Twitter, USMB & Facebook: Free Speech Under Fire

Its a wonder to watch those like "Fake Jake" say anything in regards to freedom of speech when he was one of the VERY people who attacked the OP-ED section last week because he did NOT like a certain persons conservative slant.

The Simple fact is conservatives ARE winning the board not only here but nation wide. And in some cases like immigration global.
The OP-ED section WILL become hotter over the next few months as liberals CANNOT take it and we conservatives are NOT giving it up.

Oh and one more suggestion for you liberals who cannot stand a conservative OP-ED. Eat sh8t and die.

Careful what you wish for Dark.

In the world of clandestine interests, if you are "winning," it is because you have been allowed to win.

This is the same way the winds shifted and the liberals started winning with Obama. They started "winning," because they were allowed to win.

Someday, perhaps, all of you will awaken to who is manipulating you. . .

If not, well. . . . so it goes. . .

"I recently joined Twitter and have not noticed any infringement on free speech. It appears that they value their members and do not want to lose them."

It appears the thread premise illustrates the ignorance of the law common to most conservatives.

In the United States the doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not the relationship between and among private persons and organizations.

Only government can seek to infringe upon the right to free speech, not private entities such as Twitter.

I doubt there was much free speech during Lincolns era. Certainly not for women who were not entited to vote. I think Gays had to keep their heads down as well.
Well you'd be wrong, but assumers usually are
No - I am pretty much on the money with this.
No

you're a crack, maybe, but you're absolutely wrong.

try to imagine a teacher telling a child to not pray back then

that person would be unemployed before the next bell rang.

leftist suspend kids for wearing nra shirts, and punish kids for praying

I doubt there was much free speech during Lincolns era. Certainly not for women who were not entited to vote. I think Gays had to keep their heads down as well.
No

I think that universal suffrage outweighs wearing a t shirt in the free speech stakes. Just saying.

As the people of Europe storm social media to vent their outrage at the Islamic invasion that is creating sexual jihad attacks in places like Cologne Germany, government officials are cracking down on any criticism of Muslim Immigrants or Islam. They are now asking Social Media outlets to join them in their war against free speech.

Stefan Korner, Chairman of the Pirate Party Germany, has objected to creeping censorship on social media outlets. While it has been reported that Facebook is beginning to delete posts from its members, Twitter appears determined to respect the free speech of its members.

USMB, US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum, a considerably smaller social media website was not listed as a target by European authorities. The political website is a supporter of free speech and their slogan is – Where Every Voice Matters. Their statement is that they welcome everyone despite political and / or religious beliefs, and continue to encourage the right to free speech.

As an Op-ed Contributor for USMB, I'm not aware of any other political forum that protects freedom of speech as much as they do. I believe it is the largest political discussion forum on the internet with the exception of Facebook and Twitter.

The request from European officials appears to be in accordance with UN Resolution 16/18 which intends to make any criticism of Islam a criminal offense. While European citizens are seeing their freedom of expression crushed under the UN Resolution, America is still holding fast to 1st Amendment rights.

Will Social Media outlets cave in to UN pressure or will they exercise their 1st Amendment rights and say no to UN Resolution 16/18?

For information on UN Resolution 16/18 see this report -
U.N. Resolution 16/18 or U.S. Constitution

German authorities contacted some top social media sources forming a new task force to deal with “free speech” which they consider a problem. News sources report that Facebook is now looking at postings more stringently in order to determine whether or not users' comments are infringing on German law.

Facebook members say the social media site is deleting posts that attack Palestinians while not deleting posts that attack Israeli's. Israeli news sources have stated they believe Facebook has adopted a double standard. The latest news is Americans are being censored on Facebook for posts that Facebook deems crossing the line.

Does this mean that Facebook has now opted for UN Resolution 16/18 over 1st Amendment rights?

If it does? Facebook will lose millions of customers. Twitter and US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum will gain the members that Facebook loses.

According to one news source, Twitter has revised its rules to emphasize that it prohibits violent threats and abusive behavior by users. While Twitter is promising a tougher stance, how they enforce their rules in the future will determine whether they intend to suppress 1nd amendment rights.

I recently joined Twitter and have not noticed any infringement on free speech. It appears that they value their members and do not want to lose them.

It was reported in a blog post that the company stated the updated language emphasizes that Twitter will not allow behavior that is intended to harass, intimidate, or use fear to silence another user's voice. It states that they encourage diverse opinions and beliefs.

That is good to know. I would hate to think that Twitter would go the way Facebook appears to be going now. Supporting UN Resolution 16/18 would be a devastating blow to any social media outlet that enforced its rules. The core success of any society including social media is based upon free speech. People go where free speech reigns.

I like Twitter and appreciate the freedom of speech they offer their members.

For now, it appears that the agreement to infringe on free speech by social media is voluntary. 1st Amendment rights guarantee all social media the right to reject UN Resolution 16/18 rules.

I am glad that I am not a member of Facebook. I'd have to cancel my membership before submitting to their censorship. I'm grateful for Twitter but should the day ever come that they decide to ban members for any criticism of Muslim immigration and Islam, USMB will undoubtedly replace them as the largest social media site in the world.

