‘Two and a Half Men’ Star Risks Career to Tell Truth

The kid is right, because its a shit show, and always has been.

I bet he didn't complain when he took their money.

I don't see how saying all of this makes him honest. Everyone knows most sitcoms are garbage. It's not like he attained a moment of zen.

Though I agree with Angus, I also agree with you. If his spirit is THAT troubled by it, he ought to do the honorable thing and walk off the show.

To remain believing as he does smacks of hypocrisy and putting his money before his faith.

^^^ I agree that he should leave if he thinks that the show is so bad, but if he is under contract, he may have to finish the current season first. I don't know. I wish him well. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I normally don't watch sitcoms but 2-1/2 Men is hilarious and I was very disappointed when it was discontinued. I still watch the re-runs but I've never watched one of the Kutcher versions, nor will I, because I know they simply cannot be the same without Sheen. His persona is critical to the theme of that show.

I liked the Jake character and I might be surprised by the actor's bizarre turnabout were I not aware of how receptive some are to indoctrination by religious cults (e.g., Jim Jones, The Peoples' Temple, Jonestown Massacre).

As others here have noted, everything about 2-1/2 Men worked perfectly; the theme, the cast and, especially, the writing. It all came together to create what I believe probably is the funniest and the most sophisticated adult sitcom ever aired.

I bid a sad goodbye to Charlie, Alan, Jake, Berta, Evelyn and the whole brilliantly supportive cast. They will be missed.

I normally don't watch sitcoms but 2-1/2 Men is hilarious and I was very disappointed when it was discontinued. I still watch the re-runs but I've never watched one of the Kutcher versions, nor will I, because I know they simply cannot be the same without Sheen. His persona is critical to the theme of that show.

I liked the Jake character and I might be surprised by the actor's bizarre turnabout were I not aware of how receptive some are to indoctrination by religious cults (e.g., Jim Jones, The Peoples' Temple, Jonestown Massacre).

As others here have noted, everything about 2-1/2 Men worked perfectly; the theme, the cast and, especially, the writing. It all came together to create what I believe probably is the funniest and the most sophisticated adult sitcom ever aired.

I bid a sad goodbye to Charlie, Alan, Jake, Berta, Evelyn and the whole brilliantly supportive cast. They will be missed.

it was discontinued?

November 30, 2012
By Ben Shapiro

This week, Angus T. Jones, who plays teenager Jake on the hit sitcom Two and a Half Men, told the truth about the show on which he is featured: it harms American culture. Jones, who has become a believing Christian, cut a video for Forerunner Christian Church in which he stated, “If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth.” Jones made the point that television has a marked impact on how people think, feel, and shape their own values. “Do some research on the effects of television and your brain,” he urged, “and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television.”

The blowback has been immediate from the left. It’s one thing for Charlie Sheen to go completely insane, hook up with two willing ladies, and then do a drunken tour on which he repeats the word “winning” ad infinitum. It’s quite another for a young man to express the Christian view of much of the trash on television.

So instead of focusing on Jones’ message – an eminently true one – the left is calling him crazy. E! Online ran a piece today suggesting that Jones’ church membership actually made him a cult member:

---

Daniel Greenfield

Okay my 2 cents.

I like the show although I only watch it On Demand. I am adult so I get to watch naughty and be naughty sometimes.

I like the kid and his acting.

I preferred Charlie Sheen.

He is free to quit and honor his new beliefs and I will still respect him.

I respect his personal POV but I will watch whatever I like.

Dumbass kid who doesn't desrve 8 million a year runs his mouth off

Fixed it for ya.

Funny the little hypocrite didn't seem to mind collecting that check for the last ten years.

^^^ Sadly it takes some people a long time to know the Lord. Its always better to be late compared to never though. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Oh and anyone who thinks this kid will have a 'career' after this show risks me calling them an idiot lol.

November 30, 2012
By Ben Shapiro

This week, Angus T. Jones, who plays teenager Jake on the hit sitcom Two and a Half Men, told the truth about the show on which he is featured: it harms American culture. Jones, who has become a believing Christian, cut a video for Forerunner Christian Church in which he stated, “If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth.” Jones made the point that television has a marked impact on how people think, feel, and shape their own values. “Do some research on the effects of television and your brain,” he urged, “and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television.”

The blowback has been immediate from the left. It’s one thing for Charlie Sheen to go completely insane, hook up with two willing ladies, and then do a drunken tour on which he repeats the word “winning” ad infinitum. It’s quite another for a young man to express the Christian view of much of the trash on television.

So instead of focusing on Jones’ message – an eminently true one – the left is calling him crazy. E! Online ran a piece today suggesting that Jones’ church membership actually made him a cult member:

---

Daniel Greenfield

Why does he not quit being on the show?
He's most likely tied up with a contract.

I always enjoyed the show when Charlie was on it...no, it's not the same at all with Kutcher.
Great show when Charlie was on it. Some of the best writing on Television (sit-com) It took a 90 degree turn when Ashton came on board. They didn't know how to write for him and the writing was horrendous. I watched 2 1/2 Men religiously for years and lasted 3 episodes with Ashton at the helm.
The writing is pretty bad, the plots are predictable, the jokes are juvenile and crude.

The mom and the housekeeper are the only things slightly interesting.

I don't see how saying all of this makes him honest. Everyone knows most sitcoms are garbage. It's not like he attained a moment of zen.

At nineteen years old and making $300,000 an episode for years, he is a multi millionaire by now and why, since joining the Seventh Day Adventist church, is he still on that funny sitcom, my fave, and which I watched him last night, making an appearance. Has he actually quit the show, or is he trying to eat his cake, and have it too?
Wonder if the church will end up with all his money?

Oh and anyone who thinks this kid will have a 'career' after this show risks me calling them an idiot lol.
A lot of people probably didn't think the kid in this show would have a career, either. Now he's one of the hottest commodities:

cast.jpg

it was discontinued?
Actually, no. The show still goes on but with Ashton Kutcher, which to me is like a hot dog with mayonnaise instead of mustard.

And they still are re-running past episodes with Charlie, which I continue to enjoy. But the real show, with Charlie Sheen, is no more.

Sad to say.

At nineteen years old and making $300,000 an episode for years, he is a multi millionaire by now and why, since joining the Seventh Day Adventist church, is he still on that funny sitcom, my fave, and which I watched him last night, making an appearance. Has he actually quit the show, or is he trying to eat his cake, and have it too?

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back