TV Zombieland Party: Political Cartoons

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a TV-culture sociopolitical parody inspired by the films Lost Highway, Bulworth, Metropolis, and EDtv.

Signing off,

====

Fred and Jane were very popular working Americans living in Manhattan. They partied almost every weekend, mostly at chic clubs and pubs on Saturdays. During the week, they were Wall Street stockbrokers. One day, a mysterious man walked up to them at a nightclub when they were both sitting at the bar drinking Pina Coladas. The man had a funny moustache and noted how the attractive couple 'lit up the place,' and Fred and Jane thanked him for his unusual comment.

MAN: I couldn't imagine this place (or Manhattan!) without you two!
FRED/JANE: Well...thanks. Are you visiting NYC or a resident?
MAN: I'm only a visitor...
FRED/JANE: Can we buy you a Pina Colada?
MAN: Not now. I wanted to ask you two 'iconic Americans' a question.
FRED/JANE: Shoot.
MAN: Do you prefer going out at night or staying at home and cuddling up in front of the television?
FRED/JANE: We have a gorgeous flat-screen high-def television set and entertainment center, which rocks!
MAN: So which do you prefer --- a night out in Manhattan or a night-in watching a Tom Cruise flick?
FRED/JANE: Tom Cruise is capital-captain, so we like both! Why do you ask?
MAN: I'm doing some private research to see if the comforts/convenience of television dissuades clubgoers.
FRED/JANE: Many pubs/bars offer televisions which play sports-games or music-concerts these days...
MAN: I know, but that's not the same thing. I wonder if President Trump finds 'television zombies' favorable.
FRED/JANE: Television ads and politics-ads are good for consumerism/democracy, so we guess he does!
MAN: Imagine (Fred and Jane) then that all Manhattan clubgoers opt to stay home to watch television.
FRED/JANE: You mean on a random given Saturday night, all the Manhattan pubs/clubs are empty?
MAN: Yes, and all thanks to television! I can see President Trump dancing in the Oval Office right now...
FRED/JANE: That's a rather eerie 'image,' but maybe like with all things balance is best --- half-and-half.
MAN: Yes, of course, you're right. Americans want to become neither television zombies nor club-junkies.
FRED/JANE: Anyway, it's an intriguing question, man. "What if television turns Americans into hermits?"
MAN: They say Lord Shiva (Hindu god of meditation and destruction) thrives on 'hermitic imagination'!
FRED/JANE: Maybe Shiva might like Modern Family on American television...

====

tv.jpg

Forum List

Back