TV news helicopters collide, killing 4

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By JACQUES BILLEAUD, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 58 minutes ago

PHOENIX - Federal investigators hope to determine why two news helicopters covering a police chase on live television collided and crashed to the ground, killing all four people on board.

Both helicopters from local TV stations went down in a grassy park in central Phoenix and caught fire Friday afternoon. No one on the ground was hurt.

TV viewers did not witness the accident because cameras aboard both aircraft were pointed at the ground, but they saw video from one of the helicopters break up and begin to spin before the station abruptly switched to the studio.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070728/ap_on_re_us/helicopters_collide

What I find absurd about this is that they reported on the news they were considering charging the accused with the deaths of these newspeople/pilots.

Absolute BS, IMO. That's piling on for the sake of it.

Well he did carjack someone also. And was a criminal if he would have stopped when the cops lit him up he wouldnt have caused anyones death. So I say fuck him and charge him with murder. I mean he is obviously someone that shouldnt be on the streets. So maybe he didn't cause the deaths directly but he still did cause them as the urinalists oops i mean journalists wouldnt have been out there in the air following had he stopped and not broken the law in the first place!

Well he did carjack someone also. And was a criminal if he would have stopped when the cops lit him up he wouldnt have caused anyones death. So I say fuck him and charge him with murder. I mean he is obviously someone that shouldnt be on the streets. So maybe he didn't cause the deaths directly but he still did cause them as the urinalists oops i mean journalists wouldnt have been out there in the air following had he stopped and not broken the law in the first place!

Hey I bet some old people and some sick people died during the time of the chase too. Why not charge him with those " murders" also.

You can make a pretty good case that the choppers would have not even been in the area if it were not for this crime.

If anyone dies in the commission of a crime the defendant can be charged with their deaths.

If you rob a guy and the guy in the store room of the store has a heart attack you can be charged.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070728/ap_on_re_us/helicopters_collide

What I find absurd about this is that they reported on the news they were considering charging the accused with the deaths of these newspeople/pilots.

Absolute BS, IMO. That's piling on for the sake of it.

Total BS! I agree. They don't have a case! The "News" helicopters were there by choice to cover "NEWS" and generate review for the station. They were NOT directly involved in this crime. Argue till the cows come home that they wouldn't have been there if it hadn't been for this crime..I'll argue they we're not forced to be there.

Total BS! I agree. They don't have a case! The "News" helicopters were there by choice to cover "NEWS" and generate review for the station. They were NOT directly involved in this crime. Argue till the cows come home that they wouldn't have been there if it hadn't been for this crime..I'll argue they we're not forced to be there.

If anyone is to blame besides the helicopter pilots, it is the people who hired them to do the “in the sky” news stories. They are certainly more at fault for their deaths than is the criminal who was running from police.

If anyone is to blame besides the helicopter pilots, it is the people who hired them to do the “in the sky” news stories. They are certainly more at fault for their deaths than is the criminal who was running from police.

No not even the employer is to blame. The Pilots willingly took the job. Furthermore, pilots have the duty to "see and avoid". Tragically BOTH pilots failed to do that.

Hey I bet some old people and some sick people died during the time of the chase too. Why not charge him with those " murders" also.

Ok yes some old and sick people probably did die during the time of the chase. But they werent directly involved in it in any way. Yes I dont like the media for the most part as they are just a bunch of houd dogs chasing crap. But the pilots arent really journalists anyways back to the point. Yes true they didnt have to be there. But thats what journalists do "chase stories" But still. He was a carjacker so I say anything to keep him locked up longer.

Ok yes some old and sick people probably did die during the time of the chase. But they werent directly involved in it in any way. Yes I dont like the media for the most part as they are just a bunch of houd dogs chasing crap. But the pilots arent really journalists anyways back to the point. Yes true they didnt have to be there. But thats what journalists do "chase stories" But still. He was a carjacker so I say anything to keep him locked up longer.

No. He should be locked up or punished in other ways for what he was directly responsible for causing. I like the show “Cops” so much that I developed eyestrain. I guess that I should hold the criminals responsible for causing my eyestrain.

People have a tendency to drive slowly in order to stare at car wrecks. If the car in front of me slows down suddenly to see the results of a wreck and I drive into the car that slowed down, is it the fault of the people in the wrecked cars?

No. Individuals are responsible for their own actions unless a gun is held to their head. The criminal did not cause the pilots to crash into each other.

He should be charged with the crimes he is suspected of committing. He should not be charged with the deaths of media hotdogs trying to be first with the sensationalized scoop.

Forum List

Back