TV: Breaking Bad

bennylava

Jan 21, 2008
nunya biznezz
Before I start....yes yes I know. You don't watch TV. You're very special. I'm sure your parents are proud.

Ok now that I got that out of the way, has anyone seen this? I watched it last night and it was great. Maybe it's because anything good looks great right now with the writer's strike on.
It was just bizarre, funny, weird, dramatic, unexpected, and cool. Acting was great, writing was great. I am looking forward to the next one!

I watched the first episode. I saw it was on last night, and didn't watch it..was it a rerun of the first episode?

Anyway, I watched the first episode and it was really good.

But between this and Weeds I'm sorta concerned that we're starting a whole drug manufacture/sale tv genre...

I don't have showtime so I've never seen weeds, just heard about it.
This was just so bizarre though, he really didn't have a reason for selling meth, did he? I missed the first five minutes, was he trying to make money to leave for his family after he dies?

I missed some of the beginning, but here's the gist.

He works for an ass who treats him like dirt. I don't know if that's his second job or if he got fired from his original job (teaching Chemistry). That's the part I missed. But the guy is awful.

His son is disabled, his wife is pregnant, they're broke, the water heater doesn't work and he's diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.

He goes on a drive-along with cop buddies of his after he hears how much money they find on drug raids..and while he's sitting in the car outside a raid, he sees a student of his scooting out of the window of the neighbor's house.

He finds the kid and they start up business.

So he does it because he's dying and wants to leave something for his family.

Who don't know he's sick, by the way.

Did you see where he shut the bad dealers who were going to kill him up in the trailer and gassed them? Then the grass around the trailer caught on fire? It was hilarious. In a sick sort of demented way.

Oh I missed the part about his wife being pregnant.
I knew his son was disabled, I just missed the first five minutes of it. I started watching when the doc was giving him his diagnosis.
Yeah it was really funny in a sick kind of way. And the main guy is just such a good actor, he just looks like some kind of crazy chemistry teacher I had in highschool, those people you knew might just lose it if given enough reason to.

Well I'm learning a lot about meth, I didn't know that there were different grades of it and that crystals were good. Jeez. I wonder if the chemistry stuff is true to life or the process they're showing for making meth is real.

It's pretty realistic, I think. From what I've heard making meth is pretty easy to do....

The guys he ended up trying to kill with the mustard gas in the trailer.

Anyone else watching this? It's really disgusting but for some reason I'm so into it.

Forum List

Back