SEEN A PAIR TOGETHER before....

THIS WAS AWESOME!

PA206846.JPG

PA206836.JPG

PA206841.JPG

PA206843.JPG

PA206845.JPG

PA206848.JPG

PA206849.JPG

You made my day with these photographs. I just want to you know you really made my day! I love eagles. This was such an unexpected happening! I can tell the eagle soaring is huge. What a find!

Here is the other one in the shadaow of a tree about 50 feet away

PA206856.JPG

PA206857.JPG

PA206861.JPG

PA206863.JPG

Such great photographs! So close up! You did an amazing job! Bravo!
I'm amazed they even turned out, I was shaking...first having to find the card that holds the pics, and then the batteries going dead.... I was CERTAIN I was not going to get any pictures at all because they were going to fly away....but they stayed there for a good 5 to 10 minutes so I finally managed to get a few...!!! Whew!!!

Last edited:
Two Bald Eagles on two trees in my yard...I'm shaking...had to run in and get the camera, the card wasn't in it and I had no room for pics on the camera itself, and then the batteries went dead and the hubby ran in and got me 4 new batteries....

All the while I am thinking that the American Bald Eagles will fly away before I can get a good picture of them....

They were beautiful....HUGE HUGE HUGE, you have no idea how huge these birds are...the pics just do not show how big they are...maybe 6 or 7 foot wingspans...

One was in full sunlight, the other was in a tree 50 ft away, in the shade part of the tree so not as visible....

They flew in together, one was a screaming eagle...then they landed on separate trees.... I've NEVER SEEN A PAIR TOGETHER before....

THIS WAS AWESOME!

PA206846.JPG

PA206836.JPG

PA206841.JPG

PA206843.JPG

PA206845.JPG

PA206848.JPG

PA206849.JPG
Top ornaments on your xmas tree?

so friggin cool!!!!!

:D

Fantastic pics, c4a! Thanks for that. You should get those published. PS, I'll bet you keep that camera charged from now on, eh?

cool

wtf do you live?
In the Maine woods, the middle of nowhere, basically. :lol:

Here are my deer (friends) who have been visiting since the wild apples have gotten ripe!
P9186571.JPG

P9186574.JPG
Oh. I thought you came from Maine and lived in the Rockies or something :lol:
A few friends have places in Maine, but one particular friend has a place at the end of the App Trail. I;ll have to ask him if he sees this kind of thing. Totally awesome.

btw, I have some roots in Maine KEnnebunc and Border with Canada near Woodstock NB

Forum List

Back