Twizzlers v. Red Vines

Which is better?

• Total voters
Neither.

If it's not chocolate, I'm "not touching that".

Last edited:
Red Vines are the crème de la crème while Twizzlers are the stuff you find on the bottom of your shoe while cleaning out the Port-O-Pottie.

Mr Pibb + Captain Morgan = low class

Dr Pepper + Captain Morgan = baller

Red stuff that looks sort of like licorice but isn't? Sacrilege. :evil:

But I'd still eat it before donkey snot. Well, probably. Sorry, Jeremy.

Which is better?

...discuss.

Interesting and intriguing inquiry, Jeremy.

Let me ask, are either made from rendering? I'm not really into eating melted road kill as a treat.

Red Vines:

Corn syrup, wheat flour, citric acid, artificial flavor, red 40.

Twizzlers:

Beaks, snot, feathers.

A lot to consider. Chemicals and dyes can be bad for you.

The ingredients in Twizzlers sound like a step up from the rendered animal flesh found in Gummy Bears.

Let me ask, are either made from rendering? I'm not really into eating melted road kill as a treat.

Red Vines:

Twizzlers:

Beaks, snot, feathers.

A lot to consider. Chemicals and dyes can be bad for you.

The ingredients in Twizzlers sound like a step up from the rendered animal flesh found in Gummy Bears.

Yep, don't forget M&M's and Skittles too!

Red Vines:

Twizzlers:

Beaks, snot, feathers.

but are the beaks, snot and feathers organic?

Conducting a bit of research:

Beaver Anal Glands in Raspberry Candy

The anal glands of a beaver, conveniently euphemized as castoreum, are a common ingredient in perfumes and colognes but are also sometimes used to — believe it or not — enhance the flavor of raspberry candies and sweets.

Crushed Bugs as Red Food Coloring

After killing thousands at a time, the dried insects are boiled to produce a liquid solution that can be turned to a dye using a variety of treatments. Some people worry that the coloring — often called carmine or carminic acid — could be listed as a “natural color,” disguising the fact that there are bugs in the product.

Beetle Juice in Sprinkles and Candies

You know that shiny coating on candies like Skittles? Or the sprinkles on cupcakes and ice cream sundaes? Well, they get that glaze from the secretions of the female lac beetle. The substance is also known as shellac and commonly used as a wood varnish.

More:

10 Weird and Gross Ingredients in Processed Food | WebEcoist

So many choices...

Forum List

Back