Tuskegee Syphilis Experiments: Dark Period in Democrat History

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
The Tuskegee Experiments occurred starting from 1932 until 1972 and involved infecting black men with syphilis without their consent. Ironically, the Experiments were commissioned by the US Public Health Service, a branch of the government formed by an act of Congress in 1798 to provide for the care and relief of sick and injured merchant seamen.

The Experiments started when FDR and the Dems took control of the Federal Government. Let's say that again: Tuskegee started in 1932 once the Democrats took Congress and FDR and the Dems took the White House.

The Democrats ran the Tuskegee Experiments for 40 years.

Whenever you hear mention of Tuskegee, if they mention it at all, the LMSM's immediate reaction "Tuskegee Bad, Bush lied" or anything else to change the subject.

Can you imagine if Prescott Bush ran the US Public Health Service during Tuskegee? You'd never hear the end of Republican Nazi like hatred for colored folk.

But because Democrats ran the experiments, it's just a darn inconvenience because Dems have done so much for blacks: Public assistance, public education, public housing and the Tuskegee Experiment.

Last edited:
I'm impressed Frank, you have surpassed your own stupidity in this one. Are you playing a character or are you for real?

From PHS website regarding PHS for teh period "between the 2 wars". I'm trying to put names to events.

"Under the New Deal PHS became more involved in the broader health concerns of the nation. The Social Security Act of 1935 provided PHS with the funds and the authority to build a system of state and local health departments, an activity that it had already been doing to some extent on an informal basis. Under this legislation the Service provided grants to states to stimulate the development of health services, train public health workers, and undertake research on health problems. These programs were to be aided by the Federal government but run at the state and local level, joining the various government units in a public health partnership.

These new authorities were embraced by Thomas Parran, who was appointed as PHS Surgeon General in 1936 and was of a more activist bent than his predecessor. Venereal disease was an area of particular concern to Parran, who sought to focus the battle against syphilis and gonorrhea on scientific and medical grounds, rather than emphasizing moral or ethical views concerning sex. His articles in widely read magazines and his 1937 book, Shadow on the land, were a major factor in breaking down the taboo against the discussion of the subject in the popular press. His efforts were instrumental in leading to the passage of the National Venereal Disease Control Act in 1938. This legislation provided Federal funds to the states through PHS for venereal disease control programs, as well as supporting research into the treatment and prevention of these diseases.

PHS - History Page 8

I've never heard anything about this one way or the other.

So unless somebody can refute CF's assertion, I guess I'll have to assume it's irrefutable. :eusa_whistle:

you know, in a way frank serves a purpose... he makes almost everyone else look smarter by comparison.

i wouldn't mind the politics. i do kinda mind the insane lies.

but whatever.

Which "insane lies" are you referring to specifically?

Was this part of the official platform of the Democratic Party?

Obvious conspiracy here.........Did you stay up all night to come up with this one Frank?

you know, in a way frank serves a purpose... he makes almost everyone else look smarter by comparison.

i wouldn't mind the politics. i do kinda mind the insane lies.

but whatever.

The Experiments started when Democrats swept into power.

Please explain why.

Was this part of the official platform of the Democratic Party?

Obvious conspiracy here.........Did you stay up all night to come up with this one Frank?

The Experiments started in 1932 only after the Dem swept into power and ran PHS.

OK,

It didn't take very long to refute CF's core assertion, that the subjects were deliberately infected as part of the study. According to my quick internet research, the 399 study participants already had syphilis.

But seriously Frank,

Can you possibly get any sleazier?
Using this horrific event from American history for your own sick political motives?

OK,

It didn't take very long to refute CF's core assertion, that the subjects were deliberately infected as part of the study. According to my quick internet research, the 399 study participants already had syphilis.

What exactly did you "refute"?

But seriously Frank,

Can you possibly get any sleazier?
Using this horrific event from American history for your own sick political motives?

The question is why did Democrats use their political power to start these experiments

OK,

What exactly did you "refute"?

The first sentence of your OP where you said they were infected without their consent.

OK,

Making it OK to experiment on blacks?

Forum List

Back