Twenty Months Left To Go, How Will Obama Create 7 to 8 Million Jobs? Or Is He Toast ?

I don't know how and it may be pure dumb luck but if unemployment is anywhere near 8% the WH will beat everyone over the head with the fact that only Obama could get the rate down.The ass kissers over at MSNBC will push that every minute until the election then Obama will be re elected.

If the unemployment number doesn't budge much then not even MSNBC,CNN,CBS,NY Times,not anyone in the liberal media will be able to save him.

Being realistic, if unemployment is still hovering around 8% next summer, why would these 10 or so Million struggling Americans vote for Obama ?:(

Becuase he will simply do what he did the first time around...

He will promise that if he is elected, 95% of the people will see more money in their paycheck. If people did not see that as "buying votes" with tax payer money...then they were not paying attention.

the tax break for 95% of us is now worthless being gas is around $3.50 a gallon!! there goes our food costs!!!!:eek:

Being realistic, if unemployment is still hovering around 8% next summer, why would these 10 or so Million struggling Americans vote for Obama ?:(

Becuase he will simply do what he did the first time around...

He will promise that if he is elected, 95% of the people will see more money in their paycheck. If people did not see that as "buying votes" with tax payer money...then they were not paying attention.

the tax break for 95% of us is now worthless being gas is around $3.50 a gallon!! there goes our food costs!!!!:eek:

Well, as long as we're not drilling for oil, it's all good. Break out the bicycles... it's 1900 all over again!

BHO is toast
he has more luggage in 2 years than anyone I have ever seen
the Stimulus would have been a good idea if he would have did what W did
tax rebates
if your going to go that far in debt, give it to the the people your putting in debt

I can't agree with any of that. I can't absolutely say Obama is toast because I can't see how and why people vote for him or support him but many do.

The stimulus was bad anyway you look at it, Bush's X-box check was the begging of horrible stimulus ideas.

If taxes were cut in place of any of the stimulus’s that would have had the most positive and profound impact. Instead the money was invested and lost forever while adding to an already mountain of debt.
The market needs certainty badly, like under FDR we will not see this anytime soon.

Now I'm confused, I thought the conservatives believe that government doesnt create jobs? Now you want Obama to create jobs or blame Obama for not creating jobs that govt doesnt create in the first place..?

Let me off of this crazy train

Now I'm confused, I thought the conservatives believe that government doesnt create jobs? Now you want Obama to create jobs or blame Obama for not creating jobs that govt doesnt create in the first place..?

I'll be nice...

To answer your, statement...

The left and Obama supporters believe under Obama the economy and such is getting better. That the stimulus worked and Obamacare will help create jobs and save America even more money.

The problem is 2 years later the economy is headed back (not that it ever left) into a recession as the Stimulus money ran out and unemployment runs out as well.

The point of the OP was to show that Obama's supports (here on these boards at least) claim that Obama will do fine in the re-election because of his wonderful policies and how great these policies are doing.

In order for Obama's policies on the economy to claim success the Unemployment rate will have to go way down by jobs being created *somewhere*.

Every month that jobs are not created at the OP’s already ridiculous rate, that means the next months would have to make up for that…

So no, “conservatives” or TP people are not all of a sudden saying Government can create meaningful jobs, we/they are saying Obama’s policies were put in motion “fully” and are not yielding even the worst estimates givin by the Obama administration as provided by the UE number.

I know it’s hard to take it because all of this was recent history and you lived through it, but please try and think back to the claims Obama made when it came to “fixing the economy” and “unemployment not going over 8% and getting better from there.

Your welcome in advance, even thought I doubt you will be able to agree with what I said.

Last edited:

I'll be nice...

The left and Obama supporters believe under Obama the economy and such is getting better. That the stimulus worked and Obamacare will help create jobs and save America even more money.

The problem is 2 years later the economy is headed back (not that it ever left) into a recession as the Stimulus money ran out and unemployment runs out as well.

The point of the OP was to show that Obama's supports (here on these boards at least) claim that Obama will do fine in the re-election because of his wonderful policies and how great these policies are doing.

In order for Obama's policies on the economy to claim success the Unemployment rate will have to go way down by jobs being created *somewhere*.

Every month that jobs are not created at the OP’s already ridiculous rate, that means the next months would have to make up for that…

So no, “conservatives” or TP people are not all of a sudden saying Government can create meaningful jobs, we/they are saying Obama’s policies were put in motion “fully” and are not yielding even the worst estimates givin by the Obama administration as provided by the UE number.

I know it’s hard to take it because all of this was recent history and you lived through it, but please try and think back to the claims Obama made when it came to “fixing the economy” and “unemployment not going over 8% and getting better from there.

Your welcome in advance, even thought I doubt you will be able to agree with what I said.

yes, he said those things and turned out to be wrong but like it's been mentioned before Obama gave tax breaks, Bush bailed out the banks and all they did with their extra coin is give themselves huge bonuses.

Now, I have no problem with bonuses. What I do have a problem with is people that claim more money in the private sector creates jobs while at the same time seeing big bonuses go to top execs WHILE job creation stays stagnant.

No matter what Obama does, it's not going to make businesses hire if they can line their own pockets instead. No motivation for job creation exists, but bonuses, yeah now thats motivation.

I just can't wait for the Left to accuse Gingrich of being a two timer,considering what John Edwards did to his wife while she was dying of cancer:eusa_shhh:(oh,,,but thats ok cause he was a Democrat and Demorats have no Rules!!)

