Twenty-year hiatus in rising temperatures has climate scientists puzzled

That was some top-quality "taking a lot of space to say very little", but it failed to address my point. It just rehashed what I've been pointing out was a fallacy.

Try doing the liberal thing. You know, be concise, logical and non-emotional. State a point directly, then support the point briefly and clearly.

My first point is that natural cycles happening the past do not mandate that the current warming is a natural cycle. Your senseless logic is like saying "forest fires have happened naturally, so humans can't cause forest fires". Or "extinctions have happened naturally, so humans can't cause extinctions."

Second, the global energy flux measurements demonstrate it isn't a natural cycle. More energy comes in than goes out, because outgoing IR is squeezing down around the CO2 absorption bands. It's absurd to say it's a natural cycle when the evidence says it's not.

LMAO.........liberal logic has been fucking the nation for decades.

Why?

Because for liberals, it is never about the results. Results dont matter. If the intentions are good and it sounds clever, you go do it. This is exactly the sentiment of the modern liberal intellectual. Except theres a problem = in their thinking, these people never assess the costs or compared to what factor. These knuckleheads, if they had their way, would blast off head long into spending 76 trilion dollars to go all green......as if there were no tradeoffs.

Thankfully, far left thinking is fringe ( except to them) and having zero effect on public policy here in America as applied to climate change.

But keep up the angry bitter laced threads/posts. I wouldnt be in this forum without them!!!:coffee:

Research by Ed Hawkins of University of Reading shows surface temperatures since 2005 are already at the low end of the range projections derived from 20 climate models and if they remain flat, they will fall outside the models' range within a few years.

"The global temperature standstill shows that climate models are diverging from observations," says David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.

"If we have not passed it already, we are on the threshold of global observations becoming incompatible with the consensus theory of climate change," he says.
According to The Economist, "given the hiatus in warming and all the new evidence, a small reduction in estimates of climate sensitivity would seem to be justified." On face value, Hansen agrees the slowdown in global temperature rises can be seen as "good news".
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

By the way Hames Hansen has been the BIGGEST champion of Global Warming!!!

Hmmm... those of us who said the jury was still out on Global Warming... who were the brunt of idiotic comments, jeers as being anti-science... please
I'm not gloating but here is my little dance!!!

View attachment 25149

Yes, the pause in the warming is good news. Temporary good news. Due to the convergence of the massive aerosol release from the burning of coal in China and India, the decrease in the energy we are getting from the sun, and the several strong La Ninas versus the one strong El Nino we have seen since 1998.

However, we have seen temporary pauses, and even downturns, in the temperature before.

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-has-global-temperature-risen-last-100-years

When your theory fails, it's time for a new theory.

That's how real science works

AGW Cult says, "The data got it wrong and our theory is still sound"

That's not science

Research by Ed Hawkins of University of Reading shows surface temperatures since 2005 are already at the low end of the range projections derived from 20 climate models and if they remain flat, they will fall outside the models' range within a few years.

"The global temperature standstill shows that climate models are diverging from observations," says David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.

"If we have not passed it already, we are on the threshold of global observations becoming incompatible with the consensus theory of climate change," he says.
According to The Economist, "given the hiatus in warming and all the new evidence, a small reduction in estimates of climate sensitivity would seem to be justified." On face value, Hansen agrees the slowdown in global temperature rises can be seen as "good news".
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

By the way Hames Hansen has been the BIGGEST champion of Global Warming!!!

Hmmm... those of us who said the jury was still out on Global Warming... who were the brunt of idiotic comments, jeers as being anti-science... please
I'm not gloating but here is my little dance!!!

View attachment 25149

Yes, the pause in the warming is good news. Temporary good news. Due to the convergence of the massive aerosol release from the burning of coal in China and India, the decrease in the energy we are getting from the sun, and the several strong La Ninas versus the one strong El Nino we have seen since 1998.

However, we have seen temporary pauses, and even downturns, in the temperature before.

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-has-global-temperature-risen-last-100-years

That's not science

Right. The above focus on "temporary" is future-think. Assuming data from the future, however, is simply making things up.

I have long thought that leftwing focus on supposed Global Warming is a proxy talking point for the real problem: world overpopulation. Leftists have a hard time talking about overpopulation, I suspect, because most of the overpopulation is done by non-white races. Whites, famously, are actually declining in population.

But the hockey-stick rise in human population, multiplying several times, starting about 1800 has caused all the perceived problems we have: famines, pollution, species extinctions, deforestation, overuse of fuel, etc. This is an issue located in the past, not the future, so we can actually look at it and see that there are problems. If there is any future rise in planet temperature or storms or water level or whatever, what is the real, actual cause believed to be? Too many people burning up too much of the planet's resources, right? If there were 1/8 as many people now as there are, which would only take three generations of human couples having only one child each (some of you are able to do that math), all the problems associated with too many people would disappear. Forests would reappear. Endangered species would live in peace.

I suggest people stop talking about Global Warming, which may well not be happening at all, and start talking about overpopulation, which is quite clearly happening and which the world is suffering from right now with no need to think about the future.

Last edited:

That's not science

Right. The above focus on "temporary" is future-think. Assuming data from the future, however, is simply making things up.

I have long thought that leftwing focus on supposed Global Warming is a proxy talking point for the real problem: world overpopulation. Leftists have a hard time talking about overpopulation, I suspect, because most of the overpopulation is done by non-white races. Whites, famously, are actually declining in population.

