Twitter is all upset with a new hashtag of #whitewashedout

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Asians are having a hissy over a white gal playing a major part of a new marvel movie and are having a BLM movement I guess because the marvel gal is asian in the comics. What I find hypocritical is...while they are bitching about not enough asian actors playing parts or not getting enough parts in movies, these are the same ones that made A LOT OF MONEY playing parts and did so well they are now well known AS asians. Like, George takai, Margaret Cho, Jackie Chan and a few others. Some are even saying Chan had eye surgery to look less asian so he could get more parts in movies? First I ever heard of it. Meanwhile, their own culture is using white culture of huge eyed animations and shit.

Well gosh. I bet the native americans are a tad pissed too since most westerns were played by white guys in brown face. Or hispanic. Or hawaiian. Or whatever.

WTF is going on? Ganging up on whities is the in thing now?

Asians are having a hissy over a white gal playing a major part of a new marvel movie and are having a BLM movement I guess because the marvel gal is asian in the comics. What I find hypocritical is...while they are bitching about not enough asian actors playing parts or not getting enough parts in movies, these are the same ones that made A LOT OF MONEY playing parts and did so well they are now well known AS asians. Like, George takai, Margaret Cho, Jackie Chan and a few others. Some are even saying Chan had eye surgery to look less asian so he could get more parts in movies? First I ever heard of it. Meanwhile, their own culture is using white culture of huge eyed animations and shit.

Well gosh. I bet the native americans are a tad pissed too since most westerns were played by white guys in brown face. Or hispanic. Or hawaiian. Or whatever.

Harden up. The crucible is coming.

Today is the first day of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Hollywood has been preparing for this month by announcing film after film after film with white people playing Asians. To that end, we’ve teamed up with some of the minds behind #WeNeedDiverseBooks and comedian/actress Margaret Cho to launch a new movement to tell Hollywood we are #whitewashedOUT.

For nearly one hundred years, Hollywood has been whitewashing characters, and particularly Asian characters, on the screen. So when several consecutive films debut or are announced featuring whitewashed characters, it is time to say ‘enough is enough.’ Because there already isn’t enough Asian representation in films to begin with, we cannot allow the few roles that do exist go to white actors. We’re tired of Hollywood acting as though Asian Americans don’t exist, and want to let them know that we aren’t watching these whitewashed movies.
#WhitewashedOUT Twitter Chat with Margaret Cho to Kick Off AAPI Month

It is pretty weird that Hollywood would choose to celebrate this way, no?

Margaret Cho is a disgusting filthy mouthed slob. Meanwhile, she lives in a mansion (filthy dirty, too), basks in the money she gets for the filth she spews as "humor" and then bitches about the venue on how she got that money.
Pfffffffffffffft

Just between you and me, I am not a fan of her comedy. I am also not too damn impressed with her Twitter. I am more disgusted with the fawning over her. If she really wanted to do something then she could produce movies with Asian directors and Asian actors and tell the numnuts in Hollywood to get bent. Hollywood maintains there are no Asian actors that are considered reliable money makers and so refuses to cast them.
http://defamer.gawker.com/sony-exec..._source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So, to turn around and prepare for this and show movies with Asian characters played by white people is a slap in the face.

What’s going on is the usual stupidity from the right, the ridiculous lie that whites are being ‘ganged upon,’ and conservatives propagating the moronic canard of ‘white victimhood.’

It sounds like you are saying that as long as there are a few asians playing parts and making money they should be content with the few roles they get. Why is this a problem for you that they want more parts and why do you think you are being ganged up on?

What’s going on is the usual stupidity from the right, the ridiculous lie that whites are being ‘ganged upon,’ and conservatives propagating the moronic canard of ‘white victimhood.’
Yep, you are right. There isn't and never will be discrimination and racism against white people by so called "people of color".

It is all just a vast right wing conspiracy that would completely annihilate the "progressive" agenda if it ever turned out to be true....

It sounds like you are saying that as long as there are a few asians playing parts and making money they should be content with the few roles they get. Why is this a problem for you that they want more parts and why do you think you are being ganged up on?
I bet you wouldn't be happy if it were black roles being changed to Asian ones and white roles were respected as is.

The reason why we KNOW we are being ganged up on is because when black people complain about the oscars being too white we know liberal Hollywood will make itself less white and more black, and at the same time Hispanics complaining about not having enough representation will result in less whites to accommodate more brown roles, and now we have the Asians wanting more representation in accordance to their growing numbers....

Only when whites are all but invisible on the television will black people ever have to worry about losing influence in Hollywood.

I bet you wouldn't be happy if it were black roles being changed to Asian ones and white roles were respected as is.

The reason why we KNOW we are being ganged up on is because when black people complain about the oscars being too white we know liberal Hollywood will make itself less white and more black, and at the same time Hispanics complaining about not having enough representation will result in less whites to accommodate more brown roles, and now we have the Asians wanting more representation in accordance to their growing numbers....

Only when whites are all but invisible on the television will black people ever have to worry about losing influence in Hollywood.
Actually I could care less about a fictional character being changed so you would lose that bet. However, your post has nothing to do with what i said. Why the deflection?

Actually I could care less about a fictional character being changed so you would lose that bet. However, your post has nothing to do with what i said. Why the deflection?
I will have to make a mental note that you have the reading comprehension skills of a toddler and have absolutely no clue what a "deflection" is.

I will have to make a mental note that you have the reading comprehension skills of a toddler and have absolutely no clue what a "deflection" is.
You just deflected again.

There was nothing to deflect. You are a certifiably retarded individual.

There was nothing to deflect. You are a certifiably retarded individual.
You just deflected for the 3rd time.

If blacks and others want more roles, then blacks should try to produce movies that everyone wants to pay to go see. You know, like white producers make. Then they can stack the deck with as many black cards as they want. Good luck with that.

The Color Purple was way under represented by Hispanics, Jews, Asians and Indians. They should remake it with a more diverse cast and give Oprah's role to Barbra Streisand.:lmao:

Forum List

Back