TV Commercials: Funny or Annoying....

"TV Commercials: Funny or Annoying...."

Muted.

My mom does that. (Mutes them) -
Hubby and I are becoming more and more DVR watchers, but, we still have to endure commercials during sporting events .....
Same here. Sadly the latest cable company trick is to disable fast forward so you have to watch the commercials.

Really? That has not happened to us yet.
Now, if we watch "ON DEMAND" programs, we have to watch the commercials, but, even then, there are less commercials than in regular programming....
So it has happened to you.

"TV Commercials: Funny or Annoying...."

Muted.

My mom does that. (Mutes them) -
Hubby and I are becoming more and more DVR watchers, but, we still have to endure commercials during sporting events .....
Same here. Sadly the latest cable company trick is to disable fast forward so you have to watch the commercials.

Really? That has not happened to us yet.
Now, if we watch "ON DEMAND" programs, we have to watch the commercials, but, even then, there are less commercials than in regular programming....
So it has happened to you.

ON DEMAND is different than when you DVR a program. (at least for us it is.....) I can FFW if we DVR it ourselves, but, if on the ON DEMAND menu, not.

The "Sonic" Guys - funny or annoying?

My vote: ANNOYING!!!

If Sonic wants to sell more product they should have commercials with less of those two hot dogs in them and more of these two:

512fddd628787.preview-620.jpg

If Sonic wants to sell more product they should have commercials with less of those two hot dogs in them and more of these two:

512fddd628787.preview-620.jpg

There is no Sonic within 45 miles from where I live. Probably a good thing, because I love hot dogs! My personal favorite is below. I could eat these every day! (Sauerkraut & Mustard.. YUM!!!!)

images

There is an Xfinity commercial they play here constantly that I HATE.
Where the girls says "go back to your wife you sociopath".. annoying!

Unless it's on a premium channel like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.I prefer not to watch shows live. I DVR every show/program that I like. I then watch it later, even if it's a half hour or hour later and simply skip through the commercials.

In other times when they slip through the cracks, I do enjoy the funny ones, and sometimes even look forward to seeing them. I also made a game/habit of discovering attractive actresses in them.

So although I don't like commercials in principle, I believe you gotta make it enjoyable.

[...]

I DVR every show/program that I like. I then watch it later, even if it's a half hour or hour later and simply skip through the commercials.

[...]
Yes. This is a very handy trick. I derive a peculiar pleasure from machine-gunning commercials with the Fast/Fwd button. I've burned out two remotes doing it.

I'm expecting the bastards to figure out some way to get over on us. As it is they have gotten together with other sponsors and have synchronized their commercial time slots so we can't just thumb around to avoid commercials.

Forum List

Back