Tuscon Turning Point?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
In 2001 Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords made a pilgrimage to Israel that she has called a turning point in her life. During that same year, Israeli forces killed 103 children, 31 by head shots.

In the last ten years the IDF has killed at least 255 Palestinian children using head shots. In 2009 the UK Telegraph asked a Sinai physician about the nature of these shootings:

"'I can't precisely decide whether these children are being shot at as a target, but in some cases the bullet comes from the front of the head and goes towards the back, so I think the gun has been directly pointed at the child.'"

If the only victim of the Tuscon shootings had been a congressperson who could always be counted on to support Israeli war crimes, the concept of karma would be much easier to apply.

Nine year-old Christina Taylor Green among the other victims seems the most tragic loss.

"It is equally tragic to read of nine-year-old Akaber, killed by Israeli gunfire to her head while riding in her uncle’s car to get medical stitches removed, and of the 29 other nine-year-olds killed by Israeli forces in the past decade, eight of them by Israeli gunfire to the head...

"But there is hope that Gabrielle Giffords is going to survive

"Let us pray that she recovers fully, that she is able to return to Congress, and that she then works to prevent others – including Palestinians – from being shot in the head.

Alison Weir: Shot in the Head

In 2001 Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords made a pilgrimage to Israel that she has called a turning point in her life. During that same year, Israeli forces killed 103 children, 31 by head shots. Alison Weir
The head of this hideous cow Alison is solid bone.

human-shields.jpg

The UN announcement that 51 civilians have died in the conflict in Gaza must be understood in the context of Hamas's declared ideology to use civilians as human shields for Hamas fighters.

Indeed, Hamas continues to emphasize and promote the religious ideology that death for Allah is an ideal to be actively pursued. The goal is to convince Palestinians, including women and children, not to fear death but even to face it at the front to protect Hamas fighters.

Hamas's placement of its military installations and fighters among civilians reflects this ideology, and has led to these 51 deaths.

A Hamas representative in the PA legislative council this year expressed pride in the fact that women and children are used as human shields in fighting Israel. He described it as part of a "death industry" at which Palestinians excel, and explained that the Palestinians "desire death" with the same intensity that Israelis "desire life."

The following is the full text of the comments by Hamas representative Fathi Hamad:

"For the Palestinian people death became an industry, at which women excel and so do all people on this land: the elderly excel, the Jihad fighters excel, and the children excel. Accordingly [Palestinians] created a human shield of women, children, the elderly and the Jihad fighters against the Zionist bombing machine, as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy: We desire death as you desire life."

Click

hamasc2ae-intifada-baby-armor.jpg
Look above. See how close the child's head is to the soldier?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTu-AUE9ycs

human-shields.jpg

The UN announcement that 51 civilians have died in the conflict in Gaza must be understood in the context of Hamas's declared ideology to use civilians as human shields for Hamas fighters.

Indeed, Hamas continues to emphasize and promote the religious ideology that death for Allah is an ideal to be actively pursued. The goal is to convince Palestinians, including women and children, not to fear death but even to face it at the front to protect Hamas fighters.

Hamas's placement of its military installations and fighters among civilians reflects this ideology, and has led to these 51 deaths.

A Hamas representative in the PA legislative council this year expressed pride in the fact that women and children are used as human shields in fighting Israel. He described it as part of a "death industry" at which Palestinians excel, and explained that the Palestinians "desire death" with the same intensity that Israelis "desire life."

The following is the full text of the comments by Hamas representative Fathi Hamad:

"For the Palestinian people death became an industry, at which women excel and so do all people on this land: the elderly excel, the Jihad fighters excel, and the children excel. Accordingly [Palestinians] created a human shield of women, children, the elderly and the Jihad fighters against the Zionist bombing machine, as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy: We desire death as you desire life."

Click

hamasc2ae-intifada-baby-armor.jpg
Look above. See how close the child's head is to the soldier?

Why is Israel shooting at Palestinians in Palestine?

You are back to wishing again. That which the UN saw, you say was never there. That which was first documented in the modern era by the Greeks, you say is not there.

Wish away. Even those Arabs who negotiate know better than you. Just the extremists follow your path.

And those ones, such as you PF?

We are ready for and we await your attack.

Come, get it.
Get some of this, Ropey:

"On a recent trip to the region, I (Chris Hedges) visited the Khan Younis refugee camp in the Gaza Strip.

"It was still. The camp waited, as if holding its breath. And then, out of the dry furnace air a disembodied voice crackled over a loudspeaker from the Israeli side of the camp's perimeter fence.

"'Come on, dogs,' the voice boomed in Arabic. 'Where are all the dogs of Khan Younis? Come! Come!'

"I stood up and walked outside the hut. The invective spewed out in a bitter torrent. 'Son of a bitch!' 'Son of a whore!' ''Your mother's ****!'

"The boys darted in small packs up the sloping dunes to the electric fence that separated the camp from the Jewish settlement abutting it.

"They lobbed rocks towards a jeep, mounted with a loudspeaker and protected by bulletproof armor plates and metal grating, that sat parked on the top of a hill known as Gani Tal.

"The soldier inside the jeep ridiculed and derided them.

"Three ambulances-which had pulled up in anticipation of what was to come-lined the road below the dunes..

"There was the boom of a percussion grenade.

"The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scattered, running clumsily through the heavy sand. They descended out of sight behind the dune in front of me.

"There were no sounds of gun-fire.