But the hockey-stick rise in human population, multiplying several times, starting about 1800 has caused all the perceived problems we have: famines, pollution, species extinctions, deforestation, overuse of fuel, etc. This is an issue located in the past, not the future, so we can actually look at it and see that there are problems. If there is any future rise in planet temperature or storms or water level or whatever, what is the real, actual cause believed to be? Too many people burning up too much of the planet's resources, right? If there were 1/8 as many people now as there are, which would only take three generations of human couples having only one child each (some of you are able to do that math), all the problems associated with too many people would disappear. Forests would reappear. Endangered species would live in peace.

I suggest people stop talking about Global Warming, which may well not be happening at all, and start talking about overpopulation, which is quite clearly happening and which the world is suffering from right now with no need to think about the future.
China is presently consuming over 2/5 th of all the world`s Gold, Silver, Copper, Zinc,Lead, Iron, Coal and Oil. While we conserve and recycle as much as we can, yet according to the semi-communist extreme left enviro-wackos we are the "sinners".
While we are supposed to be an "inclusive society" China is becoming increasingly nationalistic and is driving colonialism/exploitation to new heights. China`s pace of resource consumption is dictated by economic growth which in turn can`t drop below 5 % in order to keep the unemployment rates and the number of people living in poverty where they are at present. Else there will be dire consequences for China`s rulers and they don`t plan to relinquish power any time soon.

There are huge tracts of fertile land in Africa`s temperate regions which are now owned and farmed by China`s state owned corporations that exploit cheep domestic labor and ship the produce to China. The wages that China is paying for domestic labor is below the level where the indigenous population could afford to buy their own produce. China "repays" these countries with construction projects such as huge football stadiums which can seat 50 000 in locations where only 4000 people live inside a distance radius that they can travel.

Too bad the 1.5 hour BBC documentary which was aired on PBS is not in print or multi-media format on the internet
P.S.
I`m one of these (100%-47% entitlement) "ignorant Romney right wing bastards" who regularly donate their hard earned money to PBS and supposedly watch only Fox news.

Last edited:
China is presently consuming over 2/5 th of all the world`s Gold, Silver, Copper, Zinc,Lead, Iron, Coal and Oil. While we conserve and recycle as much as we can, yet according to the semi-communist extreme left enviro-wackos we are the "sinners".
While we are supposed to be an "inclusive society" China is becoming increasingly nationalistic and is driving colonialism/exploitation to new heights. China`s pace of resource consumption is dictated by economic growth which in turn can`t drop below 5 % in order to keep the unemployment rates and the number of people living in poverty where they are at present. Else there will be dire consequences for China`s rulers and they don`t plan to relinquish power any time soon.

There are huge tracts of fertile land in Africa`s temperate regions which are now owned and farmed by China`s state owned corporations that exploit cheep domestic labor and ship the produce to China. The wages that China is paying for domestic labor is below the level where the indigenous population could afford to buy their own produce. China "repays" these countries with construction projects such as huge football stadiums which can seat 50 000 in locations where only 4000 people live inside a distance radius that they can travel.

Oh, sure, I agree with you that China doesn't live up to the modern PC environmentalist Western ideal. Nobody PC cares to look at that too closely. As to Africa, I have also been watching that with interest. I suppose we could simply consider it China's turn to wage war on the Dark Continent and it's hopeless and spectacularly incompetent people. We certainly can't do it and Europe gave up and no wonder. Good luck to them, I say.

And China, at least, is the ONE country that has in fact tried the one child one family arithmetic, and has profited hugely from keeping down the overwhelming population increase that is punishing India (which has its own unsavory birth control methods that are not nearly as effective as China). I'm okay with China. A very interesting and highly intelligent country. I'll regret saying that if we end up at war with them next week, of course.....considering the North Korea crisis.

Oh, sure, I agree with you that China doesn't live up to the modern PC environmentalist Western ideal. Nobody PC cares to look at that too closely. As to Africa, I have also been watching that with interest. I suppose we could simply consider it China's turn to wage war on the Dark Continent and it's hopeless and spectacularly incompetent people. We certainly can't do it and Europe gave up and no wonder. Good luck to them, I say.

And China, at least, is the ONE country that has in fact tried the one child one family arithmetic, and has profited hugely from keeping down the overwhelming population increase that is punishing India (which has its own unsavory birth control methods that are not nearly as effective as China). I'm okay with China. A very interesting and highly intelligent country. I'll regret saying that if we end up at war with them next week, of course.....considering the North Korea crisis.

The one child family policy is now coming back to haunt them:
CHINA: Moving Population Pyramid

China will not go down because we`ll be at war with China...war as in armed conflict. China will go down because central planning does not work.
It`s been resurrected in Europe and Europe is going bust.
International trade has become intertwined to a degree that an economic crisis in one country cascades through the entire industrial world.
China is not immune and the Euro crisis already slowed the Chinese economy dangerously near the tipping point
I'm okay with China. A very interesting and highly intelligent country.
I`m not okay with China, nor are many Chinese and my uncle is one of them. Right now the only Chinese that are okay with China are the urban Chinese that have way above average wages and the rest that don`t refrain from rioting because they all remember Tiananmen Square.

Forum List

Back