1st Amendment rights should not be negotiable under any circumstances.

For your information and so that you will not look quite so stupid in the future: if you are going to post a video calling German Chancellorin Angela Merkel an "islamofeminist" or some such horseshit, at least you can find a video where her name is spelled correctly. That's what adults do.

This is just plain old sad.

Mrs. M. is upset that governments are asking social media outlets to ensure that what is being posted is true on these issues, not outright, lying propaganda. I disagree with her.

Mrs. M., our 1st Amendment is not applicable to Europe, you know.
That is one of europe's failings

Actually, there is a huge amount of free speech in Europe. Only they were smart enough to figure it out right away and not have to add an amendment once their constitutions were already in stone and the ink had dried...

The very first part of the German Grundgesetzt says:

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar.
A person's dignity is inalienable.

Implicit in that is the right to free speech.
Germans give their opinions all the time.
Only, most of them are not Trump-dickish while they are doing it.

Mrs. M. is upset that governments are asking social media outlets to ensure that what is being posted is true on these issues, not outright, lying propaganda. I disagree with her.

That's why Europe has had totalitarian governments that engaged in mass murder. No one was allowed to call them on it.

You really are stupid enough to mention regimes of 80 years ago, as if nothing has happened in between.

You are a truly stupid human being.

No

I think that universal suffrage outweighs wearing a t shirt in the free speech stakes. Just saying.
something we grew out of vs something we are moving into.

No

Thats a bonkers comment. there is no correlation between being lynched by the KKK and being sent home from school with a letter. You understand that dont you ?

No

Thats a bonkers comment. there is no correlation between being lynched by the KKK and being sent home from school with a letter. You understand that dont you ?
Now you're changing the subject.

that's leftist for you

lose the conversation, change the subject. And I see you moved to a subject that will lead you to being able to call me a racist.

:lol: ya failed

No

that's leftist for you

lose the conversation, change the subject. And I see you moved to a subject that will lead you to being able to call me a racist.

Its like trying to argue with an infant. Are you saying that there was more freedom of speech in the C19th than there is today ?

No

that's leftist for you

Its like trying to argue with an infant. Are you saying that there was more freedom of speech in the C19th than there is today ?
and now we are back on subject.

look it up for yourself. Just read a copy of a newspaper about what pols said about each other.

friggin shocking stuff

that's leftist for you

and now we are back on subject.

look it up for yourself. Just read a copy of a newspaper about what pols said about each other.

friggin shocking stuff
Freedom of Speech should extend to everybody, not just politicos.

That's why Europe has had totalitarian governments that engaged in mass murder. No one was allowed to call them on it.

You really are stupid enough to mention regimes of 80 years ago, as if nothing has happened in between.

You are a truly stupid human being.

No, it is you who are stupid. You seem to have this retarded belief that it can't happen again. Guess what stupido, it has happened again....and more to the point, it WILL happen again.

That is one of europe's failings

Actually, there is a huge amount of free speech in Europe. Only they were smart enough to figure it out right away and not have to add an amendment once their constitutions were already in stone and the ink had dried...

The very first part of the German Grundgesetzt says:

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar.
A person's dignity is inalienable.

Implicit in that is the right to free speech.
Germans give their opinions all the time.
Only, most of them are not Trump-dickish while they are doing it.

A huge amount? Really? It would take years to list all of the things that are banned in Europe. Things that can't be shown on TV or played on the radio. Fuck The Polices video for their song Invisible Sun is banned in the UK. The "offending image" is of a toddler throwing a stone at a Saracen APC. So no, there is a huge amount of censorship in Europe you just don't care.

All of you will have to forgive me, however I am still attempting to validate sending a photo shopped image of a male and female indulging an obliging horse. Maybe I am missing something. As for the Finnish rejecting that harmless vindictiveness, I will side with the Finnish and only wonder how thin skinned Dark Horse would become were that to happen to a member of his family, should he have a family. Care to respond Dark Horse?

Sorry bout that Dark Fury, got horses and folks lodged in the head. Ugheely!

No, it is you who are stupid. You seem to have this retarded belief that it can't happen again. Guess what stupido, it has happened again....and more to the point, it WILL happen again.

Trump voters certainly prove that. They literally don't care about his policies. They only care that he'll be stomping on the people they hate.

You are opposing that goosestepping fascist, right? Assuming he gets the Republican nomination, will you pledge to oppose the Trumpenfuhrer? Or will you be delighted that the brownshirts will be finally be cracking some liberal heads?

In any case, we progressives will be doing what we always do, which is opposing the Stalinists, Nazis, and authoritarians of all types.

Trump voters certainly prove that. They literally don't care about his policies. They only care that he'll be stomping on the people they hate.

You are opposing that goosestepping fascist, right? Assuming he gets the Republican nomination, will you pledge to oppose the Trumpenfuhrer? Or will you be delighted that the brownshirts will be finally be cracking some liberal heads?

In any case, we progressives will be doing what we always do, which is opposing the Stalinists, Nazis, and authoritarians of all types.

And Santa Claus...he is truly evil.

Forum List

Back