Twitter up for sale with $30B asking price

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Feb 6, 2011
Okolona, KY
Twitter goes on the block at $30B...
icon_omg.gif

Twitter sets sale price tag at $30 billion
Sep 27, 2016 - Would the multibillion dollar deal of LinkedIn has something to do with Twitter's move to go on sale? The answer is, yes!
The fact that LinkedIn was sold to Microsoft on Monday for more than $26 billion, it would not be hard for a celebrated social media platform like Twitter to do the same. If Microsoft is willing to shell out a colossal $26 billion for Linkedin, then there definitely has to be an emancipator in the making for Twitter as well. To be more precise, since there have been strong talks that major companies such as Google's parent Alphabet, Salesforce, Facebook, Microsoft, and even Verizon have set their eyes on the social networking giant.

jack-dorsey-has-streamlined-twitter-s-product-team-since-officially-returning-as-ceo-in-october.jpg

Jack Dorsey has streamlined Twitter’s product team since officially returning as CEO in October.​

Now that the Linkedin acquisition has been accomplished, a boost in the value of Twitter has occurred --something that CEO Jack Dorsey has not accomplished especially when Twitter's stock dropped by almost 60 percent within a year after CEO Dick Costolo announced his resignation. Another major reason is that 2016 was supposed to be the year of Twitter's resurgence. But instead, the social media company went into a state of crisis. It has stumbled with enticing new users with a strategy so disorganized that it has simply lost the faith of investors. The numbers of executives leaving the company are rising with CEO Dick Costolo's departure in 2015 being the catalyst.

One major problem that can occur if the speculation of sale does become a solid reality is the price tag, which is widely favored at around $18 billion due to the circumstances including the recent sale of LinkedIn to Microsoft. However, according to inside sources, Twitter is looking to sell at a much higher price. How much? At a whopping $30 billion price tag. This might be too much considering the state of the company. This will most likely disqualify Salesforce since it made an attempt to purchase LinkedIn but disclosed that the price is too high for an under $50 billion company.

LinkedIn multibillion dollar deal prompts Twitter sale

See also:

Disney wants to buy-out Twitter
Sep 27, 2016 - Disney confirmed its potential acquisition with Twitter soon. Up to this moment, Disney is currently in progress of communicating with bankers whether they would close an agreement to buy one of the most popular social media sites in the world.
Disney confirmed its potential acquisition with Twitter soon. Up to this moment, Disney is currently in progress of communicating with bankers whether they would close an agreement to buy one of the most popular social media sites in the world. Disney already owns other media properties like ESPN and ABC. The reason why they are aiming for a social media platform are to support and extend their reach globally. While Twitter is also connected with some of its partners like NFL, it would be an advantage for Disney to acquire it for a successful new media platform.

singer-katy-perry-celebrates-the-fourth-of-july-at-walt-disney-world.jpg

In this handout photo provided by Disney Parks, singer Katy Perry poses with Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort on July 4, 2014 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Katy Perry, who sang the hit song 'Firework,' visited Walt Disney World Resort on U.S. Independence Day during a break in her global 'Prismatic' concert tour​

With the decline in cable viewership, Disney is looking for new platforms to expand the reach of their leading brands. Since 2013, ESPN has lost 9 million subscribers, according to Nielsen data. As reported by TechCrunch, some reports have suggested that Twitter could still fetch $30 billion. But Disney hopes for the price tag to be much lower as possible. Twitter's stocks are currently trending upward while Disney's moving toward the opposite direction. Just recently, Twitter's market cap was below $13 billion before rumors of a possible Salesforce acquisition broke. The latest market cap of Twitter now reached $20 billion.

According to Chicago Tribune, early this year, Disney made a significant investment to enhance its video distribution capabilities. In August, the company said it would pay $1 billion for a 33 percent stake in BAMtech, a video streaming company created by Major League Baseball. This BAMtech has been tapped by Disney to build and distribute a new ESPN-branded, multi-sport subscription streaming service that will be sold directly to consumers. "We are a big believer in using technology to reach more people, Walt Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger said in an interview. He also added that Disney is extremely impressed with the BAMtech's technology. "I thought Twitter did an excellent job last week-interestingly enough that platform was powered by BAMtech last week, and will be moving forward, which I think says a lot about that platform," Iger said. "Because it was very stable. I checked it out, just as a lot of people did. And I thought it was a quite good experience. They did a good job." Whether or not Disney could win the bidding for Twitter is something that fans should wait for.

After Google, Disney shows interest in Twitter buy-out

Last edited:
TWTR…ouch. Owned that dog for a long time. Nobody has figured out how to monetize it. I think Facebook should buy it and do some experimenting of the merging between social media accounts. I’m not much into the sphere but I think it would be confusing keeping up of what I tweeted, instagrammed, or posted on FB if I were on all 3 platforms (that would be owned by FB).

Still..

I think the technology can be broadened. Not sure if it would take off or not but can you imagine going into Cheesecake Factory, Carrabbas, Landry’s or Fogo and getting to your table on a Friday night. The joint is hopping and the service is beginning to wane. But you notice this little QR code on the menu or on the corner of the table. You take out your I-phone and scan it. Instantly, the manager and/or service captain and/or waitress get flagged that you’re in need of service. They know your table number because when you scanned it, it sent a tweet to a device they carry saying “Table 6 in need of service @ 9:38 PM” If you want to get really big brother about it, when the resolution comes, they scan the QR and let the gals and guys at the home office know how long it took to resolve the issue. Seems like it would be a good way to muscle your way in. Some places do that already with table top devices. That seems like a waste when most people have a cell.

If I had that kind of money, I'd just create my own site.

Am I the only one that see's this bullshit as sick and twisted? Corporations using customers money to play such games and buy such bullshit? Why? Just to promote their propaganda and anti-American views?

Forum List

Back