"The soldiers shot with silencers.

"The bullets from M-I6 rifles, unseen by me, tumbled end-over-end through their slight bodies.

"I would see the destruction, the way their stomachs were ripped out, the gaping holes in their limbs and torsos, later in the hospital.

"I had seen children shot in other conflicts I have covered--death squads gunned them down in EI Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo--

"but I had never watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport.

Chris Hedges, 'War is a Force that gives us Meaning'"

ISRAEL:

Are you wishing you had your silencer close by?

Maybe you think I have some children you could murder for sport?

Moses would approve.

You are back to wishing again. That which the UN saw, you say was never there. That which was first documented in the modern era by the Greeks, you say is not there.

Wish away. Even those Arabs who negotiate know better than you. Just the extremists follow your path.

And those ones, such as you PF, and George? Who Cares? Not me.

We are ready for and we await any incoming attack.

To them I say, come, get it.
And what of that which Chris Hedges saw?

"Chris Hedges, who was on the NY Times team that won the Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting for the paper's coverage of global terrorism has been a foreign correspondent for fifteen years and has covered wars in El Salvador, Guatemala, Algeria, Palestine and the Balkans wrote of an experience in the Khan Younis refugee camp in Gaza in his 2002 book, 'War is a Force that gives us Meaning...':

"There was the boom of a percussion grenade. The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scattered, running clumsily through the heavy sand.

"They descended out of sight behind the dune in front of me. There were no sounds of gun-fire.

"The bullets from M-I6 rifles, unseen by me, tumbled end-over-end through their slight bodies.

"I would see the destruction, the way their stomachs were ripped out, the gaping holes in their limbs and torsos, later in the hospital.

"I had seen children shot in other conflicts I have covered--death squads gunned them down in EI Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo--but I had never watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."

Got any war stories you would like to share, Ropey?

ISRAEL:

"Life and death in the buffer zone

"Death comes quickly at a place like this. On sunny winter days, when the smell of the night’s rain is still in the air, as if it would have brought some hope for the raped, barren land of Gaza, overrun hundreds of times by Israeli tanks and bulldozers.

"The land between the foothills of the village of Bait Hanoun and the Israeli border, guarded by watchtowers, soldiers, snipers, helicopters and drones is a land in which death is a regular guest."

To be continued...

Shaban Karmout was a civilian.

"But despite all that, the 65-year-old Shaban Karmout probably had something like hope when he woke up on that winter morning.

"His house is in the 300 meter wide strip of land in the so-called buffer zone.

"He built his house 40 years ago, in 1971, when Gaza was already occupied by Israel, and yet he thought to have a future there for himself and his family.

"Shaban began to plant fruits, his land was full of palms and trees, lemon, orange, clementine and almond trees were growing there. He had a good life.

"But in 2003, just at the time of the almond harvest, the Israeli bulldozers came in the middle of the night.

"It took them three hours to raze the work of 30 years to the ground."

Life and death...

Three hours for 30 years.

Sounds biblical.

Are you familiar with Chris Hedges's 2002 book, "War is a Force that gives us Meaning?" Chris has covered war from Salvador to Sarajevo yet has never seen children murdered for sport until he payed a visit to Gaza:

"On a recent trip to the region, I visited the Khan Younis refugee camp in the Gaza Strip.

"As the searing afternoon heat and swirling eddies of dust enveloped the camp, I sought cover, slumping under the shade of a palm-roofed hut on the edge of the dunes. I was momentarily defeated by the grit that covered my face and hair, the jostling crowds, the stench of the open sewers and rotting garbage.

"Barefoot boys, clutching ragged soccer balls and kites made out of scraps of paper, squatted a few feet away under scrub trees. Men, in flowing white or gray galabias-homespun robes-smoked cigarettes outside their doorways.

"They fingered prayer beads and spoke in hushed tones as they boiled tea or coffee on sooty coals in small iron braziers in the shade of the eaves. Two emaciated donkeys, their ribs outlined on their flanks, were tethered to wooden carts with rubber wheels.

"It was still. The camp waited, as if holding its breath. And then, out of the dry furnace air a disembodied voice crackled over a loudspeaker from the Israeli side of the camp's perimeter fence.

"'Come on, dogs,' the voice boomed in Arabic. 'Where are all the dogs of Khan Younis? Come! Come!'

"I stood up and walked outside the hut. The invective spewed out in a bitter torrent. 'Son of a bitch!' 'Son of a whore!' ''Your mother's ****!'

"The boys darted in small packs up the sloping dunes to the electric fence that separated the camp from the Jewish settlement abutting it.

"They lobbed rocks towards a jeep, mounted with a loudspeaker and protected by bulletproof armor plates and metal grating, that sat parked on the top of a hill known as Gani Tal. The soldier inside the jeep ridiculed and derided them.

"Three ambulances-which had pulled up in anticipation of what was to come-lined the road below the dunes..

"There was the boom of a percussion grenade. The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scattered, running clumsily through the heavy sand. They descended out of sight behind the dune in front of me.

"There were no sounds of gun-fire.

"The bullets from M-I6 rifles, unseen by me, tumbled end-over-end through their slight bodies. I would see the destruction, the way their stomachs were ripped out, the gaping holes in their limbs and torsos, later in the hospital.

"I had seen children shot in other conflicts I have covered--death squads gunned them down in EI Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo--

"but I had never watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."

ISRAEL...

Forum List

Back