Twins whine about bunting against the shift

Down 7-0 with one out in the ninth, Orioles catcher lays down a bunt because the Twins threw a shift on him

Twins angry after Orioles bunt against shift in 9th

Caused the Twins to go on a Twitter rage about how it ruins the game

if more people did that the shift would die a well deserving death.

I hate the shift

I can’t believe so many major league batters lack the skills to beat it
Even if you don’t bunt, just choke up on the bat and slap it down the third baseline
Has nothing to do with lacking the skills.
Still makes no sense not taking the easy hit

1) not an easy hit especially slapping it down the third base line

2). Failing to successfully bunt or hit down the other line is a terrible failure especially if the guy has any pop

Down 7-0 with one out in the ninth, Orioles catcher lays down a bunt because the Twins threw a shift on him

Twins angry after Orioles bunt against shift in 9th

Caused the Twins to go on a Twitter rage about how it ruins the game

I hate the shift

Even if you don’t bunt, just choke up on the bat and slap it down the third baseline

2). Failing to successfully bunt or hit down the other line is a terrible failure especially if the guy has any pop
If you can not bunt you are not much of a base ball player! I got my bunts down when I played well over 90 percent of the time. 90 percent or better bunting against the shift should work not to mention it forces them to play you strait up the next time allowing for better holes where you normally send the ball. I would make them pay for shifting on me every time!

I hate the shift

If you can not bunt you are not much of a base ball player! I got my bunts down when I played well over 90 percent of the time. 90 percent or better bunting against the shift should work not to mention it forces them to play you strait up the next time allowing for better holes where you normally send the ball. I would make them pay for shifting on me every time!
Wow!!!! We have an internet Lou Gehrig

I hate the shift

You don’t even have to bunt
You can choke up on the bat and slap it to the opposite field

I hate the shift

Simply laughable that you think it is that easy. A major league pitcher with velocity and movement and, just as importantly, pitching to the shift, means you don’t just ‘choke up and slap it the other way’

Simply laughable that you think it is that easy. A major league pitcher with velocity and movement and, just as importantly, pitching to the shift, means you don’t just ‘choke up and slap it the other way’
Happens all the time

Happens all the time
And yet here you are complaining it does not happen. You are deriving your proposed strategy from your little league days and/or faltered memories of the small ball era

The first overshift was done 70+ years ago...it's not new.

Ted Williams never changed his hitting approach, he was a dead-pull hitter his entire career. He still hit .344 for his career.

I hate the shift

Wow!!!! We have an internet Lou Gehrig
Lou Gerhig was not known for bunting dumb fuck! YOu know shit about baseball!

I hate the shift

A bunt will get down a much higher percent of the time!

This will now be entered into dictionaries as a definition of "cry baby".

New Topics

Forum List

Back