Tweets!

There's a massive difference between movie reviews, and software reviews from cnet. Movie reviews are subjective, cnet reviews are objective.

Well, like I said, I like NoAds.

Obviously they don't.

But then, I hated pop-ups with a passion and they are now gone and have been for a long long time. What else can I ask for?

Immie
Until firefox came out with the first browser pop-up blocker, I suppose stand-alone apps like NoAds were necessary. I cannot imagine them being necessary today, since even IE now blocks pop-ups.

Well, forgive me if I don't uninstall NoAds at the moment, but maybe I have not needed it for a long time and just didn't know it.

Immie

Well, like I said, I like NoAds.

Obviously they don't.

But then, I hated pop-ups with a passion and they are now gone and have been for a long long time. What else can I ask for?

Immie
Until firefox came out with the first browser pop-up blocker, I suppose stand-alone apps like NoAds were necessary. I cannot imagine them being necessary today, since even IE now blocks pop-ups.

Well, forgive me if I don't uninstall NoAds at the moment, but maybe I have not needed it for a long time and just didn't know it.

Immie
I don't think you need to uninstall it. I don't see how it's hurting anything to keep it.

And, Merry Christmas!

Immie
I don't think you need to uninstall it. I don't see how it's hurting anything to keep it.

And, Merry Christmas!

Thank you very much!

And Merry Christmas to you as well.

Immie

firefox was not the first one to use a pop up blocker. but i don't want to start a browser war. i am just very fond of opera.
:lol::lol::lol:

Did you ever get or use the voice command feature?

Oh and, I am sure you're enjoying all of the adverts everywhere...

i tried the voice command, it is useless, but optional. opera has a superior tab management, and that for almost a decade. and while the adblocking is not as comfortable as adblockplus i can say i only see what i want, your avatar is blocked for a long time now, haha. same with all the other ads. see what i did there?
one downside of opera however is that some websites don't cooperate and you have to mask opera as IE or FF to get the desired result.

firefox was not the first one to use a pop up blocker. but i don't want to start a browser war. i am just very fond of opera.

i tried the voice command, it is useless, but optional. opera has a superior tab management, and that for almost a decade. and while the adblocking is not as comfortable as adblockplus i can say i only see what i want, your avatar is blocked for a long time now, haha. same with all the other ads. see what i did there?
one downside of opera however is that some websites don't cooperate and you have to mask opera as IE or FF to get the desired result.
Opera never quite caught on, but they DO provide a superior WAP browser as an add-on for the ol' celly!

Opera never quite caught on, but they DO provide a superior WAP browser as an add-on for the ol' celly!

yeah, they found their niche there, useless for me. they made a serious misjudgment when they did not offer it for free from the beginning. there was a free version with ads, how ironic. stupid norwegians, but i am still very fond of it. hahaha

yeah, they found their niche there, useless for me. they made a serious misjudgment when they did not offer it for free from the beginning. there was a free version with ads, how ironic. stupid norwegians, but i am still very fond of it. hahaha
Yes, but you also have to remember that at the time, during the dot-com bubble, everyone was making a killing on such products. So I can't blame them for trying to get their share of the killing, even though in retrospect it hurt their market share as far as how many people use their product now vs. others. I think it's in the area of 2% last I heard.

It's good equipment, I have it only for using it to check my own websites for compatibility after I do an update.

Yes, but you also have to remember that at the time, during the dot-com bubble, everyone was making a killing on such products. So I can't blame them for trying to get their share of the killing, even though in retrospect it hurt their market share as far as how many people use their product now vs. others. I think it's in the area of 2% last I heard.

It's good equipment, I have it only for using it to check my own websites for compatibility after I do an update.

it is great, it has some disadvantages because web designers don't opera-test it, and don't adhere to the standards. on the other hand, a niche product will not be directly targeted and exploited, just ask the mac and linux users, hahahah. you are seeing and will see the firefox security problems quantity rise, it already did; in germany we have above 50% firefox usage.

it is great, it has some disadvantages because web designers don't opera-test it, and don't adhere to the standards. on the other hand, a niche product will not be directly targeted and exploited, just ask the mac and linux users, hahahah. you are seeing and will see the firefox security problems quantity rise, it already did; in germany we have above 50% firefox usage.
I use Ubuntu. FF is the default browser. I don't worry too much about security.

And really, I don't know why I worry about my Opera testing. I do it anyway out of respect for the Opera users I guess. But I stopped supporting IE 6 long, long ago. What a piece of shit browser that is, MS should ban its use. Another one that needs to become a fossil fuel is that garbage AOL browser.

And really, I don't know why I worry about my Opera testing. I do it anyway out of respect for the Opera users I guess. But I stopped supporting IE 6 long, long ago. What a piece of shit browser that is, MS should ban its use. Another one that needs to become a fossil fuel is that garbage AOL browser.

ubuntu and firefox, so you are quite secure in your niche. you provide a good service for the few opera-aficionados. but if web designers/programmers actually would follow those web standards, all the testing would become moot. i think those non-standard fuck-ups are deliberate to claim market pieces.

ubuntu and firefox, so you are quite secure in your niche. you provide a good service for the few opera-aficionados. but if web designers/programmers actually would follow those web standards, all the testing would become moot. i think those non-standard fuck-ups are deliberate to claim market pieces.
Well, I will admit that I probably waste my time Opera-testing, since I am yet to need to make any changes for it.

And I'm sure some of that goes on, people coding their sites to discourage people from using browsers the web owner might not like for whatever reason.

Forum List

Back