I'll be nice...

yes, he said those things and turned out to be wrong but like it's been mentioned before Obama gave tax breaks, Bush bailed out the banks and all they did with their extra coin is give themselves huge bonuses.

Now, I have no problem with bonuses. What I do have a problem with is people that claim more money in the private sector creates jobs while at the same time seeing big bonuses go to top execs WHILE job creation stays stagnant.

No matter what Obama does, it's not going to make businesses hire if they can line their own pockets instead. No motivation for job creation exists, but bonuses, yeah now thats motivation.

I will again try and be polite as you have done the same for me...

"Now, I have no problem with bonuses. What I do have a problem with is people that claim more money in the private sector creates jobs while at the same time seeing big bonuses go to top execs WHILE job creation stays stagnant."

This does not work when Government gives those big business’s the money. The money has to be created with a product that is viable on its own. That is not what happened. Greedy people who obviously didn't know how to run a company were givin billion, what did you expect to happen?

"Obama gave tax breaks"

What is a "tax break?" Obama gave by far mostly "tax credits... Deficit building tax credits that were aimed at buying cars toasters and houses in a time when people were losing jobs and living off unemployment. Sure, it created a predictable "surge" in the economy but it vanished almost as quickly as the money was spent, leaving us with a pile of debt... worth it?

"No matter what Obama does, it's not going to make businesses hire if they can line their own pockets instead. No motivation for job creation exists, but bonuses, yeah now thats motivation."

Correct and incorrect at the same time. Obama can't give money to a company that was otherwise failing and count on getting privet sector growth, yes... But motivation does exsist, or how else do we even have jobs today?

When a company fails as it should there is a void, a void that can be sold off for cheep usually. This allows someone that could never compete with "big business" a chance to buy the good assets of a company and run that company better... Think of it as nothing more than the theory of evolution, Obama does not believe in that theory.

Obama’s stimulus did nothing more than provide for Wiley coyote and the predictable happened. Wiley never learned to feed himself, thus he starves.

Google Image Result for http://yourownimage.com/Wile-E-Coyote.jpg

I just can't wait for the Left to accuse Gingrich of being a two timer,considering what John Edwards did to his wife while she was dying of cancer:eusa_shhh:(oh,,,but thats ok cause he was a Democrat and Demorats have no Rules!!)

Well lets be fair... John is pretty much over for doing that to his wife alone. I don't remember anyone defending him. Just being fair.

The GOP Congress owns the economy now.

Careful what you wished for.

Congratulations on the stupidest post of the week, on the internet as a whole no less award.

You do realize "congress" is both a House and a Senate, oh and that the president is a Democrat and has veto power... riiight?

Congratulations on the stupidest post of the week, on the internet as a whole no less award.

You do realize "congress" is both a House and a Senate, oh and that the president is a Democrat and has veto power... riiight?

Ok.

The House owns the economy now. Unless of course you're saying that every rightwinger on the planet who tried to make some sort of negative link between the economy and the Democrats taking the House in 2006

is full of shit.

Is that your position?

even if we get 200,000 new jobs for February, we still need closer to 400,000 every month to cut the unemployment level in half,,,,and no one sees that happening,,,well,there will be plenty of shoe shining jobs in Chicago in case Obama loses in a landslide come 2012:lol:

Lets just do the math first. With One Trillion Dollars,you can create about 25 Million Jobs using a $40,000 per job figure.Now that would be a fair ball park figure if it went to small or medium private business. Between Obama and Pelosi's spending, they say that they have added Four Trillion to the debt and about another 3 million jobs lost. SO WHERE IS THIS 3 OR 4 TRILLION DOLLARS? That will be a huge issue in the 2012 election. Overall, you only needed about 1/2 to 3/4 of a Trillion to put about 12 Million people back to work assuming the money would of been handled by HONEST AMERICAN BUISNESS OWNERS! But it seems a chunk of the 3 or 4 trillion went into the hands of "Obama Supporters & Cronies". (and Billions went to bail out banks who then later HANDED OUT MILLIONS FOR BONUSES! Being realistic, if unemployment is still hovering around 8% next summer, why would these 10 or so Million struggling Americans vote for Obama ?:(

Sigh. WE are toast and all some can think about is what their corporate/party masters want them to think/fuss about.

I can't believe you are counting down the months. Do you have a list of the days as well?

I mean Id like a better President than Obama. No denying that. But I've got more to deal with in life than worry about whether he can win an election that's well over a year and a half away. There is so much that will change between now and then not to mention we have no clue who is running against him. The idea that we can predict an outcome with so little information is just stupid.

You mean like the Democrat Congress owned the 06-08 economy?

There may be truth to what you say. But the simple fact is the President will own the economy.

I pray that America can hold out for another 20 months until we can get a President in the White House - any President - that has a fucking clue about how to run an administration and a country. I'll even settle for another damned Democrat if he knows what the fuck he's doing.

I pray that America can hold out for another 20 months until we can get a President in the White House - any President - that has a fucking clue about how to run an administration and a country. I'll even settle for another damned Democrat if he knows what the fuck he's doing.

you still haven't figured out he's probably going to be re-elected have you?

You mean like the Democrat Congress owned the 06-08 economy?

There may be truth to what you say. But the simple fact is the President will own the economy.

The President gave the Republicans the budget busting tax cut bill that they insisted was needed for the economy.

Forum List

Back