TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda

Discussion in 'Media' started by American Cowboy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. American Cowboy

American Cowboy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Some of TV's top executives from the past four decades may have gotten more than they bargained for when they agreed to be interviewed for a politically charged book that was released Tuesday, because video of their controversial remarks will soon be hitting the Internet.

The book makes the case that TV industry executives, writers and producers use their clout to advance a liberal political agenda. The author bases his thesis on, among other things, 39 taped interviews that he'll roll out piecemeal during the next three weeks.

Read the rest here: Link

Libtards don't have brains. SNL and Jon Stewart do their think for them.

2. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

Are you saying teenagers who went to journalism school from 1963 to 1993 were set to save the world from the evil man? I agree.

From the mid nineties on I noticed a good number of "Rush" fans in my journalism classes. Alot. Everyone wanted to be a large round white man who wrote a sports column and opinion articles about Clinton's sex life. Place got strange.

If you are saying General Electric is a liberal defense contractor, interesting.....

Disney I would believe could be some liberals. Walt is a New Deal aged man.

News Corp is Fox News, guess they could be liberal.....They do let that guy on selling gold.

3. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    Your point? Who wants to go back to the 50s?

4. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    An entire industry that is centered around make believe is comprised almost completely of liberals? I'm shocked.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    You know, even if this is true, so what? Apparently, 99.9% of "creative" types fall under the ideology that you people bent on labelling would call "lefty" from what I gather from this board. Who would really want to gum the bland pap that would be a "conservative" show? Not me, nor anyone else I know... same reason we don't listend to "xtian rock" (in parentheses because it definitely does not in any way rock) or Lee effing Greenwood... dude can't even sing. If you want to watch nothing but Matlock, be my guest. People watch what they are interested in, so by your post, most people are interested in "liberal" issues? Or are they just human issues... hmmm....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  6. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,302
    So what?

No one's stopping anyone from making any kind of movies/tv they want, pretty much.

7. Toome

Toome Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259
    The movie industry is successful for one reason and one reason only: people are willing to pay money for it. They aren't forced to pay at the ticket box; they aren't brainwashed; they aren't tricked into it. They simply make a choice and throw money on the counter. It's that simple.

Do producers, screenwriters and executives have an "agenda"? Probably. But that "agenda" depends on box office sales, and box office sales depend on people's willingness to shell out their hard-earned cash.

TV industry is different because viewers pay indirectly. However, the middleman is the TV show sponsor, and sponsors respond to consumer demand. So on a lesser scale, it still amounts to the same thing: people influence the type of shows on TV.

I think it all boils down to the basics: good storyline, interesting characters and innovative storytelling. Politics is not what drives the train.

8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    So we now have physical proof, in the recorded voice of tv execs, that backs up what we all already knew....the media has a liberal bias and propagandizes for a liberal agenda.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. CountofTuscany

CountofTuscany Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    No surprises. Friends always seemed to have a leaning edge.