TV Sucks

I'm guiding this thread back, dammit!

Most TV does suck, yes, I'm not really sure who watches stuff like Cribs or The Fabulous Life of..., but it is all crap.

Now, here are the good things, according to me:

1. Six Feet Under - Great stories, amazing characters, not afraid to challenge the audience a little. Of course, it's over now, so it doesn't really matter now.

2. adult swim - Obviously, if you're not into cartoons and/or weird, subversive humor, you won't get into this. But, there's a feeling among the shows on there that it is really just a bunch of friends hanging out and doing stuff to make themselves laugh. Whether it's really like that or not, I don't know. My personal favorite show is Tom Goes to the Mayor, but I know a lot of people that absolutely HATE that show. I guess the one everyone can agree on is Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

3. 24 - It's like a brilliantly written action movie that always leaves you wanting more.

4. The Shield - I haven't watched it for a while, and it's honestly not really my taste, but I can admit that it is a very well-done show. Just too dark for me.

5. The Sopranos - Even though it takes them 3 years to make a new season, this is probably one of the best shows ever on television. Every single aspect of it is top-notch and there is rarely a dull moment.

6. Curb Your Enthusiasm - We've discussed this one ad nauseum, so I don't guess I need to keep going with it.

7. My Name is Earl & The Office - 2 great "sitcoms" (the quotes are because neither follows a typical 3-camera, 3-act sitcom formula). The British Office is better, but the American one is certainly good.

Aaaand, that's about it, I think. In my opinion.

Hobbit said:
My sister does. :(
People who go on cribs seriously are boring. But did you see when they went to Redman's apartment? That shit was grade A hilarious.

Cribs is hit or miss; most people just use it as a tool to brag, but the people who are creative are amusing.

The ClayTaurus said:
I wonder if this girl is the same as this girl from the Ying Yang twins video "Shake"

I was curious who she was... but I can't for certain tell if they're the same.

D's pic is Leila Arcieri. She was in Daddy Day Care, xXx, and was on Son of the Beach. Don't know if she's been in any videos, but that doesn't really look like her to me.

dmp said:
No offense Hob - but I enjoy this thread better w/ pics of hot chicks. :)

:p:

How about hot chicks from TV.

Maggie Grace from Lost.

0,1425,i=117886,00.jpg

Heard it's a good show, but never seen it.

Shattered said:
You forgot Discovery, and Animal Planet. :)
this channel and the discovery channel are the only ones that I miss. we no longer have cable other than a $10/month basic with a few extra channels, just so we can get a good picture because aerial service here sucks. Been cable-free for over 2 years now.

I kind of like it though. If there's nothing good on, turn the tv off and find something more constructive to do.

dmp said:
Do you make women call you "The ClayTaurus" in bed?

"What's my screen name, bitch!!!!"

"OOH!! The ClayTaurus!! OMG!! OH"

At first he wanted them to call him "Clay" but when they finished, they wanted him to sing.

dmp said:
Like you've never heard "Oh!! GOT ZOOOOOM!!!!" from a chick in climax....

:)

Actually no....

But they have, during the afterglow, in an extremely sultry tone...whispered...

...zoom zoom.....zoom...

Zhukov said:
Watch C-SPAN.

The exchange between Kennedy and Specter was great reality TV.

Happen to catch how tightly Kennedy was grabbing on to his notes, it got worse as he went along. :baby4: I thought he was going to have an embolism..

Forum List

Back