Twenty Minutes of Silence OR

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
This of course will not be enforced, but you can expect PI levels of neg rep from if you post during those times. Fair warning. Crimson White

Maybe it would be easier on everyone if you just shut the board down for 20 minutes.

This of course will not be enforced, but you can expect PI levels of neg rep from if you post during those times. Fair warning. Crimson White

Maybe it would be easier on everyone if you just shut the board down for 20 minutes.

I agree. The threads should be locked for that time...but the board should stay open for viewing and PMs etc.

I really don't understand why we wallow in victimhood on 9.11. there's remembering and there's being professional victims.

I have to say, i feel like the best way to give the finger to the people who orchestrated that type of destruction is to rebuild and go on. But it's been nine years and it's still a hole in the ground....

Terrorists and terrorist sympathizers must get a rush every time we do this.

I really don't understand why we wallow in victimhood on 9.11. there's remembering and there's being professional victims.

I have to say, i feel like the best way to give the finger to the people who orchestrated that type of destruction is to rebuild and go on. But it's been nine years and it's still a hole in the ground....

Everyone deals with grief in different ways. And Fuck the terrorists and their sympathizers. If they think they've won I don't give a crap. We cannot get into the habit of doing or not doing something becasue it may set a terrorist in motion. Do that and then they have won. so FUCK THEM ALL.

Everyone deals with grief in different ways. And Fuck the terrorists and their sympathizers. If they think they've won I don't give a crap. We cannot get into the habit of doing or not doing something becasue it may set a terrorist in motion. Do that and then they have won. so FUCK THEM ALL.

Actually, I think wallowing lets them win. In Israel, when something gets blown up, its cleaned up and re-built. you'd never even know they noticed. and they've had losses proportionate to their population that 9/11 was to ours.

And today I get to hear a lot of people talk about how they should re-play something that was the worst day EVER... do you really think we need to *see* and *smell* that again?

why would we do that?

and the best... the best... is we have loons of all political persuasions protesting down there today. so much for honoring the day. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

A moment of silence is specifically FOR remembering,

and how you manage to misconstrue it into "Wallowing In Victimhood" is beyond me.

and how you manage to misconstrue it into "Wallowing In Victimhood" is beyond me.

given that your mentally deficient ramblings are generally incoherant, i won't tax you with a long explanation ... but i wasn't referring to the moment of silence. i was referring to the day generally.

now kindly go back to your cave.

thanks.

Everybody does remember in different ways, and some people who are just fine at any other time really do get transported back on the morning of September 11th. It was one of those traumatic events that can leave scars for a lot of people, whether they had a personal connection to the events or no. I don't advocate changing our lives or routines at any other time, and I agree rebuilding and getting on with it is long overdue. But a call for a collective show of respect for a few minutes at this particular time isn't the same as stopping our lives. It's an acknowledgement, a respectful gesture and a brief time to reflect, and then we move on. I don't, however, agree with "punishment" of any kind for those who disagree, we do all remember in different ways.

Everybody does remember in different ways, and some people who are just fine at any other time really do get transported back on the morning of September 11th. It was one of those traumatic events that can leave scars for a lot of people, whether they had a personal connection to the events or no. I don't advocate changing our lives or routines at any other time, and I agree rebuilding and getting on with it is long overdue. But a call for a collective show of respect for a few minutes at this particular time isn't the same as stopping our lives. It's an acknowledgement, a respectful gesture and a brief time to reflect, and then we move on. I don't, however, agree with "punishment" of any kind for those who disagree, we do all remember in different ways.

a moment of remembrance isn't the same as a morbid fascination with watching planes murder people, people jumping from buildings and buildings collapse... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

do you really think we need that to remember what happened?

a moment of remembrance isn't the same as a morbid fascination with watching planes murder people, people jumping from buildings and buildings collapse... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

do you really think we need that to remember what happened?

I know it's just after 8:45, but I misunderstood your point so indulge me here, CW. ;)

The answer is NO. We don't need to wallow in the images of these things to remember. For some people maybe it helps them in some way, and that's fine. But I personally still can't watch them. There's no need, some things you just never forget.

given that your mentally deficient ramblings are generally incoherant, i won't tax you with a long explanation ... but i wasn't referring to the moment of silence. i was referring to the day generally.

thanks.
It's the equivalent of the current generations' "Day of Infamy".

It's not wallowing in victimhood; it's remembering and giving memorial to all we lost and all who were so very heroic that day and days after.

I do agree with you about rebuilding. I think the greatest way to say "Fuck you, you terrorist pigs and pieces of shit" was to rebuild, bigger and better. Another couple of towers would be great.

The Pentagon never looked better, by the way.

I will never forget. Ever. That does not equate to wallowing in victimhood, though. It simply reminds me (like I need to be reminded, by the way) of how fucked up they are, but it is more a unique way of honoring and memorial to me.

I remember my anger (a very motivating anger, so it's good) and the extraordinary heroism at these times. I don't mind that at all.

Last edited:
Well, imagine that, I read the post about not posting just minutes after the expiration and posting for the last twenty minutes.

It was not a deliberate attempt at disrespect, it was a lack of communication from USMB. Personally, I think restricting our lives because of what terrorists did is letting them win.

For those who lost a loved one. I hope you have obtained some peace. For those who supported the terrorists, may you be unable to read this or anything else.

I know it's just after 8:45, but I misunderstood your point so indulge me here, CW. ;)

The answer is NO. We don't need to wallow in the images of these things to remember. For some people maybe it helps them in some way, and that's fine. But I personally still can't watch them. There's no need, some things you just never forget.

I may not have been clear. Sorry. I didn't want to vent in the thread where people are talking about what they remember. And Willow's thread seemed a good place. :)

But really, I think respect is appropriate. Re-living it isn't. It's unhealthy.

thanks.
It's the equivalent of the current generations' "Day of Infamy".

It's not wallowing in victimhood; it's remembering and giving memorial to all we lost and all who were so very heroic that day and days after.

I do agree with you about rebuilding. I think the greatest way to say "Fuck you, you terrorist pigs and pieces of shit" was to rebuild, bigger and better. Another couple of towers would be great.

The Pentagon never looked better, by the way.

I will never forget. Ever. That does not equate to wallowing in victimhood, though. It simply reminds me (like I need to be reminded, by the way) of how fucked up they are, but it is more a unique way of honoring and memorial to me.

Personally, I view it as respect. In the same way that we honor the dead of the World Wars. It is something that makes us human - it makes us better than those who seek to destroy us.

Forum List

Back