TV. no sound

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
my tv has no sound. at first i thought it might be the vcr or cable so i unplugged the cable and vcr from the tv. when i did that i cant get a picture but the static on the screen was also silent. is the tv broke and can it be easily fixed?

my tv has no sound. at first i thought it might be the vcr or cable so i unplugged the cable and vcr from the tv. when i did that i cant get a picture but the static on the screen was also silent. is the tv broke and can it be easily fixed?

Is the TV broken?

If it is, do yourself a big favor and never buy another one.

does it sound as if its the tv?
would it cost too much to fix?

Our TV speakers went out and the cost to fix it was too much. We went and got new external speakers for it at WalMart. Much cheaper and does the job just as well.

does it sound as if its the tv?
would it cost too much to fix?

Could be. How old is the tv? Do some research online to see if it's a common problem with your brand. We had something go wrong with one of our tvs (quite a few years ago) and whatever it was cost about $65 to fix so we fixed it. If you need to replace it but don't want to buy brand new, check out e-bay or better yet, craigslist. People sell all kinds of good stuff for cheap on craigslist. Might take some time finding what you want but the payoff is that it saves some mighty bucks.

i fixed it. its the vcr. when i plug the cable directly into the tv it works fine. however, some channels have a full screen and others have a black bar on the top and bottom. im sure its not the tv or all the channels would be like that.

i fixed it. its the vcr. when i plug the cable directly into the tv it works fine. however, some channels have a full screen and others have a black bar on the top and bottom. im sure its not the tv or all the channels would be like that.

Your VCR is adding the letterbox on the channels that have a wide screen format.

Forum List

Back